PDA

View Full Version : Airport Security

kittenfemme
02-19-2004, 07:07 AM
I'm planning to fly within the USA tomorrow and am a little worried. Does anyone have experience with the latest security restrictions while wearing a locked, heavy, metal collar? I called the airline and asked if I should expect any problems, describing it as a metal choker collar of sorts and was told not to expect much, but I'm still a bit worried. I'll have a key to take with me but I don't want to take it off at all! :( Experiences and advice would be appreciated.

red~vixen
02-19-2004, 06:23 PM
The last time I flew within the US, which was July of last year, I didn't experience any problems. Of course, I live in Alabama, so that's not saying much. And if you tell anyone that, I may have to kill you.

Before going through the metal detector, you have to take of all of your jewelry and put it in a plastic bin. I would just explain that you cannot take off the collar. When you go through the metal detector, it may beep, but they have the wand that they move up an down to pick out the actual place the metal is. Once they realize that it's just your collar, I don't think there will be any problems.

Of course, that is just my experience, it may be different for you where you live. The only thing I can say is take the key with you, just in case, but try to convince them that you can't take it off. Worse comes to worse, remove the collar. It will only be for a minute or so.

Good luck!

WANDA's_toy
02-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi kittenfemme!

Let us know how it went, it would be interesting to hear what happened...
;-)

ladyB
02-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Due to my travelling for the job I've gone from New Zealand to LA to Houston, and more problems in New Zealand than I did in LA. But, coming back, I had to take off all the rings on my fingers and the metal detector was still going off from the underwire in my bra!! And in Hong Kong from the zippers on my boots! So, normally, if you smile and are nice to the people and co-operative you're okay. Another tip, don't carry any toys in carry on. I've had my carry on searched pretty much everytime I get on a plane. And when I left South Africa in 2002 to go to New Orleans via Washington all of my luggage was searched at the airport in the check in line, not behind a screen like in US!! So thankfully I'm quite good at hiding things in the pockets of my oversized duffel bags, so they didn't find anything too bad. However the guy who found a dildo went bright red!! It was really hilarious, I said to him, "a girl's gotta do...what a girl's gotta do"

LadyB

slavelucy
02-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ladyB
However the guy who found a dildo went bright red!! It was really hilarious, I said to him, "a girl's gotta do...what a girl's gotta do"
LadyB

LOL! What an ace line ladyB, nice one!

sl

kittenfemme
02-24-2004, 07:33 PM
I respectfully beg to differ Lady B! I always have my toys in carry-on. I couldn't live without my harness and dildos so I refuse to pack them in checked luggage. I've only once had security personnel question me about them, and I left him blushing so red I thought he'd spontaneously combust. :D

As for my trip, security was uneventful. I took red~vixen's advice, smiled when walking through the metal detector, held up the collar around my neck (as best I could considering it's... well... around my neck), politely informed those of interest that I couldn't easily remove the collar, and asked if they would please use metal detecting wands instead. I was even frisked by a very cute butch girl, but that was due to the under-wire bra I wore... or so she said. ;) Perhaps I should have asked her number.

red~vixen
02-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Well, at least you got a cheap thrill out of it if nothing else. I'm glad it went well for you.