PDA

View Full Version : Handcuffs?

Kinkystudent
07-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I was wondering what people think is the best kind of hand restraint device since my current handcuffs were cheap peices of crap. I can't afford to spend loads of money... just £20 / $40
What kind of Cuffs do you use?
Can anyone advise the best place to buy them, or what kind I ought to buy?
I don't require heavy duty restraints, just something which will make me feel helpless and trapped!
answers?

Rhabbi
07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Well, simple rope always works for me, the price is right and you can make it as tight or as loose as you need.

Kinkystudent
07-27-2007, 03:48 PM
hmm, I guess... but there's something about the cool metal on your skin.

Ruby
07-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Rope is good.

Velcro cuffs are also very nice.
They are wonderful when the sub needs to quickly escape for a variety of reasons. And of course, they are great for self bondage. Simultaneously, they can make you feel helpless and trapped, because they require quite a bit of pulling and tugging for release.

Ties for men can also make excellent restraints as can womens scarves.

Click on the "Store" button on this site for some ideas.

I also like using chains, tied into slip knots. The chains give that metal feel, but are easier to remove from my sub.

If you don't want to shop online or feel funny visiting the local kink shop, you can go to home building stores, often called "dom-depots" in the US and stores that supply items for dogs and cats.

Mr W
07-27-2007, 04:00 PM
You can always find good quality cuffs on EBAY

davidnhisgirl
07-27-2007, 05:11 PM
I got a really good pair of cuffs for under $20. Yeah they actually work! I was shocked too hehehe. Look around on ebay and adult stores. It just takes some foot work. I am like you and enjoy the feeling of the cool metal. *grin* So the fuzzy cuffs or velcro never really do it for me.

emi

Logic1
07-28-2007, 02:53 AM
My last sub bruised silly easily so if I used metal cuffs on her she would have to wear long sleeved blouses and gloves the next day at work and she couldnt have that :p.
So I got some leathercuffs with metalchain between them so she got the "clinking sound" when moving her arms and legs which we both love. Also I got some velcro cuffs that are very easy to use and nice for fast release and if you want to change positions on her.
Rope is my all time favorite though. Wish I could do Shibari. ... (waiting on the book I ordered impatiently:p)

Sir_Russell
07-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I have to insert these tips and advice here, since I love handcuffs more then any other bdsm device.

The quickest way I know to restrain a submissive is to handcuff her with police style cuffs. To be safe get good cuffs normally they have 2 chain links between them not 3. They are heavier then the cheap ones with wider surfaces that contact the skin with dull edges. They should have 2 locks, the main one unlocks with a key and second one with a lever. The first lock stops the submissive from opening the lock and the second, controlled by the lever, stops it from getting any tighter. These 2 locks allow you to capture her safely. Be sure that for any long term cuffing that you can get your small finger between cuff and wrist so that the blood flow is not severely impeded.

Before using any locking device you should always check the device by locking it, but not on any one or thing. Now if it unlocks easily and quickly you can use it. Remember anything with moving parts will wear out so using some graphite in the locks helps to prolong their life.

Be sure when you use a locking device that you have more then one key for it and that they are available in a nearby places with unfettered access to them. I recommend that you have bolt cutters in your toolbox if you are playing with padlocks, better safe then explaining to the locksmith why your wife is wearing mmmmm a chastity belt or some such thing.

Logic1
07-29-2007, 03:56 AM
good advices Sir Russel.

I tried police style cuffs aswell but she bruised with them too.
Yes she squirms a lot, and that is probably what makes the bruising so bad and not the metal or how tight they were cause I use that little finger test aswell.

Guest 91108
07-29-2007, 05:44 AM
I use cuffs sometimes..
Rope a lot
adn those pet choker chains when pulled through just right can make nice restraints that can be used impromptu in many places and aren't comment on a lot when in plain sight in your car... hints....

TheVampireMistress
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I agree w/ Sir Russell and ontop the safety tips he gave you, you can also buy cuff covers to make them more comfortable for you but it still gives you that restrained feeling. They provide prevention of the visible marks to the public. The leather cuffs are inexpensive if you try an adult store that has a public warehouse. They'll sell them wholesale. You just have to shop around for the lowest prices.

Logic1
07-29-2007, 02:31 PM
what kind of cuff covers? something I missed? You are not talking about that fluff stuff in pink or leopard print or that kind of stuff I hope cause that doesnt make the least bit difference imho.
On the other hand I rather use chainlinked leathercuffs or rope so :p

Sir_Russell
07-29-2007, 07:06 PM
I make leather cuffs, belts, collars and stuff custom as a hobby that someday may become a business. I love them and they offer very safe means to confine and control your sub/slave.

If you happen to be interested in seeing my creations I should be posting shots of them tomorrow in my erotic pictures thread in the Gallery.

Logic1
07-30-2007, 03:39 AM
I am definitely interrested.

TomOfSweden
07-30-2007, 07:08 AM
I suggest in investing in proper leather cuffs. Besides being more comfortable and versatile they'll last and make your investment pay off in the long run. I bought mine 12 years ago and they still look like I bought them yesterday. But are off-course much more comfortable. Leather is good that way.

Logic1
07-30-2007, 08:23 AM
and leather just looks better with time (if you take care of it that is).

Sir_Russell
08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I agree it does but then there is the feel of metal closing on her wrists, hearing the sound of the lock click, her knowing that she can't escape that causes a look on her face that is just different then any other.

TomOfSweden
08-01-2007, 11:36 PM
I agree it does but then there is the feel of metal closing on her wrists, hearing the sound of the lock click, her knowing that she can't escape that causes a look on her face that is just different then any other.

I don't know about you, but that just gave me a hard on.

Iron_Lynx
08-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmmm.... to be honest, I have always preferred rope and cloth over handcuffs. Both of those can be pulled tighter onto the wrists then cuff, form better to the shape of the wrist, and don't have a risk of anything happening to the key (loss, breaking, falling out of reach, etc.).

However, I've not actually tried a good pair of cuffs that didn't cut into my wrists (literally) which could account for half of why I don't like them. I also find that they get in the way in some positions. All that aside, I do like seeing the marks they make if taken off before I bleed. Last time I wore them I had to go to work right they came off, and the red lasted halfway through the day...

I've not actually tried leather cuffs, but I apparently will be by the end of the month.... I can let you know what I think then, if you really want.

moptop
08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Sir_Russell

Originaly Posted by Tom of Sweden
I don't know about you, but that just gave me a hard on.

Well, not a hard on, obviously... but the equivalent.

:p

Austerus
08-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't know what's available at your local stores (though the internet is always there) but my wife and I have had a lot of fun with buckling, fur lined leather cuffs. They are really gentle on her wrists/ankles, but still restrain quite thoroughly, and they have D-rings for easy attachment. Add a half dozen carabiners to your collection of toys and you can go a looonng way with a set of wrist/ankle restraints.

Alternatively if you want to go with leather but like the metal look, I have seen several variations on stainless steel sheet metal riveted to buckling/locking leather underpinnings. I have never used those so don't know how they hold up, but they look drop dead sexy.

As far as classic-style cuffs, I have a few different pairs. I have some very heavy gauge, hinged cuffs. They are quite thoroughly effective, but can often be too constrictive as they hold the hands/arms in too fixed a position and don't allow enough movement/flexibility the way cuffs with a chain or wrist restraints would. They're also pretty rough on the skin as they re pretty heavy duty.

I also have some "cheap" trick-cuffs, with a release lever on them which obviates the need for a key (though I still have a key for them.) They actually hold up quite well under use, and they provide a lot of confidence in terms of safety/consensuality, as my wife (and my other partners before her) were, actually, really restrained, but could in an emergency situation fiddle with them enough to get them off. In several years of using them with various partners I have never had anyone even -attempt- to slip the lock, though perhaps your scenes are different ;)

The trick-cuffs (and the leather/fur restraints as well for that matter) are also very nice post-scene, as they can be released quickly and easily without any fumbling around for a key when all you (both) want to do is lie down and drink a couple liters of water ;)

Sir_Russell
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
here is one of mine

wingsofanangel
08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I bought a $9.00 metal pair from spencers... they lock with a slide down switch .... and feel okay... and def. make me feel helpless... I love them