PDA

View Full Version : In the military objecting to the cause?

_ID_
05-27-2007, 07:38 PM
This thread is a response to a question asked in the Are you a Vet thread.
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482

Not a vet, or on active guard. Actually the closest thing I've been to in seeing any action is walking beside my cousin on a street in Karachi(who was around 40, I was 10) and him getting shot. I don't remember a lot after that, except that I ran as fast as I could before being picked up by someone who apparently knew my family and dropped me of home. I've never been able to hold a gun since. How you guys face(d) it is beyond me, all I can say is that you people have the courage I don't have.

On a side note, or rather a question, what happens when you're in the army, and object to the war? I'm not trying to bring out any political discussions, I'm just curious.

The answer to your question is we become a contentious objector.

Taking that stance will do a number of things to your status as an American solider. First you are removed from mobility status, and can not be deployed until that status is rescinded. Depending on when you decide to take this action, if it endangers other soldiers you can be deemed a threat to the mission, as well as safety to military assets. If you become a threat you can be killed.

There are social implications as well, but if you decided to make such a choice then the social implications would sort of be mute I think.

I once new a kid who took this stance, he did so because he was afraid of deploying to the middle east. After that threat was gone he rescinded his stance, and he was ostracized. We didn't give him the opportunity for further deployments. No need in risking a repeat of his actions.

nk_lion
05-27-2007, 08:28 PM
This thread is a response to a question asked in the Are you a Vet thread.
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482

There are social implications as well, but if you decided to make such a choice then the social implications would sort of be mute I think.

Thank you for the quick responce, and I'm glad that you moved this topic to the proper place.

What types of social implications do you mean?

Also, I'm pretty sure the army trains it's soldiers quite well, physically and phycologically, but there are the few who completely freak out once the first bullet passes them. How does the military deal with soldiers that are at a higher risk of not being able to perform at the job? Or if the soldier him/her self decides to quit.

_ID_
05-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Well basic training is pretty stressful, and is designed to weed out those that would crumble under stress. Though not perfect, it catches most. The others, either jail, or if they just freak out. Then they get deemed mentally unfit for duty and discharged.

As far as the social implications. I mean whatever friends you might have had, unless they are true friends rather than work mates. Your social circle would rapidly deteriorate.