PDA

View Full Version : Kids declare "bottom-swatting" day, now face criminal charges, sex offender status

Clevernick
08-05-2007, 07:16 AM
I think it's gone a little too far -- and I think it's fair for the bdsm community to send support to these kids.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2007/08/04/bottom_0805.html?cxntlid=inform

I also think "first they came for the bottom-swatting kids, and I said nothing"....

Nuff said.

Subfortraining
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I think that it has gone to far also however i do know that kids do not take harassment seriously these days and i do think that it needs to be taken more seriously and better taken care of as far as disapline as to make it no longer ok under any circumstance.

Alex Bragi
08-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, yes, I agree it’s certainly gone too far. It’s a veritable storm in a teacup really, isn’t it?

But I do agree with Subfortraining, these little buggers have got to be taught that harassment is harassment—being minors shouldn’t exempt them from basic respect for their peers, or anyone else. I mean, one day they’re swatting bottoms, and the next they’re grabbing tits and crotches.

Ozme52
08-05-2007, 07:14 PM
While true, such discipline has always been the venue of parents with school assistance when the violation/prank has been on school grounds. While a few escape the lesson (bad parenting) it works for most of us.

The issue here isn't about the boys, it's about the fact that the 'fundamentalist' influenced governments at all levels have gone overboard. We've seen pre-schoolers similarly charged.

Warbaby1943
08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
This country is being fucked by ignorant prosecutors. Too bad they aren't really accountable to the people and that the public has selective memory at election time.

Rhabbi
08-06-2007, 08:22 AM
It is sad that things like this get blown all out of proportion. what would be the benefit to these boys, or to society, to label them as sex offenders for the rest of their lives? I agree that what they did was wrong. But prosecuting them as felony sex offenders is a waste of money and time, and if I was in that county I would be raising a storm of protest that my money was being used that way.

Ozme52
08-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Subfortraining
08-06-2007, 10:37 PM
It's kinda a catch isn't it. the government took our parental rights away to disapline our children and because of that the government has had to waste money disaplining our kids for us in a unsuitable fashion. I do not think that these kids should be register sex offenders but i do think that their parents should be allowed to beat them every once in a while to get though to their little brains that some shit just isn't ok! Some of our older generations can think back to when they were kids and remember that if they got in trouble or were disrespectful in anyway it wasn't the DA they were going to be afraid of it was their parents when they arrived home.

Rhabbi
08-07-2007, 08:43 AM
It's kinda a catch isn't it. the government took our parental rights away to disapline our children and because of that the government has had to waste money disaplining our kids for us in a unsuitable fashion. I do not think that these kids should be register sex offenders but i do think that their parents should be allowed to beat them every once in a while to get though to their little brains that some shit just isn't ok! Some of our older generations can think back to when they were kids and remember that if they got in trouble or were disrespectful in anyway it wasn't the DA they were going to be afraid of it was their parents when they arrived home.

I remember being in trouble once. I grew up in a small town, and I did something at a neighbor's house, and she spanked me. I then went home and got spanked again.

When Hillary coined the phrase it takes a village to raise a child I laughed because I knew she had no idea what she was talking about. The only way a village can raise a child is if the inhabitants of that village can discipline the child. there is no long lasting psychic trauma from discipline, the trauma comes when children have no guidance and limits.

Sorry to jump on that soapbox there. IMO the worst thing that ever happened to our children was the notion that parents should not spank their kids.

Subfortraining
08-07-2007, 11:55 AM
I remember being in trouble once. I grew up in a small town, and I did something at a neighbor's house, and she spanked me. I then went home and got spanked again.

When Hillary coined the phrase it takes a village to raise a child I laughed because I knew she had no idea what she was talking about. The only way a village can raise a child is if the inhabitants of that village can discipline the child. there is no long lasting psychic trauma from discipline, the trauma comes when children have no guidance and limits.

Sorry to jump on that soapbox there. IMO the worst thing that ever happened to our children was the notion that parents should not spank their kids.

I completely agree! even i remember getting slapped on the ass with a yellow flip flop because my ass wouldn't go to bed i neever under estimated my grandmother again nor did i fight to go to bed any more. hehe

Flaming_Redhead
08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I wasn't aware that it was the government's fault that people choose not to discipline their children.

Ozme52
08-07-2007, 05:44 PM
I wasn't aware that it was the government's fault that people choose not to discipline their children.

I agree Red. No one tells us that a spanking can't be an appropriate punishment. All the government does is make sure no one is abusing their children.

But having said that... with prosecutors filing charges for all kinds of idiocies, is it any wonder that most people tread lightly.

Sir_Russell
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Without a lot more details and from varied sources I can't say if they are at criminal sexyal harresment levels or not.

What I can say is why is it that today it seems to be the tv that rears the children and not the parents.

fig
08-15-2007, 01:55 PM
it seems that in todays culture the opinion is that not physically disciplining children results in better, well adjusted children.

when I spoke with a taxi driver about this, his opinion was that such children as adults fared worse when faced with the slings and arrows of life.

I'd like to see if his opinion is fact based, as it would make an argument to swing society back to appropriate physical discipline. I mean, I reckon the whole reason that things came this was was that children used to get the tar whaled out of them for little reason.

Torq
03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
What ever happened to,, "Spare the rod, spoil the child"

Who knows
T