PDA

View Full Version : An Unexpected Turn of Events

Dorkalicious
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Hmm, so how do I start this off?

How about: I met Requiem a week or two ago (I really can't remember, because my life has been crazy since I moved back home from Pittsburgh, lol). He is a wonderful guy, very caring, great personality, not to mention hot as hell ;) We hit it off the first time we met in the mall about 30 minutes from my house (at least the way I drive it is.....hehehe) -- He drove about 4 hrs to meet me, btw. That weekend was fabulous. We hung out, got to know eachother, spent one whole night awake together and tried to watch the sunrise which turned out to be hidden by a bunch of trees (damn you nature!!! lol). Sadly, he had to leave and go back home.

Wellll, the other night he told me that there was a get together with him and a bunch of friends over the weekend that he would like me to attend, problem being -- I had to work a whole whopping three ( :mad: ) hours!!!! I took 5 minutes to ponder over what I wanted to do, and decided "What the hell, may as well live life, right?!" And essentially hopped in my car with directions to his house, lol!

This weekend was amazing. We've decided to try a relationship together. The distance won't help, but I really think we will be fine. I got slightly emotional last night, because this whole thing has been slightly overwhelming -- But in a very good way. I am very happy right now. If he has anything to add, I'm sure he will. What I have typed here is very vague considering the events that have occured :D

MitchC
07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
This is great news, Dorkalicious. Congratulations to you both.. I know that distance can be a challenge in a relationship, but I'm a believer that if two people want to be together, that can be overcome.

Good Luck,
Mitch

moptop
07-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I agree, distance doesn't have to be a drawback. I am very happy for you both, D'liscious - but do remember to talk and take it easy. I know I'm suffering from the effects of initial over-enthusiasm right now - if you are meant to be together, taking your time will only make things better.

MrDom
07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Congrats Dorkalicious May the night watch over you too.

MrDom

Dorkalicious
07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I agree, distance doesn't have to be a drawback. I am very happy for you both, D'liscious - but do remember to talk and take it easy. I know I'm suffering from the effects of initial over-enthusiasm right now - if you are meant to be together, taking your time will only make things better.

Oh yes, I know. I think we both agree that taking it slow and communication are key elements to make this work. We shall see what happens...

Thank you all for the wishes :)

Rhabbi
07-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Congratulations Dorkaliscious.

nk_lion
07-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Congrats, don't worry to much about the long distance part, and I hope you two have a great relationship

John56{vg}
07-16-2007, 03:06 PM
D'lish,

I am extremely happy for you AND Requiem. You are a wonderful young woman (And YOU are Hot as hell) and you deserve that happiness, enjoy it.

nightsilver
07-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Congrats to the two of you. All in all, four hours isn't too terribly bad. Good luck and have fun. ^_^

Clevernick
07-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Well done, both of you!

Congrats D'lish!

Sir_Russell
07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Congrats

jeanne
07-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Congratulations to you both - enjoy getting to know each other (and yourselves) better!

Alex Bragi
07-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I love reading about things like this.

Happiness, yes, grab every bit of it you can. :)

John56{vg}
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Dorkalicious,

Again good luck and wonderful thing

margaret
07-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Congratulations!

Requiem
07-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Thank you all for the congratulations :D. Meeting D'lish was the best risk/shot in the dark I've ever taken. She's summed up the last two weeks about as well as I could, for the most part they involved lots and lots of us sitting around and just talking. Sometimes about specific topics, other times wild tangents. Not only did our personalities click right off the bat but we both found out how similar and alike we are in more ways than one. I find it ironic how I've only really known her for a few weeks now, yet it seems like a lot longer. I've never met someone quite like her ever before in my life, I'm just thrilled to finally know I'm not completely crazy:icon176:

Oh and what time we didn't spend talking we spent throwing $1 worth of hotdog buns out of my car windows to feed the seagulls in the parking lot :P....a $1 has never been so amusing :D

MajesticFae
07-16-2007, 10:33 PM
How awesome for you both loves!! Yay for D'lish and Requiem!

*gives you both cupcakes*

Requiem
07-16-2007, 10:39 PM
OoOoOoOoO cupcake!!!!

<begins to consume the sweet sweet pastry like a mouse>

....ok so secretly I'm a bit of a dork too.....crap....guess it's no secret anymore...

<finishes consuming the sweet sweet tasty pastry>

Ozme52
07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I think this is great.

Take your time and let the relationship build.

If it lights up too fast it can also burn out too fast.

cariad
07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Ohhhhhh, love happy stories!

*gives a few happy bounces*

Hugs and congratulations and the best of wishes for the future to both of you.

cariad

Pertez
07-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Congratulations to the Both of you :gl

lizeskimo
07-17-2007, 12:57 AM
What excellent news!! Congratulations to you both and i wish you all the very best for the future.

angelic.zest
07-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Congrats to you both!!!! I love reading and hearing about things like this and i hope you both enjoy eachother time and friendship and it grows to something healty and strong!!!!! Yayayayay!!! :rose: :bdsmsmile: like night said 4hrs isnt to bad :)

blossom
07-17-2007, 07:04 AM
x :) congratulations :) x

its great news. i hope u enjoy with all ur heart this new relationship u have so luckly found.

i wish u and Requiem all the luck and happyness in the world.

best wishes
luv blossom
x

tessa
07-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Ah, the joys of a new relationship! How wonderful of you both to share with us. Yes, indeed, find the fun and live it, but also take your time, discover what it is to be.

Congratulations and all the best to you! ~hugs~

tessa :wave:

Dorkalicious
07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh my, how did I miss the cupcake? *Downs it in one bite*.....*gulp*....Yum!

:D

Thank you all for the support! hehe

suchaminx
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
smiles - what a wonderful thread to read :)

Congratulations to you both and I wish you all the happiness in the world

love and hugs

minxy xx

_ID_
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
congrats to the two of you!!! distance can be difficult, be paitent, and it can work. Also remember that each is still living a seperate life, so if your schedules to align all the time, try not to get wound around the axle about it. Just relax it will work its self out.

And remember, HAVE FUN!

innocentsub
07-17-2007, 06:18 PM
neato keano....that is so nice to read...i'm glad for you both..although i don't know you at all, being new..i love to read about this stuff..good luck and keep us posted...:wave:

pixie_dust
07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
So happy for both of you!!! Best of luck.

*warm hugs*

Can's Peaches
07-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Congrats to you both. Long distance can be difficult but it can and does work out. Four hours is not that bad.

Dorkalicious
07-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Aww, you guys are really great!

I'm just going to take deep breaths and take it as it comes to me. Last night I had some anxiety, but I think everything will be fine. If anyone has any ideas for long distance relationships, all is welcome. We both understand that communication is the big one. :) But I am sure that some of you have figured out ways to make it slightly easier. He and I have already been brainstorming, lol.

Logic1
07-22-2007, 06:22 AM
ooh
I go away for a bit and lovely things like this happens.
Congratulations to you both!
Happiness cant be enjoyed in too big doses so make sure you 2 enjoy it fully :)

cbtboyuk
07-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Hurray! How wonderful - i'm hoping it's all going well.

My Master and i still live in different cities - for various reasons external to the relationship itself - but it's been wonderful for seven years and we civil partnership'd last July - so it can be done! Yay!

The distance is only a problem if you allow it to be....it can act as a lense to magnify otherwise insignificant problems. the best thign to do there is as you say communicate. Get on the phone asap and talk about it while it's a tiny niggle.

Also the truth is you might have sacrifice something for the relatiomship. When we first met, i played rugby every weekend, and for the first season He was wonderful - came to the matches and generally was a supportive rugby widow. But as we only got to see each other at weekends, i realised as things got serious i was going to have to choose, and it wasn't going to be rugby. Shame but worth it for the love of one's life! :D

Besides, i needed to spend more time at His feet!

Dorkalicious
07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Under your spell again
I can't say no to you
crave my heart and its bleeding in your hand
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly
now I can't let go of this dream
I can't breathe but I feel

Good enough
I feel good enough for you

Drink up sweet decadence
I can't say no to you
and I've completely lost myself and I don't mind
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you conquer me completely
now I can't let go of this dream
can't believe that I feel

Good enough
I feel good enough
its been such a long time coming, but I feel good

and I'm still waiting for the rain to fall
pour real life down on me
cause I can't hold on to anything this good
enough
am I good enough
for you to love me too?

so take care what you ask of me
cause I can't say no
Evanescence - Good Enough

I just thought it was pretty amazing how fitting this song is... :)

(Edit)
Just for the record, not ALL of it applies. Most of it does though.
(/Edit)