PDA

View Full Version : Question about Guests

BDSM_Tourguide
08-19-2002, 08:41 AM
How does the Guest thing work on the forums site? I have noticed that there are often a few registered members and several guests floating about. Who are the guests? Are they people just reading the boards, but not posting anything? Do they serve an actual function? Should we be afraid of them? Or perhaps we should admire them from afar like gods?

*Re-reading that last bit* Okay. I need a cup of coffee.

Marcus
08-19-2002, 08:45 AM
Don't worry, just government monitoring agents ;)

BDSM_Tourguide
08-19-2002, 09:02 AM
... *Updates his monitoring software.* LOL

flower{J}
08-19-2002, 11:17 PM
i too, have wondered about G/guests on a forum such as this. Maybe it's because T/they are just lazy about registering? Or afraid that T/they will be "found out" by the other half of T/their vanilla relationship? Or, for the more positive outlook, T/they eventually become members, but haven't taken the plunge yet, which takes me back to the lazy theory.

Anyway, i too, was a guest for a while, but decided that in case i had something important (or non-important) to say, i had better register.

Ok, i'm rambling and don't drink coffee!

flower{J}

BDSM_Tourguide
08-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by flower{J}
Ok, i'm rambling and don't drink coffee!

flower{J}

How can you NOT drink coffee? Coffee is the nectar of the gods. Coffee IS god! You have to have coffee in your life, lest you become spiritualy incomplete. ;)

My vanilla other half floats around BDSM message boards and chats frequently. Oh wait. I guess that wouldn't make her my vanilla other half. LOL She's not much into the internet anymore. About all she does on the computer is check her email and play Diamond Mines on Yahoo! But that's okay, 'cause she's my sweetie.

flower{J}
08-20-2002, 10:11 AM
:eek: Become spiritually incomplete?? Oh for heavens sake, i hope not! In that case, then, i shall continue eating Ben and Jerry's "One Sweet Whirled" ice cream. At least it has coffee flavored ice cream in it. :p

psst, BDSM_Tourguide: tell Your wife to try out Dice Slider or Noah's Ark, they are pretty fun too.

As for the G/guests: come O/one, come A/all and join O/our quirkly little slice of heaven! (and bring BDSM_Tourguide some coffee! STAT)

flower{J}
"when Master is happy, everbody is happy"

BDSM_Tourguide
08-20-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by flower{J}
(and bring BDSM_Tourguide some coffee! STAT)

flower{J}
"when Master is happy, everbody is happy"

Yeah! And a frikkin cinnamon roll, too! LMAO :)

jeyline
04-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Perhaps our guests just don't want to be interuptive of the natural flow of things around here, or are shy, or nervous about signing up on a forum dealing with sexually explicit content.

Often people are shy when it comes to sexual stuff anyway, and even more so when it's deemed "strange" by the general public.

Perhaps these guests are just curious.

Curtis
04-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Or perhaps these guests don't know how to register. I didn't until I asked Jinn.

By the way, BDSM Tourguide, guests ARE gods (or is that dogs) and coffee is failed tea.

BDSM_Tourguide
04-29-2003, 05:32 AM
Coffee and tea have completely disimilar origins. Tea was widely used all through Asia and the Middle East before coffee was discovered in Ethiopia.

The origin of tea is a bit harder to pin down and it is agreed in the beverage community that tea may have actually evolved in three seperate regions all at the same time. It is, however, well known that by the time Marco Polo went to China, the Indians, Chinese and Middle Easterners all had tea already.

However, coffee originated in Ethiopia and was discovered by a goat herder. Originally, coffee wasn't even brewed. The coffee cherries were picked and eaten. However, it was discovered that, by eating the seeds, you could get a good caffeine buzz going, so people began to roast the seeds of the coffee cherries and eat them. It wasn't until the Europeans got ahold of coffee that the brewing process became widely known. Certainly, some of these bush people that had discovered the roasting probably had figured out to brew it already, but most reports speculate that it was the Europeans, the Egyptians, or the Turkish that first ground coffee and brewed it in water.

So, as you can see, coffee is not failed tea. It was a completely seperate evolutionary process altogether. Oddly enough, aspirin was discovered much in the same way.

And speaking of coffee, I think it's about time I had some.

Curtis
04-29-2003, 08:10 AM
My apologies, Tourguide. In the future when responding to your posts I will clearly note when one of my remarks is intended as a joke. Thank you for the history lesson, though.