PDA

View Full Version : cariad-an introduction

Uncle_Ed
07-24-2007, 06:07 AM
*rubs hands with fiendish glee*

cariad has just made the mistake of admitting to me that she has never posted an intro. So-I offered to do one for her...

OK-this, folks, is cariad.

Misunderstood...
Just kidding!

She is the sweetest person any of us could wish to meet. Her warmth and good-nature are there for anyone to view in her posts and PM's and in her chat. She is extremely capable as Rabbit1 will testify and will do almost anything for chocolate.

She has Colin Clout and Wolfscout to counteract my subversive influence and they do a good job of keeping her on the straight and narrow. She is deeply sub and deeply christian and deeply silly. She enjoys the goings-on in here and keeps a motherly eye on those of us who stray from the path of appropriate behaviour. In her daily life she enjoys butts and wheelie bins and is a keen supporter of the Womens Institute. She will gladly knit any of you a nice cardigan, if asked correctly.

She has also written a learned treatise on rhubarb and it's influences on Welsh history.

Ed. Once and future companion-posted with love.

cariad
07-24-2007, 06:11 AM
*lowers eyebrows and looks very very hard*

Just you wait...

*goes off to find an Uncle sized wheelie bin*

Guest 91108
07-24-2007, 06:37 AM
I agree with Uncle Ed on cariad being warmth and good-natured. But I have several things to add... She is intelligent, compassionate, considerate, curious, witty, and such a charmer. Her appeal is uncommon. She is a mother hen brooding over her forum members.

To me she brings comfort and a steadfastness and surety that I don't find elsewhere.

I have valued her friendship and our conversations.

If you need one to talk to about a subject who will do her best to be objective.. she is The One.

Pertez
07-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Welcome :wave: :)

angelic.zest
07-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Welcome cariad!!! :wave: :rose:

^firefly^
07-24-2007, 07:31 AM
cariad,

You know I love you! *hugs* It's good to see you around a little more!

Rhabbi
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
cariad, you are the one thing that really holds these forums together. Nice to meet you here.

:welcome:

gagged_Louise
07-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Well, I'm at one with Wolfscout in much of what he said about her: intelligent. balanced, charming and (sometimes) endearingly forthright. And very English.

A great friend and talking partner. You mattered a lot to me while preparing that "coming out" post, and I know there's others here who have felt your support and careful will to get through to essentials in the same way. *tight embrace*

Rabbit1
07-24-2007, 08:57 AM
yep and she keeps me in line -----that is a full time job ---lol

three cheers for cariad

Hugs and Kisses and lots of chocolate

MajesticFae
07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Many fabulous cookies to cariad. She's so fabulous.

Warbaby1943
07-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow two new people, cariad and Uncle Ed. Imagine that happening all at once. Boggles the imagination but a welcome is still in order or is it a welcome back?

moptop
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Nunc and cariad - how lovely to see you again! Ha haaaaaa - look forward to much renewed silliness and calm, charming, intelligent etc. stern-ness.

Wonder which one will provide which?

suchaminx
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
cariad - all the words that have been said about you - not sure there are any more I could add

so guess all I can say is - thank you for just being you and I can't imagine my life without you as a friend

love and hugs

minxy xx

nk_lion
07-24-2007, 01:13 PM
To the first person to ever welcome me to the forum, welcome cariad!

Flaming_Redhead
07-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Cariad was a huge help to me in time of great distress, and I admire her greatly for her ability to diffuse situations with grace and tact, a couple of qualities I lack...as well as patience. *ggls* She's also generous with the champagne and chocolate! Woo hoo!