PDA

View Full Version : Poly; more than one...

vampbutterfly13
07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
What are everyone's thoughts and/or experiances with poly partnerships?

moptop
07-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Experience - none. Thoughts - if everyone is happy and feels loved - that's great.

Rhabbi
07-16-2007, 02:10 PM
They take more work than a monogamous one, but are just even more rewarding. I am currently in a poly relationship and have found that it is more work, but that I can rely on different people for different things. This makes it easier as i do not always have to carry the load by myself, but I sometimes have to smooth feathers that would not exist in a traditional relationship.

Warbaby1943
07-16-2007, 02:19 PM
It may appear as a happy relationship to the outside world but I believe it will always have its internal jealousies. Whether it is one Dom/me with multiple subs or one sub with multiple Doms/mes I can't see it happening without serious jealousies occurring.

~hellish one~
07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Mishka started a thread about polyamory not too long ago...you can find it HERE. (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9498)

Sir_Russell
07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I hate to disagree with you WB but I lived in one for about 3 years. 2 subs ladies and me. There can be trouble and issues but hell one on one has trouble and issues. The girls really loved each other and me.

I do agree though that it is rare that it works well long term. I found one of the ladies a man trained him to be a Dom and gave her away at the wedding. The other I had children with.

Warbaby1943
07-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I hate to disagree with you WB but I lived in one for about 3 years. 2 subs ladies and me. There can be trouble and issues but hell one on one has trouble and issues. The girls really loved each other and me.

I do agree though that it is rare that it works well long term. I found one of the ladies a man trained him to be a Dom and gave her away at the wedding. The other I had children with.No problem with disagreeing Sir_Russell that is what it is all about in this world. It is just my opinion but how I know I would react and how those I know, in vanilla life, would react to a poly relationship.

Sir_Russell
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
WB I guess I never gave a damn about how others view the way I live or lived my life.

Shame that others can't accept an opposing view point with the same grace as you do.

MitchC
07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
This may be a bit off the topic, but it is on the same subject. My favorite TV show is the HBO show "Big Love" You may have seen it. Bill Paxton plays a Mormon Poly with three wives. All seem happy and content. It seems the same situation here. If all parties in the poly relationship, sexual or otherwise, are agreeable, and happy, I think it is fine.

Mitch

Sir_Russell
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
MitchC in mine we shared the same oversized kingbed, made love mostly by 3s with some sessions where it was hard to figure out where any one of s started or ended. I would not trade the experience for anything but I doubt that could physically handle it now.

Ozme52
07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
It may appear as a happy relationship to the outside world but I believe it will always have its internal jealousies. Whether it is one Dom/me with multiple subs or one sub with multiple Doms/mes I can't see it happening without serious jealousies occurring.

That depends on the people. Some people can operate on a jealousy free basis. It depends more on self esteem than anything else. (IMO)

[One of the reasons I prefer self-confident subs over humiliated subs.]

TomOfSweden
07-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Been there, done that but didn't get the T-shirt. It seems like the kind of girls I like, are not girls who are easy to manage. It may simply be that I'm not enough of a man to handle several chicks at once. Self-realisation is good but can be painful. Jealousy and self-esteem has never been a problem for me. Only the communication, ie Venus/Mars dilemma.

Good luck with it all the same. There's plenty of people for whom it works great.