PDA

View Full Version : Is this right what I found today online about subs?

cream _(DNW)
07-30-2007, 01:18 PM
The Healthy Submissive
A submissive discovers, or more properly, realizes and acknowledges that she functions AT HER BEST in relation to another. nonsexual aspects of being submissive: "am I sick because I yearn to depend on, and follow the lead of, a man stronger than myself?
Submission
Submission is an action of personal strength. To overcome internal resistance the submissive must control their desire or need to maintain personal control in the creation and delivery of all personal decisions. They must overcome...............
Submission From Strength
I simply want other submissives and dominants to know that subservience and submission are two different kettles of fish.
Submissive Frenzies
Submissive Frenzies are a state or condition that many if not all submissives will experience at one time or another.
The Cinderella Complex
The Cinderella Complex is a mind state where someone believes that if the right "One" comes into their life, all of their problems will disappear.
Tolerance
A Lesson that MUST be learned by submissives and dominants
Choosing a Dom: Know exactly what you want
You are a submissive. You have read everything you could get your hands on and talked to anyone who would offer advice. Now, it is time to choose your dominant.
The Submissives Definition of Domination
It is imperative that you are able to communicate what you expect from submission. To do that, you must have a clear understanding of what you expect from domination as well.
Searching for Mr. GoodChat
What you can expect and some advice when searching the online mine field for a dominant.
Anticipation of the Dominants Needs
Anticipation of needs is one aspect of submission that my Master expects from me and I do believe that there are many other dominants who expect the same effort.
Anticipation of the Dominants Needs Part 2
A realistic approach from a slave regarding anticipation of her Master's needs.
When Times Get Tough Don't Get Selfish
I will be the first submissive to admit this. I am selfish about my needs. I am selfish about Master's time and attention....
Icky Stuff, Scary Places, and Limits
Icky Stuff, Scary Places, and Limits: The Sadist's Playground. Give some thought to what you are willing to submit to without closing your mind.
Icky Stuff, Scary Places, and Limits, Part 2, Satiating the Beast
The following conversation was created to help submissives who have concerns/fears about being able to satisfy the desires of a dominant who enjoys pushing limits and has extensive experience with such. This article is intended to aide in calming those fears. I had them myself and thought I would share my experience with all of you in a creative setting.
Submissive's Creed/Rights/Prayer
I will communicate with complete honesty my needs, desires, limits, and experience. I realize that failing to do so will not only prevent my Master and I from having the best experience possible, but can also lead to physical and emotional harm. I will not try to manipulate my Master...........
Pleasing your Dominant
How a submissive can gracefully handle mistakes and why is seems difficult to please the Dominant at times.
Submission and Jealousy
Jealousy out of control is a poison pill. Learn how to deal with it.

For me I think this sounds very true but I want to know what some of yall think too

Eponine
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
The Healthy Submissive
A submissive discovers, or more properly, realizes and acknowledges that she functions AT HER BEST in relation to another. nonsexual aspects of being submissive: "am I sick because I yearn to depend on, and follow the lead of, a man stronger than myself?

Submission is an action of personal strength. To overcome internal resistance the submissive must control their desire or need to maintain personal control in the creation and delivery of all personal decisions. They must overcome...............

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly myself. I have come to accept and understand that, being made the way I am, it is uncomfortably unnatural to exercise the dominance necessary to survive in this world, and with that, I do suffer from...

The Cinderella Complex
The Cinderella Complex is a mind state where someone believes that if the right "One" comes into their life, all of their problems will disappear.

But with my story (about which I posted here a few months ago), I came to believe- and still have not let go of the belief- that it is possible. That there is a "Master Charming"- because my master was... in my eyes... so that is still whom I hope to find. BUT, in the meanwhile, I know I obviously have to take care of things myself. I just hate it.

Choosing a Dom: Know exactly what you want
...you must have a clear understanding of what you expect from domination as well.

With this statement, I agree as well. At times, it is confusing though- as sometimes doms (and even other subs) have the attitude that a submissive or slave should be grateful for anything/ anyone, that we should have no standards. I find that infuriating because I _will_ not submit to any man I deem unworthy. And no one should settle...

When Times Get Tough Don't Get Selfish
I will be the first submissive to admit this. I am selfish about my needs. I am selfish about Master's time and attention....

I can be quite guilty of this myself, paradoxical to a slave's soul as it seems. But most submissives want attention, want reassurance and love. I heard one submissive say we're "attention whores"- well, I know I am... so sometimes it's hard when your master/ mistress has to tend to other matters.. especially when the relationship is LD...

Thanks for posting this, BrookLynn. Interesting read. :)

Rhabbi
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
BrookLynn,

In my opinion nothing applies to everyone, so although this may be right for some, or even most, it is not right for all.

This seems to be a hash of personal opinion, and, although interesting, cannot be considered to be definitive or even informative.

Logic1
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
This is an absolute truth
for the person who wrote it.
It definitely has some good points but I personally dont think it holds any absolute truth. I am no sub so I can ofcourse not be completely sure and I can say that my experience with many(2) isnt that extensive to speak with that much athority either.
You (when submissive) or any other sub will have to feel for yourself if all or some of it holds true to you.

edit: bah. I ended up writing what Rhabbi wrote although it was in other words.

Rhabbi
07-31-2007, 09:45 AM
edit: bah. I ended up writing what Rhabbi wrote although it was in other words.

Logic, It may be the same thing, but the different perspective might be what a person needs to here. The way I talk is sometimes a bit stuffy, and can come across as arrogant, so feel free to resay my ideas if you think it helps.

Logic1
08-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Logic, It may be the same thing, but the different perspective might be what a person needs to here. The way I talk is sometimes a bit stuffy, and can come across as arrogant, so feel free to resay my ideas if you think it helps.

lol yeah but the thing was that I didnt even read your post until after I had written mine. That is why I wrote that "bah" line.
I dont mind writing what you write though. I find your comments and thougths matching mine quite often.
thanx though :)

Sir_Russell
08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I agree that it can be that way but I recommend that you and your Dom/Master sit and discuss what each other needs and wants are, try my hard limits questionaire in the Knowledge area here.

If you and the Dom have a lot of similar likes and wants then it is time to discuss a contract with hard limits spelled for both of you.

Now you have a Life plan tailored for the 2 of you.

Logic1
08-02-2007, 02:12 AM
That checklist sure is interresting.
saw it a couple of years back but forgot all about it until like a week ago when that checklist thread popped into view here in the forums.
Gonna ask my next gf/sub to fill it out if I find that she has a dirty mind like me.
What I did notice though was that mine had changed from the first one I filled out a few years back. That was an interresting revelation.

Guest 91108
08-02-2007, 02:51 AM
Logic1 , it means your kink and limits have changed and that you have grown in the lifestyle..

I know that statement of the original poster would not fit many that i know..
i agree it must be more individually attuned...

cream _(DNW)
08-02-2007, 03:09 AM
well thank you all for sharing and I will look at the checklist.

Logic1
08-02-2007, 05:37 AM
[QUOTE=Wolfscout;403838]Logic1 , it means your kink and limits have changed and that you have grown in the lifestyle..QUOTE]

Yes that is definitely true. I think we all change as we grow and gets familiar with this scene and what is availiable for us and what we try.
Definitely interresting. I had moved on some scales. Eliminated one and added some new kinks *chuckles*
lol I like that test :)
not an absolute truth but it is definitely a good test.

Iron_Lynx
08-02-2007, 06:32 AM
With this statement, I agree as well. At times, it is confusing though- as sometimes doms (and even other subs) have the attitude that a submissive or slave should be grateful for anything/ anyone, that we should have no standards. I find that infuriating because I _will_ not submit to any man I deem unworthy. And no one should settle...

I've come across my share of this thinking and I might just like it less then you. For me, the submission is not about lowering yourself below others, but about raising your dom above you. I'm extremely strong-willed and absolutely will not give in to someone that I don't see something special in.

Just thought I'd share that thought since I saw the opportunity. Anyway, that's good base-test even if it isn't perfect.