PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Countdown of Doom...

Clevernick
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm lucky enough to be in London, but not so lucky as to have an invite to the Museum of Natural History where J K Rowling is reading from the final book before its launch.

So I'm joining the hoipolloi over at Waterstone's Piccadilly where they have been queueing for over 2 days now, waiting for the book to launch.

The last ever Harry Potter book launch at Waterstones Piccadilly is set to be an amazing night as characters from the book are on hand to share the magic and live entertainment will keep the muggles happy all evening. Fans that queue up for the midnight opening of the store will be part of this unforgettable Harry Potter party. Hagrid, Dumbledore, and Professors McGonagall and Snape will be entertaining those in the queue and will be joined by fellow wizards, moving enchanted gargoyles, face painters and strange mythical creatures – to name but a few.

The extravaganza kicks off at 9.00pm but fans may want to get there early for the opportunity to win many prizes and take part in some magical games. With plenty of excitement instore for both kids and adults, the last Harry Potter party at Waterstones Piccadilly is destined to be the biggest and the best so far.

I hope to see someone I know there! I will look like this:

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10913

At 12:01 the doors to the store will open, and people will begin entering to buy their copies. At about the point where this gets boring, I'll leave the queue and head over to Waterstone's Kensington, where I actually have a reserved copy waiting. No party there, I hear, but they'll be open from midnight until all the advanced copies have been sold.

That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it! And I won't be emerging again until the book is finished!

Rhabbi
07-20-2007, 12:18 PM
If you see me there, say hi. But I will probably stay home because I already read the book. Anyone want to know who dies?

Slave Kitty Sivesh
07-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I've been eagerly anticipating the last book... since the day after the 6th book came out lol Can't wait til it's in my hands =D

angelic.zest
07-20-2007, 04:28 PM
i know im goign to be burned alive but im jsut starting to read the first book, so i have alot to catch up on...and so far is VEry interesting only on page 10 lol..but im really into it...my friends and i have started a small book club and we are going to read from one to whatever book number this is lol.. but i really would like to go see the movie or just rent them on netflicks

Slave Kitty Sivesh
07-20-2007, 05:38 PM
I think you'll enjoy them, I was very skeptical when it first came out, I wanted nothing to do with them... and now, I'm a total addict :) I Love the movies, but I think the books are so so much better. Hope you enjoy them!

GaelstormIRA
07-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I hate to say this, but so am I. I got infected by them, got my brother hooked, then my mother, now my brother got his SO hooked as well, and my mums working on my father.

Clevernick
07-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Got the book!

In the lineup I saw mostly young women. Some were dressed as broomsticks, Harry, assorted witches, Mad-eye Moody, and even Hogwarts itself.

On two occasions I passed young ladies offering "free hugs". In one case it was a cluster-hug.

On one occasion I stopped to have a theoretical conversation on Snape's homosexual longings for James Potter with some university girls from around here, all of whom were wearing drawn-on round spectacles, but one had radish earrings (Luna Lovegood), and another had a carefully drawn death-eater tattoo.

I saw a CNN newscaster (who looked awfully young!) trying for a good 20 minutes to record a 1 minute segment on the excitement and chaos. She kept screwing up her memorized lines (no teleprompter in the street) and having to read them over and start again. Her lines were all in Spanish (CNN Espanol) but everytime she screwed up she would switch to English to chat with the camera crew.

She was lying in the report, too -- she claimed it was "meno de un hora" until the release, but it was only 10:30 at the time. I assume they planned to release the taped report a bit later on.

Anyway, I have the book. As a bonus for showing up tonight, I got a free copy of "A Guide to Wizards of the World".

Now I will be reading on my balcony until it's done. Don't tell me the ending, please.

:)

GaelstormIRA
07-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Got to say I will be in line tonight for it at 12:01am, and some of my friends with children plan on being their too. Yikes I hate huge crowds.

~hellish one~
07-20-2007, 07:59 PM
**ATTENTION - Any Spoilers Posted About The Last Book Will Immediately Be Deleted And The Person Responsible Will Be Tar and Feathered And Then Whipped Without Mercy Until Everyone In The World Has Finished Reading The 7th Book!

~sweet smile~ In Other Words...DON'T DO IT!! IT'S RUDE!

Ozme52
07-20-2007, 10:09 PM
If you see me there, say hi. But I will probably stay home because I already read the book. Anyone want to know who dies?

Amazing... hours before the release and you've finished it already... Don't go spoiling it for those of us who read slow. :dont:

thrall
07-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Im with you both, Oz and Hellish one............

Thrall

Can's Peaches
07-21-2007, 07:18 AM
I have to agree, please don't spoil the book for everyone. I am getting ready to go across the street and pick up my pre-ordered book. The books are great and very addictive. I went and saw the 5th movie on the day it was released here and I have the first 4 on DVD and have watched them more than once. My nephew got me started on them, I got my mom started on them and then my sister. Master is hopeless though, lol.

P.S. Can you believe my Master threatened to only allow me to read one chapter a day. I bought cried. lol

~hellish one~
07-21-2007, 08:27 AM
P.S. Can you believe my Master threatened to only allow me to read one chapter a day. I bought cried. lol

omggggggggg! not nice!!!! i would have cried too!! lol

nightsilver
07-21-2007, 09:32 AM
So since I do not plan on reading book seven that would mean the person who spoils it woul be getting whipped for a very long time...

Clevernick
07-21-2007, 12:19 PM
So since I do not plan on reading book seven that would mean the person who spoils it who be getting whipped for a very long time...

If you don't plan on reading it, how can you have it "spoiled"?

The person who, ten years in the future, happens to mention the ending in a cocktail party conversation as part of a review of religious imagery in literature would suddenly find themselves in your dungeon...?

When does spoiling it for you end and you spoiling conversation for others begin?

moptop
07-21-2007, 12:45 PM
No, no, Clevernick - you did not show yourself clever there! hellish said whoever spoiled it would get whipped until everyone in the world had finished reading it - nightsilver was saying he/she (sorry havn't checked) is never going to read it - so spoiler will be whipped FOREVER.

nk_lion
07-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Screw the spoiler warning. I'm not afraid of you Hellish_One.

Book 7 Ending
Voldermort and Harry realise their feelings for each other, and decide to get together. Ginny, with a fit of rage becomes furious at Harry for dumping her for some 70 year old dude. She kidnaps him, ties him up and whips him all over. Realising she likes the feeling of whipping people, she puts out an ad on the wizard newspaper, The Daily Prophet', about a dominatrix service. It becomes increadibly successful, and the title of the book comes from the name of her company....Ginny's Deathly Hallows.

But seriously though, this is not a children's book. It is wayy darker then the previous ones, plus I was quite surprised with the words bitch, bastard and arse being used (Fit the story, but considering it started of as a children's book...)

nightsilver
07-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Nk Lion, if that was how it ended (with more detail of course) I would probably pick it up and read it. ^_^

Clevernick
07-22-2007, 11:23 AM
I probably should mention that it's the nickname that's abnormally clever, not necessarily me.

I don't know if I can handle the pressure of needing to be clever in every post -- I can feel myself crumbling already....

I missed hellish's original pronouncement, so now I see that moptop's right - my question makes no sense.

My nick remains clever, but you can just call me "mudface".

:rolleyes:

No, no, Clevernick - you did not show yourself clever there! hellish said whoever spoiled it would get whipped until everyone in the world had finished reading it - nightsilver was saying he/she (sorry havn't checked) is never going to read it - so spoiler will be whipped FOREVER.