PDA

View Full Version : Where are the e-mails?

Lord Douche
02-18-2004, 03:58 AM
What happened to the e-mail notifications that used to fly around here? Not only did I not get any e-mails about the 6 reviews for my short story, I haven't got a single e-mail for nearly a week about any of the threads I've "subscribed" to, and there's been a few replies! :confused:
Is something broken here, or is it just me? :(
LD

Spitman
02-18-2004, 04:14 AM
I've been getting the email notifications when a story is put up, and also on reviews. I think this system works better with some kinds of email address than others. Maybe you could try a different kind of email address. Also you could look at your anti-spam settings, because some systems filter out emails containing a link.

Lord Douche
02-18-2004, 04:25 AM
Typical, that I suddenly recieve an e-mail saying that someone has replied to this thread. :mad:
Still doesn't explain my lack of e-mails for the story reviews though. :confused:
LD

BDSM_Tourguide
02-18-2004, 04:55 AM
... but quite a few of them kick what that particular provider might consider to be junk mail into your junk mail folder automatically. Very likely, that is what happened to your emails.

Hotmail does it, nearly without fail unless you tell it not to. I get all my emails from here through hotmail with no problems. Although, I kinda get cranky cause I don't have any review emails to read.

Yahoo sorts bulk (junk) mail in a random and sporadic fashion that is without any rhyme or reason. FF uses Yahoo for her BDSM Library email and about half the BDSM Library posts go directly to her bulk folder while the other half go to her inbox. Don't ask us why, we still haven't figured it out. Yahoo also frequently classifies e-cards, fantasy football trades and draft info and emails from people using POP3 based email addresses (@msn, @telus, @aol, etc.) as bulk mail, too.

slavelucy
02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Lord Douche
What happened to the e-mail notifications that used to fly around here? Not only did I not get any e-mails about the 6 reviews for my short story, I haven't got a single e-mail for nearly a week about any of the threads I've "subscribed" to, and there's been a few replies! :confused:
Is something broken here, or is it just me? :(
LD

No, it's not just you LD, i have recently started getting them VERY sporadically as well (well, in terms of responses to threads i have posted on, i have no idea about the reviews side of things).

lucy x

Lord Douche
02-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, I got an e-mail about this thread, the Onomatowatsit thread, and the Favourite Posters, but the Chatroom missed out. Glad to hear I'm not the only one :)
And I've had hotmail set up since I came here to automatically move all e-mails from the Library to a folder, so they're not being eaten by any filters :)

Lord Douche
02-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Well, I got an e-mail saying I've had a new review today! Has Jinn been discretely fixing things, or is this just a coincidence? :D