PDA

View Full Version : My Prayer For My Online Life

Uncle_Ed
11-17-2006, 01:53 AM
Friends,

I am not what I think is generally refered to as "A religious man". I do not subscribe to one faith in particular. I do, however, attempt-at times poorly-to live my life along what I see as reasonable and socially-acceptable guidelines. It grieves me to see our societies world-wide descending into a culture of "I'm OK-sod the rest of you". There is less and less time given to the consideration of others-be it on-line or on the road where everyday I see drivers speeding, parking where and when they want...I could go on, but that is one of my weaknesses. The intolerance of others. So-I have decided to write myself a little prayer and share it with you.

Grant me greater tolerance when I want to criticise the actions of others.
Let me not jump to conclusions but rather ponder a while and see the bigger picture.
Let me stand by my stated beliefs but have the ability to appreciate those of others around me.
Give me inner peace that I may be able to shrug and turn aside when I disagree.
Give me strength to face those who I believe oppose my own values and live peacefully alongside them.
Grant me humility to be able to apologise to those to whom I have given offence.
Let me know when to become involved with the disputes of others and soothe their way to a greater appreciation of each other.
Let me show my true face to all and not hide behind conceit.
Let me not judge those who cannot face me and find it painful to make the attempt.
Let my fingers know where to find the log-off button.

Well, that's my small offering. It's not meant to be for anyone else but I hope it will make me a better person.

My love to you all.

Adrian-the person behind Ed.

Alex Bragi
11-17-2006, 03:07 AM
*ss* Delightful--as always, Adrian/Ed.

cariad
11-17-2006, 03:09 AM
Looks proudly at my Companion and Champion.

cariad

Warbaby1943
11-17-2006, 03:55 AM
Ed that was full of wisdom and we could all benefit from living our lives that way. Too bad it won't happen because it could be such a better world if it did.

Thanks for posting it though.

Sir_G
11-17-2006, 05:02 AM
Ed, awesome.

slaveangel{HM}
11-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Wonderful! I could use such wisdom right now, and always in day to day life. Thankyou so much for sharing this.

Guest 91108
11-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Uncle Ed , U.ED (get it ? ) , You may not think yourself a religious man; But, that sounds like as good of a prayer as I've heard any one who is spiritual. And that to me is much more important. Kudos.

eve3
11-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Ed, May I say that I pray to have even half of your prayer answered for myself. Beautifully said and even though as Warbaby said, everyone will not strive to live thier lives that way, each person who does makes this world a better place. We can only do our own small part and hope those around us may also be influenced.

frankee
11-17-2006, 01:36 PM
That was awesome, i loved it!!!

Echoes
11-17-2006, 05:16 PM
wise and wonderful words Uncle Ed. Thank you

cookiecat
11-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Amen.

riverwindsong
11-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Thank you.

learningtopleez
11-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Beautiful and thought provoking words! Thank you Ed!:)

poetic_justice
11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Thankyou for sharing this with us all, Ed.

Miraculix
11-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Interesting choice of words... If you read them carefully they almost plead to the skies in a powerful, yet silent moan.

I really liked it.

Uncle_Ed
07-25-2007, 12:20 AM
I believe this may be a good time to air my prayer once again.

Logic1
07-25-2007, 02:47 AM
seems to me like you got a lot on your mind and it is all good.
well spoken

John56{vg}
07-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Ed

That was beautiful and I am with you. I don't always follow the tenets expressed in your amazing prayer, but I hope to and pray to always.

Thank you

Aussiegirl1
07-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Lovely Ed, you do have a nice way with words!

Lottie
07-25-2007, 04:33 AM
It's a fine gesture in the face of modern selfishness. A prayer - religious or non - is a good way of setting out our aspirations...though I wonder, is it Ed, or the man behind Ed, who's going to heed the words? Appearances are easy to manipulate, having meaning behind your words is far more special.

And hello!

-Lottie-

Uncle_Ed
07-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Interesting thoughts, there Lottie.

Perhaps it is worth considering why I broke protocol and posted my true name?

Ed

Lottie
07-25-2007, 04:52 AM
I'll take your answer as the latter of my suggestions...and, as patience and understanding are hard to come by, I wish the man behind Ed all the best in attaining them.

-Lottie-

jeanne
07-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Uncle Ed - wonderful prayer - and I find that as I continue to grow in those principles and live more and more of my daily life that way - the bumps in the road, whether they be circumstances, people, events - are much easier to handle or go around or work through. Living this way just makes my life better and me happier.

Thanks for bumping this thread, otherwise I'd probably have never seen it!
jeanne

pixie_dust
07-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Wonderful words...full of thought and wisdom. Thanks for sharing. :)

Arria
07-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Beautifully written and very true.

Ed, you may say you are not a religious person, but I got the impression you are spiritual, which might be even better.

Consider the ones who claim to be religious, and kill others in the name of God. To be religious needs not necessarily be a good thing.

I think religion is just applying a name to the great unknown, and that the supreme being does not mind by what name it is called.

Kind regards
A.

angelic.zest
07-25-2007, 10:07 AM
that was wonderful!!! thanks for sharing

Rhabbi
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Very nice post ED, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Alex Bragi
07-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I enjoyed reading this just now, just as much as I did the first time.

Thank you for sharing and airing it again, Uncle Ed. :)

tanis
07-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Words of wisdom, I canl take to heart.