PDA

View Full Version : Please review.

bdsmbill
01-26-2004, 09:47 AM
I was reading an earlier thread in which the absense of reviews was being noted, and I thought it was worth another go round. I am constantly surprised by how low a percentage of readers bother to review a story.

Let's see, on my stories I got 5 votes from 11,000 readers, 8 from 16,000, 5 from 5000, 3 from 4000, 9 from 19000, --- well, you get the idea.

If you look at the list of top reviewers, only eight this month are even in double digits, and by the time we get into the high teens, we are down to three or four.

On the other hand, I expect that I am "preaching to the choir" here, since the people active in these forums are also likely to be the ones active in other ways as well.

Anyway, what I am suggesting is that if you take the time to read a story, take the few extra seconds to review it.

Bill

e.e. norcod
01-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Actually that's pretty good. If the reviews demonstrated some insight into what you were writing about, even better.

Keep writing and keep reviewing, I think that the two go together.

Neopadinski
01-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that's what it says in my author profile, it encourages people to review. Actually, it begs people to review.