PDA

View Full Version : "Gone"

Hawke
02-17-2004, 07:05 PM
For "Gone", I want as much input as physically possible. So please, if you've read the story, write a quick little remark about it. I'd appreciate it.

-hawke

PS-"Gone" is the story with Molly and Jenna and the auction.

boccaccio2000g
02-17-2004, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hawke
[B]For "Gone", I want as much input as physically possible.

Here's hoping that you receive more than four "Gone" conclusions.

;-)

GB

Spitman
02-18-2004, 01:43 AM
You seem to have had six rather detailed reviews and they are all very consistent.

What further questions do you have that you are hoping for a reviewer to answer?

In the end, it is your story. You own it, and where you go with it is your decision.

Hawke
02-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Yes, I know I've had six reviews and have taken every one into consideration. But you see, my objective in writing is not to get as many readers as possible, or to get all 10s in reviews. Essentially, I want to write a story that people will enjoy. The only way I can do that is with lots and lots of reader input. When you have thousands of readers and six reviews, you're getting the input of six people. Did those other thousands of people love the story? Hate it? Or furthermore, what did you, boccaccio2000g and Spitman think of it? Really. I just want a little comment about the story. I already have the rest of it planned out, I know how it'll end, and everything, but I'd like to know if there's one particular aspect that people tend to like/dislike.

Spitman
02-18-2004, 03:38 PM
I think we all have to accept that among the thousands of readers out there, particular kinds of story click with different groups. There are rare cases of stories that cross boundaries, because of their ideas, or the way they are presented. We cannot expect everybody to like what we write. If a few are complimentary, you have done well.

Stories that particularly appeal to me are usually consensual, sympathetic towards the female role and unmistakeably fantasy. The more it sounds like something that could really have happened, as a rule, the less I like it, unless it is entirely consensual and described exceptionally well.

I did read your story 'Gone' and I can't honestly say that anything in it seemed at all erotic to me. It read too much like a factual account, and there was too little of the kind of descriptive detail that might have stimulated my overworked erotic imagination. It seemed to be too much about the enjoyment of the intruders, and not enough about the pleasure of the girls, so it failed to connect with that part of my brain that relates to pleasure.

However, you did ask!

Hawke
02-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Yes, I did ask. And thank you! That's precisely what I want. I'm not offended or anything, because I can relate. If I said I didn't like...oh...beastiality, for example, I wouldn't want someone getting all ticked off at me, because it's out of my control. With Spitman, I can tweak my story, maybe just a little bit, to something he might perhaps enjoy a slight amount. Maybe it will do nothing. Essentially, I want everything TO be said about my story to actually BE SAID. Needless to say, that's kind of impossible, for everything to be said. But I want as much information as possible.
For example, when Spitman said it read too much like a factual account, that tells me that I have achieved a level of realism that gives the story an atmosphere of full truth, rather than any of the story's elements stretching the limits of possibilities. That is what I strive for. I remember a thread fairly recently that had to do with "stories that make you cringe in disbelief". This thread noted flaws in a story otherwise realistic, i.e. the story was supposed to be real but some of its content was just impossible to believe. My goal is to get every detail of the story across without the reader questioning its possibility of happening.

I hope what I wrote made sense. I'm kinda tired at the moment, so you never know...

PS-Thank you, Spitman, for your input about the story.