PDA

View Full Version : help with my stories

rbthibo
07-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone, :wave:

This is rbthibo

I’ve posted several series on the BDSM Library site. From several comments that have been made in the reviews it seems that I need someone out there to help me do some proof reading and editing on the stories.

Also it seems that I miss spell simple words. I admit that I am a poor speller I do run a spell checker that comes wit MicroSoft Word 2000 and MicroSoft Bookshelf 2000 on my stories be fore posting them.

Question? Is there two versions of correct English spelling (ie: center vs centre or color vs Colour?

MajesticFae
07-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Help with stories should probably be posted in the Author's Garret section. =)

But I don't think it matters in english. I alternate color and colour, although color is more widely accepted in the US.

cariad
07-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Hello rbthibo and welcome to forums.

There is a goodly handful of words which have different spellings depending on which site of the Atlantic you live. As Majestic has said, you would be best advised to post your request for help in the Author's Garret, and you might like to think about joining the Writers' Block which will help you to develop your writing skills.

cariad

rbthibo
07-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks Cariad,

I think that expalins why some reviewers seem to find so many spelling mistakes in my stories even though I run a spell checker on them.

rbthibo

rbthibo
07-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Majesticfae,

I guess the fokes across the pond forgot how to spell English properly. Unlike us Yanks.

rbthibo

angelic.zest
07-17-2007, 08:20 AM
hello and welcome to the community!

Rhabbi
07-17-2007, 11:17 AM
:hihi: Hello and :welcome: to the forums rbthibo. :wave:

nk_lion
07-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey, welcome

And Canadians spell like the British do, we use u's.

~hellish one~
07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
silly Canucks! ~grins~
(oh hey! a u! lol!)

meanmaster
07-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I tried to find your stories, so I searched by author and didn't find any. However, a few general comments.
Spell checker works fine except that it can't find words that are spelled correctly but are the wrong word, for example except and accept, which and witch, there are many examples. There is no software that can work better than simply knowing grammer and spelling.
An author works with words, just as a carpenter works with wood and tools. It is part of the work of being an author to learn grammer and spelling.
There is also British spelling and American spelling. Centre is British ( I know the Canadians spell that way too, so do Australians.) Either is acceptable, but if you shouldn't mix the two types of spelling. Arse, for example is a
British spelling. American is ass.
Writing is a craft learned through hard work, it isn't just cool ideas, it is making those ideas available to your readers. Proof reading is just a way to make sure that you aren't making a stupid mistake, like writing too instead of to or two.

Meanmaster

gagged_Louise
07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi and welcome rbthibo, happy to see u here. Can't add much on the spelling varieties thing, except pointing out that this forum has a large crowd of people who weren't born to the English language but are using it anyway (points to herself) and to us color/colour or the different meanings of pants in Brit and American English isn't much of an issue. We try to keep in tune.

Hope you'll like it here and stay a long time.

:wave:

Sir_Russell
07-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Greetings and welcome. You should write and learn at the same time. I was a horrible speller so I bought and filled out a lot of crossword puzzles, study the sounds certain letters and groups of letters make. As far as the U goes remember if it is correct in other places then it ads flavor and accent to your writing.

Pertez
07-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Welcome :wave:

rbthibo
07-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Zesty

Thanks for the welcome

rbthibo

rbthibo
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
NK Lion

The frostbitten Canadians should thaw out an learn how to spell from the Yanks.

rbthibo

rbthibo
07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Meanmaster

Try R.B. Thibo

or the titles

Kidnapped Debutant
Mall of Torture
Salvage Ship Scorpion The
Subjection of Mom and Sis, The (Chapters 1-5)

I am getting ready to post more of the Subjection of Mom and Sis, The. If you or anyone else out there would be willing to help me out with my poor writing skills before posting I would appreciate it.

rbthibo

annie
07-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the forums.... hope your questions get answered!

suchaminx
07-23-2007, 12:26 AM
~smiles~

Hello and welcome, have fun and guess you will never please everyone with the correct spelling of colour, favouite or neighbour - simple rule - just remember the 'u's ~giggling~ *looks at all her friends across the pond and sends a boat load of English dictionary's*

minxy

Flaming_Redhead
07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
:welcomebo