PDA

View Full Version : Wear do you get it?

tired.of.vanilla{DJ}
07-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Wear as in the stuff you WEAR...and of course where too. So as a sub tring to get my partner into this fun lifestyle..I have been tring to figure out where to get the equiptment needed? I am tired to cheap restraints that break the first time I really struggle. And I have nothing to be tied to.... Online is a mess...hundreds of salespages...but who can I trust? Who has stuff I won't break? Who do you trust? What should I get first to get my partner interested in strapping me down and whipping my tail? Also any books or tapes you recommend?

Ruby
07-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi ToV,

I've found a few sites I like and even signed up for my own online toy store. (It was free to do so.) It's been a pleasure to use the items and anyone can sign up to have their own store. Even if they aren't going to promote it. The savings on your own purchases are worth the time.
I like to buy toys for me and my pet. * wicked grin *

Want your partner to strap you down and whip your tail?
How about a set of velco restraints and a nice riding crop.
It may seem tame, but you haven't mentioned if your partner is into this kind of play or not.

As for books and tapes, I'm sure the members here can offer lots of suggestions. Perhaps they can hop over to that other thread and provide some updates (hint, hint) it's been awhile.

Enquiring minds want to know.

Welcome to the forums,

Ruby

~hellish one~
07-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Oy! this could get tricky!

Ok guys...quick reminder...links to commercial sites are not allowed. You can recommend toys/books/videos...etc, but any links posted will be removed. If you would like to suggest a site you can do it in PM or email.

thank you,
~hellish

pixie_dust
07-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Welcome ToV!

Just offering a subbie opinion on restraints... Sir and I have found that the local pet stores offer the best and most affordable products. Dog collars make wonderful wrist/ankle cuffs which work great. And, you can find leashes for attaching two or more dogs together which function well under the mattress for restraining.

As far as spanking tools... check out your local farm supply store. They have riding crops of all sizes and styles. Or, just go to your kitchen!!!

best of luck!

John56{vg}
07-21-2007, 03:06 PM
As for clamps, And I think I found it here in the forums. I have used Skirt Hangers for clamps a couple of times with great result.

tired.of.vanilla{DJ}
07-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Good ideas everyone. Sorry I didn't know the rules :dont: , I should be punished.... ;whip
Feel free to PM me with links! :)

Ruby
07-21-2007, 06:56 PM
My bad, too, ToV!

You've asked a great question and I hope members can keep coming up with answers and pms for you.

Ruby

Rabbit1
07-21-2007, 06:57 PM
you can click on the "Store" button at the top of the page and find just about any bdsm supply ---they are a sponsor so we can not post links to other sites suppling these things ---as our sponsors help keep this site free for all of us to use

cbtok
09-01-2007, 08:15 AM
How about a set of velco restraints and a nice riding crop.

I second the idea of a nice riding crop but either I am way too strong (doubt it) or they are way too weak. Velcro is not a great way to restrain someone unless you want that someone to be able to take back control of themselves whenever they wish.

There are lots of very reputable suppliers of BDSM goods. For cuffs, I recommend the soft leather kind with a good buckle. You want soft leather because you don't want the cuffs to abrade the skin. Going out to dinner after a nice play session with angry red marks on one's wrists and ankles is just not tasteful.

Best place for a riding crop is at a tack store because they don't charge a premium for the riding crop as a fetish item. You can also pick up chains, locks and so on at your local hardware store, which is always cheaper than the BDSM shops. Honest-to-goodness human restraints are BDSM shop items. And, while on-line shopping is greener and more convenient in the privacy of one's own home, I highly recommend you physically take yourself there and try things on before you purchase. If you're looking at restraints, you want to make sure they won't fall apart under stress.

Once you have a feel for what you know will fit with how you're playing, shopping on-line is a breeze. And the most reputable on-line stores will have a no-questions-asked return policy (assuming the item is returned unused in its original container).