PDA

View Full Version : Here be dragons

DrGeordie
05-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Having exhausted my limited archives, this is the first original piece I've written in about 5 years. Feel free to comment but be gentle. I'm a bit rusty (OK a lot rusty) and the lines don't flow as freely as they did back then but it was good to find I can still turn a line if I try hard enough.
================================================== ========

will you catch the ball
of energy and light
the dark star on a crystal night
with it's strange pulsating rhythym
there's a code there to be read
if you'll step inside my circle
but be careful where you tread
for in the circle sleeps the dragon
only tethered by a thread
the beast that guards the way
to a narrow rocky path
many slipped and fell
trying to go that way
far fewer have the courage
to pluck a scale from the dragons hide
to cut the thread, wake the beast
and try to hold on for the ride
but those who will ride the lightning
headlong through the darkness
laughing in the rain
might lay down in the sunshine
in the eye of the hurricane

cariad
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Well, I don't know how hard you had to try, but your poem had a life of its own, and the quest to pass through the unknown to discover the calm epicentre is one worthy of any knight or lady.

caria

^firefly^
05-22-2007, 05:16 AM
DrGeordie,

I agree with cariad. If you say you're rusty...I'll take your word for it, though you can't tell by this poem. Perhaps it's because I have a fondness for dragons, but I really liked this piece. It was quite tempting, even though I've read about the consequences of waking sleeping dragons. Excellent work!

Echoes
05-27-2007, 12:15 AM
ooh you are still in touch!
Thank you for this beautiful poem, it absolutely (for lack of better words) flowed, flourished, then basked in the sunshine.

i can only hope my will return one day as smoothly and aptly as yours has

~hugs~

DrGeordie
05-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the kind words everybody.

^firefly^ - 'rusty' means it took 3-4 hours of wrestling to turn out something I would once have done in half an hour.

Also inspiration doesn't strike as frequently as it used to. I get one idea every 2-3 weeks now, it used to be every few days. I'm sure if I exercise those parts of my brain again then the touch will return.

tessa
05-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I was completely lost in the imagery. Incredible.

tessa :wave: