PDA

View Full Version : Carmona

TG
07-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey John56,
Did you hear the latest, Carmona, the ex Surgeon General.
Saids the Bush gang clamped down on anything that disagreed with political doctrine, such as the effectualness of abstinence programs to fight teenage pregnancies. He said it was "bad medicine for the country when politics replaces good medicine."

It mirrors what the ex chief of the EPA said. A 30 yr. veteran of public service, he said the Bush administration was the worst in his memory for interfering with the scientist on his staff for political reasons. In his case, it was gagging government scientist who produced research supporting global warming.

I think this touches on something alluded to by Ocean_Soul, the gullibility of the American public in believing in him for the first 6 yrs.

Personally, I've been ready to throw up for the past 6 1/2 yrs.

PS. Unfortunately, the Clinton administration was also criticized for interfering with the advocacy of good medicine for the sake of politics.

Rhabbi
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
John, you are still missing it. The people in charge do this all the time. Sir Winston Churchill once said:
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. Bush has done a lot of things wrong, and all we can do is watch and make sure they get fixed.

nk_lion
07-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Rhabbi hit the nail with that one. If the government is currupt, or going down the wrong road, then in a true democracy, the citizens should rise up and challenge your government under the law.

TG
07-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Rhabbi,
I don't know if Bush has done things wrong. I think he did exactly what he wanted to do. You can say Bush did things that were wrong for the country.

The tax breaks given the rich and corporates loosed from restraints were his goals, and he achieved them. They weren't good for the country, but they were good for the people Bush served.

The difference is that for the 1st. 6 yrs. the people were gullible and he got away with it. Now he is exposed, and is having difficulty governing.

Ocean_Soul
07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I like to state, for the record, that the gullibility of the American public isn’t really a position I hold.

:)

Second, I think calling the US a democracy is a bit of a stretch.

TG
07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I apologized to Ocean_Soul in the Libby thread.

And now that I've apologized, I'd like to say, in reference to your second comment: Ocean_Soul, you've got some sense of humor. I love it.