PDA

View Full Version : Webcam Chat

Sadistic Master
06-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Hi All

Thank you for taking the time to read this posting, I would like to make a suggestion. while I am aware this is a very close knit community, I stumbled across another website that is a CAM CHAT SITE. You dont need to have a webcam to join this website but alot of people chat on cam, it has a huge following. I would like to propose that we make the chatroom webcam optional.

I hope you find my suggestion useful.

Thank you

Sadistic Master

Radiance
06-15-2007, 07:22 AM
I would love them to add a web cam chat here it would be fun ..can it be done?

MajesticFae
06-15-2007, 07:43 AM
I think that would be cool as long as you didn't have to have a webcam to access it. Or an option to turn it on and off.

But then I would be worried that if some of the members were masturbating or playing on cam with another person that they would only want certain people to see. I know if I was playing on cam, there's not many people I would be comfortable in seeing me.

So can we make it selective as to you can pick who views your webcam... maybe with check boxes by their names? Just a simple "Yes/No" function?

Also, can we maybe put a button at the bottom where it says "click to chat" that says something like "Not Registered?" or "Login/Register" because I know a lot of people don't read the chat rules (I didn't at first) and I didn't even really see the "login, register, etc" links at the top.

gagged_Louise
06-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Not sure of this, but wouldn't it risk clogging down the chat traffic if a (big?) number of people are feeding in live webcam images? Moving image feeds take much more bandwidth than sending text msgs, so it might cintribute to having the chat engine stocked, and with the tech problems we've had for some time it could be too heavy.

Other than that I'm kind of intrigued; I agree it's a good idea though as for myself I'd always want to control *who* was watching me.

Rhabbi
06-15-2007, 02:14 PM
This is actually the wrong place to as that anyway. sooner or later one of the mods is going to point out that the forums and caht are seperate. AC does not come here so he will never see this thread.

Radiance
06-15-2007, 02:34 PM
well maybe we could talk to AC...ggls

suchaminx
06-15-2007, 02:36 PM
guess the mods don't need to point it out now :)

However on a personal note - I wouldn't want a web cam - that is what YIM and MSN are for in my opinion

minxy x

Rabbit1
06-15-2007, 05:49 PM
your quite right Minxy -----I too am particular about who I chat with on web cam ----and MSN and Yahoo are great for that purpose ----if you meet someone in the regular chat room you can alway ask if they want to go to msn or yahoo and have a chat ---most you can do conference chats on so more that two people can get in if it is a group web cam chat you want

annie
06-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Well... since i'm a MOD in chat i will mention this to AC. However, i know that YIM and MSN work well for the purposes being discussed without bogging/lagging everything so, as Minxy and Rabbit suggested, that would be my current suggestion for a solution as well!

Master Rabbit
06-27-2007, 01:28 AM
hugs

isabeau6
07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
your quite right Minxy -----I too am particular about who I chat with on web cam ----and MSN and Yahoo are great for that purpose ----if you meet someone in the regular chat room you can alway ask if they want to go to msn or yahoo and have a chat ---most you can do conference chats on so more that two people can get in if it is a group web cam chat you want

i am also....and i only talk to Rabbit on webcam...i can trust him not to exploit my image in any way shape or form....it pays to be choosy...

tessa
07-13-2007, 06:58 PM
:wave: