PDA

View Full Version : My book is published!

Clevernick
07-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Yeah, I know some of you sell books all the time, and never say a word. But it's my first and dammit I want to celebrate!

W00t!

The new title is "From Zealot to Harlot"

I'm disappointed with the stock cover photo with the cheap drawn-on crucifix -- I will have to become a well-known author, I suppose, before they'll take the trouble to have a proper photo for the book as it deserves. But I'm still excited!

For Liz, things go from bad to worse - I’d been considering for weeks what this misplaced missionary deserved, and I’d even gone so far as to purchase a couple of toys that might help teach her such a lesson, but I had never thought of a good way to begin. But now I thought I knew. And she had just called me “small” once too often.

*MOD NOTE: If you wish to find out how to purchase the book please PM Clevernick directly. Link sites may not be posted!*

jeanne
07-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Yeah! Congratulations - I wish all the success you could possibly want and even more! :)

gagged_Louise
07-26-2007, 05:53 AM
congratulations Nick! :D

lizeskimo
07-26-2007, 06:06 AM
Huge congratulations to you Nick. I hope your book is a bestseller!!!

Pertez
07-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Congratulations Clevernick :):)

Rhabbi
07-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Congratulations Nick

Uncle_Ed
07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know you yet Nick-but please accept my congratulations.

Ed. Uncle 2nd class.

^firefly^
07-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Clevernick,

I know I already said it, but...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so terribly excited for you. (Okay, I'm jealous, too, but now I'm just inspired that much more to write!) I really hope it sells well!

Dorkalicious
07-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Congrats!

*And of course, the happy dance* :D

thrall
07-26-2007, 11:42 AM
CONGRATULATIONS,

just think........we can all say we knew you when.............

i'm so happy for you!!!!

^firefly^
07-26-2007, 12:10 PM
thrall--I know! I think it's so cool to know someone who has actually "done it"--gotten published, I mean!

Clevernick--Can we get autographs, in case you get really famous?

*giggles*

Rabbit1
07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
congrats ---hope it does well for you

Ruby
07-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Congratulations!!!

Whoo hoo!

* Does a little happy dance with you *

Your book is a delightfully wicked tale featuring blackmail, humiliation, bondage and sex aplenty.

Go you!

Write on,

Ruby

moptop
07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Fantastick, Clevernick! Always thought you were clever but now we know! Truly well done.

violet girl{MM}
07-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Awesome job Clevernick!!! We must celebrate!!!
My place or Yours??!! ;) :hubba: :D

John56{vg}
07-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I am happy for you Clevernick. Congrats!!!

Clevernick
07-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Awesome job Clevernick!!! We must celebrate!!!
My place or Yours??!! ;) :hubba: :D

Violet, as soon as you can pass bar duties on to someone willing, you can pop over here and celebrate with me!

I think I'll go contribute a drink to the Sub Pub....

Eponine
07-26-2007, 06:36 PM
NICKKKKKKKK!!!

YAY!!!

THAT IS TOOOO COOOL...
I am so excited for you- I can feel the excitement in your post- you should be proud and celebrate!!

:camera2: :cheerlead

...hey... maybe i can suck some success pheremones out of you and rub them all over myself... ;)

Seriously... very cool!

Clevernick
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Thank you all for the congrats! I am doing D'lish's happy dance!

Cover blurbs and reviews were contributed by Ruby, H Dean, Mad Lews, and local friend The Marquise, and I am really grateful!

Oh yeah, it's starting to sell pretty well too, thanks to all the reviews! W00t!

My sales goal is not to make a lot of money (it won't happen), but to show that an "amber" rated story can sell as well as a "red" one. I prefer the "amber" stories and I know some others must too. They may include an element of nonconsensuality or blackmail/forced consensus, but are generally devoid of "hard" themes like torture, body modification, etc...

My "Clevernick" profile shows where to find my "amber" baby if you look around.

I am very appreciative of all the support above! Very! I feel like I'm a baby writer and you're all my family!

xx

Mad Lews
07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Congratulations Nick,
GO Ahead! TAKE THE NIGHT OFF AND TIE ONE ON!!
See what an little perseverance and a twisted sense of humpor can get you!! Now onward and upward, them inkjet printers clog up if they sit around to long and I just bet there's another story peculating in that CleverNick
Best of sales, (I know where to get it:) )
Mad Lews

TomOfSweden
07-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Congratulations. I'm impressed and amazed. Getting published is an amazing feat. Being talented, energetic, attentive, smart and getting the timing right is just the prerequisite. I spoke to some authors a while back, and they said that people won't start to buy and read your books until you've released your third book. It seems to be some kind of sacred number in the business. It seems like making a splash first time around is unheard of. Good luck all the same. And it can still be a great book for future generations even if few notice now. Don't give up.