PDA

View Full Version : The stuff they don't show on CNN or Fox News

nk_lion
06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
With perhaps the exception of Saudi Arabia (that country has issues), the others aren't really that bad.

Proof - This still goes on there, granted the music isn't that great, but the girl is hot, and by the end, her body is glistening of sweat.

ww w.m etacafe.com/watch/610770/

Ozme52
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
bad link

copy and paste it yourself and see if you can bring it up taking out the space and the "extra" characters within 'meta'

Ocean_Soul
06-05-2007, 09:13 PM
You want to talk about what Fox news and CNN don't include?

The exclusion of details is so severe in Fox news that people like Bill O'Reilly actually make things up, to the point of making him to be one giant joke.

And CNN is now in the drama business, mainly trying to come up with clever twists to make Nancy Grace seem noble.

Must not get started, must not get started, must not get started.

bthest
06-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Why would CNN or Fox play a video of a random belly dancer? Is there something about her we should know? More details!

http://www.darchtimes.com/blog/oct2005/wafahdufour.jpg

However they did show this woman on CNN and Fox a while back.

With perhaps the exception of Saudi Arabia (that country has issues), the others aren't really that bad.

Quite a bit of them have issues I'd think.

nk_lion
06-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Err..I think I worded my post wrong, it wasn't meant to be a political discussion. I grew up in the Middle East, and I just wanted to convey a message that it isn't as segregated as media here in the west portrays it to be, and more importantly, let users see a nice traditional belly dance (although, watching it again, it wasn't done quite well). I went to a mixed school, it wasn't uncommon to see people of both sexes hanging around in the malls and other places, belly dances were a common occurance in a party (albeit not as provocatively dressed as in the video), etc.

Why would CNN or Fox play a video of a random belly dancer? Is there something about her we should know? More details!

Quite a bit of them have issues I'd think.

It's all perspective mate, I'm pretty sure a few of them have the same opinions of some western countries.

The exclusion of details is so severe in Fox news that people like Bill O'Reilly actually make things up, to the point of making him to be one giant joke.

And CNN is now in the drama business, mainly trying to come up with clever twists to make Nancy Grace seem noble.

I just watch BBC, those guys will tell everything, even if there is an employee strike in BBC!

tessa
06-06-2007, 08:21 AM

Nancy Grace "noble"...that's a spin for you.

Thanks for the witty comment, Ocean Soul. I've got a smile that will last all day because of it.

tessa :wave:

John56{vg}
07-03-2007, 04:54 PM
BBC is a great place to get news as is NPR here in the States.

I am afraid, as a journalist myself, most news organizations in the U.S. have become weak and biased. That makes me very sad. I want my country back!!

John

And don;t get me started about Fox Noise and Bill O'reilly's "facts".

_ID_
07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
When I was in turkey, we went and saw a belly dance in central turkey. When I was in Kuwait, many of the women were traditionally dressed, held jobs. When I was in Bahrain, most of the women wore the Burqa. I do know most of the countries over there still have arranged marriages. I also know that although some of the countries over there have freedom of religion. Better than 95% of their population is of the Islamic or Muslim faith, and anything that challenges that is seen as a threat to their way of life.

I also know that most of the violence over there is perpetuated by extremists of their religion. As a people, they are quite warm, I always found them to be very generous in their ways.

We have the same problem here in the grand US of A, with the KKK, the neo-cons, the ultra liberals, the militias. As well, we have very generous giving people willing to accept with open arms anyone who walks through our door.

I have found this to be true in every country I have been in.