PDA

View Full Version : bdsm and the "change"

NightNurse
08-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Just curious... is there anyone here with experience in this situation? I'm mainly curious about surgically induced menopause. Afraid there will be no more interest at all... :(

jeanne
08-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't have any information, but will be following this thread closely. I thought I was starting menopause a few months ago, but apparently I was wrong (thank God) and a negative change in my attitude/sexual functioning is something I fear.

cariad
08-10-2007, 04:14 AM
This is really annoying me now, wish I could remember who it was, but someone told me that their sex drive has gone through the roof as a result of the menopause. So I guess it can work both ways.

cariad

TomOfSweden
08-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Just curious... is there anyone here with experience in this situation? I'm mainly curious about surgically induced menopause. Afraid there will be no more interest at all... :(

What's the worry? It's not like the world would end because you develop different tastes in life. If you change, enjoy the change. I wouldn't mind enjoying vanilla sex. It would make life a whole lot easier.

jeanne
08-10-2007, 05:24 AM
I wouldn't mind enjoying vanilla sex. It would make life a whole lot easier.

But a whole lot less interesting, yes? :)

tessa
08-10-2007, 06:13 AM

Ok, this is my area of "expertise", I suppose. Mixed feelings on that, it seems, as I'm not keen on sharing this type information. But this is a big deal, so...

I was "surgically induced", as you termed it (which I like, by the way), over a year ago. I worried the freaking crazy out of myself, wondering if, when, where, why, how, and how much - all that related to and about the issue of sex, I will add. I was a basket case of nerves.

Fast forward to a year later, and this is me- :jerry: It is the BEST thing that ever happened to me, health-wise for sure. I was a physical mess (and had the added bonus of a cancer scare to deal with) and had no where to go but to feel-better'ville. Which is exactly where I went. :) My sex drive actually revved up, seeing as the physical issues were a thing of the past. And I'm not sure just how my doctor managed it, but he "re-wired" me perfectly. I can even have vaginal orgasms now! Can we say, "Oh, yesssssssss!!!"? No period, no PMS, no bad, icky pain...just the good kind now. ;) Oh, and no cancer! That's a big "WOOHOO"!!

Sure, I have to be on synthetic estrogen for the next few decades, but it's effects are monitored closely by my doctor. That is a must. I'm on the lowest dose possible and feel great.

What's the worry? It's not like the world would end because you develop different tastes in life. If you change, enjoy the change. I wouldn't mind enjoying vanilla sex. It would make life a whole lot easier.
~looks most perplexed~ I am not sure why menopause would lead to vanilla sex. :confused: It certainly wasn't the case for me. Exactly the opposite in fact. Again, I felt better, could do more physically demanding acts and vanilla was a thing of the past.

:jerry: Yeah, that happy dance is one of the side effects I suffer from. ~sighs dramatically, then giggles~

If you have other questions and want to ask, feel free to send me a PM.

tessa:wave:

pixie_dust
08-10-2007, 06:40 AM
*a BIG woohoo for tessa*

So happy to hear that everything took a positive turn for you. :) I've heard so many horror stories from other women about how difficult it was for them going through "the change". Seems as though a lot of it depends on your attitude and willingness to take care of yourself.

*takes deep breath*

Thanks for the helpful info, tessa.

tessa
08-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the helpful info, tessa.

Anything for you, beautiful pixie. :)

cariad
08-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Ohhhh - hope that tessa's wonderful doctor never finds a 'cure' for her happy dance. Love her just as she is.

cariad

TomOfSweden
08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
~looks most perplexed~ I am not sure why menopause would lead to vanilla sex. :confused: It certainly wasn't the case for me. Exactly the opposite in fact. Again, I felt better, could do more physically demanding acts and vanilla was a thing of the past.

Her issue was whether or not she'll have more or less sexual interest. My point is that either way is good.

pixie_dust
08-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Anything for you, beautiful pixie.

Anything????? Mmmm...now that could be tempting...

*starts making list*

tessa
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Ohhhh - hope that tessa's wonderful doctor never finds a 'cure' for her happy dance. Love her just as she is.

You're a love, cariad. Thanks. :) And if my doctor does find a "cure", he better keep it to himself!

Her issue was whether or not she'll have more or less sexual interest. My point is that either way is good.
Gotcha. I really like your point now. :)

`watches pixie make her list` This oughta be fun. ;)

:wave:

Ozme52
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
But a whole lot less interesting, yes? :)

yes. :blurp_ani

NightNurse
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM

Actually I was concerned about losing interest in sex- period.

Thank you for your input Tessa-
I'm not sure yet what the options will be for hormone replacement because there are cancer issues as well..
Feel like I'm at a banquet (and not a good one) with a VERY full plate!

tessa
08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure yet what the options will be for hormone replacement because there are cancer issues as well..

You are welcome. And I know that overwhelmed feeling. Talk to your doctor until he begs you to leave him alone, then talk some more...and more. Discuss every option known to anyone and do what feels right to you.

I wish you all the best.

tessa :wave:

TomOfSweden
08-11-2007, 01:09 AM

But if you lose interest in sex, then all you need to do is find something else to pass your time, right? Or is this a "meaning of life" discussion?

NightNurse
08-11-2007, 06:42 AM

But if you lose interest in sex, then all you need to do is find something else to pass your time, right? Or is this a "meaning of life" discussion?

Sorry TOS- I just re-read and saw your earlier post.. That was my concern exactly...

I'm waaayyy to tired of life issues right now to even think of having a 'meaning of life' discussion! LOL - Just pondering if I'll look back and wistfully think of the fun I used to have and wish for those days..

Maybe I should learn to crochet just in case... ;)

Can's Peaches
08-11-2007, 08:30 AM
This is something that I have experience in as well. I am now 38 and had to have total hysterectomy when I was 25. I take estrogen daily. My sex drive is through the roof. I have not lost interest in sex, can have vaginal orgasm's (g-spot and clititoral) and a couple of weeks ago I even squirted a little for the first time. The only difference is that I have to use artificial lube more often.

canEHdianMAN
08-11-2007, 08:54 AM
This is something that I have experience in as well. I am now 38 and had to have total hysterectomy when I was 25. I take estrogen daily. My sex drive is through the roof. I have not lost interest in sex, can have vaginal orgasm's (g-spot and clititoral) and a couple of weeks ago I even squirted a little for the first time. The only difference is that I have to use artificial lube more often.

Mannnnnnnnnn, she aint kiddin bout her sex drive either........PLEASE SEND HELP!!!!! :wow:

Logic1
08-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Mannnnnnnnnn, she aint kiddin bout her sex drive either........PLEASE SEND HELP!!!!! :wow:

cant say I feel sorry for you though :p
*chuckles*

canEHdianMAN
08-11-2007, 01:13 PM
cant say I feel sorry for you though :p
*chuckles*

Oh sure, so sympathic you are Missy :rolleyes:

NightNurse
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh great- I already don't get anywhere near what I want in the sex department... If my sex drive gets stronger I'll be a mess!!!!

tessa
08-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh great- I already don't get anywhere near what I want in the sex department... If my sex drive gets stronger I'll be a mess!!!!

Messes are a good thing, right?

:)

Ozme52
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM

My experience, when I was dating older women experiencing or just past menopause was that they became somewhat insatiable. Quite nice for a particularly horny lad.

Ozme52
08-11-2007, 06:50 PM

I suggest "branching out."

Can's Peaches
08-11-2007, 08:24 PM
My experience, when I was dating older women experiencing or just past menopause was that they became somewhat insatiable. Quite nice for a particularly horny lad.

I can understand the insatiable part (seems like you just can't get enough no matter what you do) and Master has a strong sex drive as well so he loves it :)

Logic1
08-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Oh sure, so sympathic you are Missy :rolleyes:

you dont need symphaty, you need to be congratulated :cool:

(oh and I am a guy fyi ;))

NightNurse
08-12-2007, 06:42 AM
I suggest "branching out."

Sorry- i'm a little slow on stuff sometimes...
"branching out" ??

tessa
08-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Sorry- i'm a little slow on stuff sometimes...
"branching out" ??

~smiles~ I can't wait for Oz's reply to this.

:wave:

canEHdianMAN
08-12-2007, 01:54 PM
you dont need symphaty, you need to be congratulated :cool:

(oh and I am a guy fyi ;))

Sorry Logic, no offence meant, the pic thru me :)

Logic1
08-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Sorry Logic, no offence meant, the pic thru me :)

yeah noprobs, I wasnt offended. That ex of mine sure has a sassy ass :)