To bridle and check
To break, with trust

Draw reins and command
To guide and steer
Lead through the darkness
Quelling all fear

Rhabbi
07-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Very nice. You seem to be getting better.

tessa
07-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I want to crawl into this poem and just be.

tessa

thrall
07-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Im glad you like it tessa.......

thanks thrall

Warbaby1943
07-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Another good one. Where are the reins?

TG
07-10-2007, 02:42 PM
When I was a kid my first job was on a ranch in Colorado breaking horses. There were 2 of us; one guy, John, with gentle hands, got the new 2yr. olds; I got the yahoos that had developed bad habits like biting people or kicking them.

There was one horse I never broke. He always won against people. He would just wait and wait and wait until you made a mistake, and then he nailed you. He became
.......glue for his victories over people.

And then there were the horses we broke, and the partnerships, some rocky, some trusting.

But the dangers never left. My favorite was a fat old Morgan mare who felt like a Lazy Boy recliner when she was ridden bare back. Like all Morgans, the cutest face in the world. Her name was Pixie, and she had a face to match. Slow as all hell. But she would run through fire if you asked her.

One day we were riding across a talus slide at the edge of a cliff, and she started to slip on the talus. Her rear legs went over the edge of the cliff. I grabbed a stirrup and pulled. Ending up lying on the talus, pulling, feet every so often going over the edge. She didn't understand I was trying to help her. She clobbered me a few times with her hoofs as she tried to pull herself back up off the cliff and I lay on the talus pulling at the stirrup. Two other men who loved her raced down to grab something and pull. All four of us pulling and sliding at the edge of that cliff.

And we pulled her up. Everybody loved that horses, and nobody was going to stand around and watch her die, if we could do anything. Even if it was dangerous. We all loved that brave old girl.

thrall, you're wrong about quelling the fear. You cannot quell the fear. It is ever present. What you can have are people united to share it with.

thrall
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi TG

Since you asked me to let you know how you did with the interruption of Draw Reins, I can’t exactly say no, can I…lol I’m just happy that you like it.

First I’d like to say, that as this is a poem, it up to the individual to see and feel how the words and images move them. There is no right or wrong answer.

The words “draw reins” for you have brought back memories of your childhood and working with horses. Yes, that is a good correlation, seeing how that phrase “draw reins” is usually associated in the equestrian area. So, in essence, you are not wrong in you interruption.

You come closet to the mark with the statement “And than there were the horses we broke, and the partnerships, some rocky, some trusting.”

The poem is not about horses; this is about a D/s relationship. Think about this now, TG. Is this not, exactly what a Dom will do? Take a submissive in hand, take control and command and guide them through?

There is always fear, the fear of not being broken, the fear of being broken, the fear of the unknown.

That’s where the quelling comes in. Having someone draw reins and take control, to calm the fears.

This is about surrendering, excepting control, and allowing someone to guide you, even though you have fear. It’s about trusting someone enough to let go. This is about submitting your will, to someone else.

Love Thrall

Whippett
02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
yes :D