PDA

View Full Version : Brown Shower

kittenfemme
02-24-2004, 07:27 PM
My plaid, hipster pajama bottoms were comfortable. Black socks kept my feet warm. I wore a red, baby-doll t-shirt that had the word "Angel" printed across the front with a halo and single rhinestone floating above the text. Several of my friends and lovers often laughed, declaring the print to be false advertising.

Dad sat to one side of the table and his wife, Jan, sat on the other. I sipped green tea from a black, ceramic mug while the two of them read the newspaper or dredged through education and computer magazines in search of interesting tidbits.

For a second, I realized it could have been a moment that occurred five years prior. It was almost as though I'd not left at all, as though I hadn't changed the face I present to the world in such a radical way. I was comfortable in a way that no pair of pajamas could provide. I was with family.

The moment was gently broken with modern conversation. The room filled with words, phrases, and whole sentences decrying the current school board, describing new students, or complaining of custody battles within near cells of the family. I drifted slowly from the past into the present.

It was then that I decided to take a shower. The day had to press on and I would rather it did so walking tall than crawling on hands and knees, still half asleep. Besides, my hair was a mess and I felt a bit dirty. Sleeping next to the fireplace made me sweat during the night. Deciding to shower seemed a logical course of action.

Remembering there was no shampoo or conditioner in the guest bathroom downstairs. I asked to borrow a bit. Dad and Jan waved me off and said something like, "Of course. Of course. Help yourself young lady."

I thanked them both, then slid across the polished wood floor in my socks toward their bedroom and bathroom. Just as I reached the door one of them called out, "It's to the left, in the ugly shower... the brown shower."

I stopped.

Passing the table on the way downstairs, I mentioned what a great joke their ugly brown shower would be in BDSM circles. They smiled and shined me on as I carefully descended the stairs, still grinning.

Jones, Nikka
02-24-2004, 10:19 PM
That was a good one!
And to think that I almost did not read it because of the thread's title

fetish101
02-24-2004, 11:36 PM
haha, yeah I almost didn't read it either..and most certainly wouldn't have if it had a paperclip next to it meaning a picture attached!

Curtis
02-24-2004, 11:47 PM
This is probably not the purpose of this thread, but what impressed me the most was that kittenfemme was able to make that comment to her parents at all. My parents found out about my interest in S&M a little over twenty years ago. They expressed their disapproval, and the subject was never broached again. I thought THAT was remarkably forebearing, but kittenfemmes's family is just cool!

kittenfemme
02-25-2004, 08:12 AM
*nod* That part of my family is very sweet, understanding, and hip. The other two legs (my mother's side and most of my birth father's side) of my family are more as you decribed Curtis. A large portion of them don't want anything to do with me. *shrug* Their loss.

But my Dad's family, including my adopted brother, sister, niece, nephew and the lot, kicks. :D