PDA

View Full Version : Gays Make Perfect Parents

Alex Bragi
07-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Same sex marriage, and the debate over whether or not gays should be allowed to adopt, are topics that often crops up in the media. There's obviously also a lot of controversy over whether it’s nature or nurturing that creates homosexuals. Well, this heart warming article was sent to me today, and I just have to share it.

Isn’t nature wonderful! :)

Click here (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1266787,00.html)

Ozme52
07-19-2007, 09:37 PM
It is the utmost in the absurd to try to compare homo sapiens sexuality, especially homosexual sexuality, to that of some other species... and of a species of bird goes even further to the absurd. To even label two cohabiting male flamingos as somehow homosexual begs the question of the quality of the scientist imo.

And it would seem to me to be somewhat insulting to be compared to said bird as proof I could bring up a child... if not highly insulting...

But I can only imagine as I am not so inclined. I leave it up to the gay community to state whether they're outraged or not. LOL

That said... (I had to get it off my mind... it's just such bad science...) I think that having a homosexual inclination is nature... and having an environment where one doesn't feel stigmatized by society is nuture.

There is no evidence, except bad fundamentalist pseudo-science, that indicates that a homosexual couple would go out of there way to somehow force a heterosexually inclined child toward homosexuality.

Everyone who is capable and willing to raise children, whether their own or through adoption, should be given the opportunity.

annie
07-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Cute article Alex... made me smile! :)

tessa
07-20-2007, 06:15 AM
The bonding of any couple, homo sapien or homo species, is indeed wonderful.

Thanks for that thought, Alex. :)

tessa

pixie_dust
07-20-2007, 07:09 AM
very nice article, thanks for sharing!

Warbaby1943
07-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Interesting to say the least. Oz makes great points, IMO.

Rhabbi
07-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Interesting, but how do these people know the birds are homosexual? Maybe they are really bi.

Sir_Russell
07-20-2007, 06:34 PM
I could care less about birds but it does steam me that so many want to makes gays to be awful.

Over time, if you bother to check history, gays in the population have averaged about the same percentage wise to modern history.

If you want to be upset remember to make the cows fatten up faster McDonalds then other fast food restaurants began feeding the cows estrogen. So capitalism strikes again creating more young gays today, oh a pleasant side effect is big titted young ladies.

Ozme52
07-20-2007, 10:21 PM
I could care less about birds but it does steam me that so many want to makes gays to be awful.

Over time, if you bother to check history, gays in the population have averaged about the same percentage wise to modern history.

If you want to be upset remember to make the cows fatten up faster McDonalds then other fast food restaurants began feeding the cows estrogen. So capitalism strikes again creating more young gays today, oh a pleasant side effect is big titted young ladies.

LMAO

Speaking of history... same-sex sex wasn't considered immoral until the rise of modern religion... and specifically Christianity, which needed its proponents to be fruitful and multiply to increase its numbers. (I suspect that statement will create some level of discontent... but it's pretty undeniable IMO)

gloombunny
07-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Speaking of history... same-sex sex wasn't considered immoral until the rise of modern religion... and specifically Christianity, which needed its proponents to be fruitful and multiply to increase its numbers. (I suspect that statement will create some level of discontent... but it's pretty undeniable IMO)
man what

Are you actually claiming that homophobia didn't exist before Christianity? Take a look through the Old Testament sometime, for starters. For all we hear about the acceptance of homosexuality in old Greece, there was a fair amount of opposition to it as well. Among Vikings and Romans (in many periods) it was mostly ok for a man to "top", but to "bottom" was considered extremely shameful. Eh... I'm pretty sure I could dig up more examples if I tried, but it's late and I'm not all that interested in the subject anyway.

(To be fair, there are certainly also examples of cultures that were pretty accepting until they got into Christianity. Japan, for one.)

Sir_Russell
07-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Oz religion and countries need some one to hate and ridicule. Make people band together against the hated whatever. Sad but true and the US should see that now.