PDA

View Full Version : Urine

Alex Bragi
03-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Curtis and I were discussing urine the other day - yes, really. He pointed out something interesting that I'd never given much thought to before - women tend to say pee, while men say piss.

It's interesting isn't it how subtle differences in the vernacular can change the entire tone and feel of a story.

It's like one I read the other day where the master repeatedly referred to his fellow dominant friends as 'guys' and 'you guys', for me, that just broken the whole feeling of dominance.

Alex.

slavelucy
03-04-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Alex Bragi
Curtis and I were discussing urine the other day

Oooh, you pair of old romantics!! LOL

You're right though, the vernacular can change the whole tone of any piece of writing, i'm not sure i agree with that specific example though (the 'guys' thing), depends on how exactly it was used i suppose.

Oh, i personally don't say pee or piss, but then i don't have much call to (when IS there call to say it?!?!).

sl

fetish101
03-04-2004, 11:37 PM
"I gotta go take a piss"

"piss off"

just to name a couple..alright I know the second one was a different meaning..but whatever

sometimes you just gotta let people know your intentions!

Curtis
03-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah, lucy, Alex and I are a couple of suave and classy fellows. Urine and Mayan are two of our favorite topics of conversation.

I would like to take this oppourtunity to thank Alex for spelling my name correctly. You go, guy!

slavelucy
03-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by fetish101
"I gotta go take a piss"

"piss off"

just to name a couple..alright I know the second one was a different meaning..but whatever

sometimes you just gotta let people know your intentions!

Hmmm, ok, 'piss off' i accept...but there would be about as much chance of me saying 'i gotta go take a piss' as there would be of me saying 'i've had a change of heart, i want to be the Dom'!! (i.e. no chance at all :D)

sl

Fox
03-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Peeing vs. pissing ... hmmm

Well, one can always make this into a pissing contest, but that would imply one side does not have a pot to pee in ...

I can't say that I agree with Curtis' different usage by sex ... I have male friends who have used both terms, I'm more inclined to agree with slavelucy (and not just because she is a soccer fan) ....

Real men don't say they have to take a pee or a piss.

They just do it.

:D

Alex Bragi
03-06-2004, 01:59 AM
..., i'm not sure i agree with that specific example though (the 'guys' thing), depends on how exactly it was used i suppose.

Yes, I think too it depends on the person reading it. I have a friend – he’s English – he gets totally turned off by the word ‘knickers’. He says when he reads or hears the word he conjures up ugly thoughts of big baggy bloomers. Now, when I think of knickers, I think of sexy lace that barley covers your ass.

fetish101 – Yep here in Australia it’s used in heaps of slang, although again usually by men only. E.g. Piss up – drink a lot of beer. Get pissed – to get really drunk. A pisser – something in poor taste (like this thread *gg* ).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Alex for spelling my name correctly. You go, guy!

Oh yea. Well, ha ha, I would just like to take this opportunity to say – sticks and stones will break my bones but chains will always excite me! *gg*

And Fox, you're posts always put a smile on my face.

woodsman'sgame
03-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Geez!
If I have to tell someone for whatever reason, I say, "I have to use the bathroom."
I don't go into detail.

Aurelius
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
I have a friend – he’s English – he gets totally turned off by the word ‘knickers’.

Calls himself an Englishman, but he get turned OFF by the word 'knickers'? Pah!!!;)

AndrewBlack
03-10-2004, 03:29 PM
I am an Englishman and the word 'knickers', to me, is more of a mild colloquial curse; not really an erotic word. Why, do you find it erotic?

Curtis
03-10-2004, 04:13 PM
knickers 1. loosely fitting short breeches gathered in at the knee. 2. a bloomerlike undergarment worn by women

There is no third definition in Webster's. The first definition should sound familiar, because they're also known as golfing pants (and were part of the first baseball uniforms; you knew that was coming). The second is one of the least sexy articles of underclothing ever invented.

'knickers' is short for 'knickerbockers', who were the descendants of the original Dutch settlers of New York. I can only presume that the Dutch wore pants like that in the 1600s.

rallan
04-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Yeah, "pee" vs "piss" does have a big impact on tone now that you mention it. Pee just makes it sound like good dirty fun, while piss is better for making it sound flat-out nasty.

Finding_Fantasy
04-03-2004, 12:48 PM
I say both. It depends on my mood really.

However, I remember telling TG that I was "pissed" and he thought angry...but I really meant drunk. He had never heard that term used in that sense before.

rlsk
04-03-2004, 08:24 PM
fetish101 – Yep here in Australia it’s used in heaps of slang, although again usually by men only.
Isn't there a British slang term, "taking the piss"? (Making fun of someone.)

fetish101
04-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Peeing vs. pissing ... hmmm

Well, one can always make this into a pissing contest, but that would imply one side does not have a pot to pee in ...

I can't say that I agree with Curtis' different usage by sex ... I have male friends who have used both terms, I'm more inclined to agree with slavelucy (and not just because she is a soccer fan) ....

Real men don't say they have to take a pee or a piss.

They just do it.

:D

hmm..I gotta say I disagree with ya there. Whenever I've been out to the bar with the guys it's always been the norm to just say something like "gotta take a piss" when you get up and leave for the washroom. If ladies were around, you don't say anything..but when it's just the guys, well, it's just being guys.

And as for a guy using "pee"........I don't know about that. That sounds pretty feminine to me. If one of my friends got up from the table and suddenly said "gotta go pee" I'm pretty sure we'd beat him up.

Warrior
04-04-2004, 02:39 AM
I say both. It depends on my mood really.

However, I remember telling TG that I was "pissed" and he thought angry...but I really meant drunk. He had never heard that term used in that sense before.

:eek: That's amazing! Where is he from? It's pretty common usage here in Australia.

ProjectEuropa
01-15-2005, 04:04 PM
'knickers' is short for 'knickerbockers', who were the descendants of the original Dutch settlers of New York. I can only presume that the Dutch wore pants like that in the 1600s.

Knickers is pronounced would be pronounced with a K, k-nickers in Dutch. However I speak Dutch and have never heard knickers in contemprary use and my wife (ex- sort of) who is Dutch and only heard the word when she moved to England and thought it a comical sounding. I used to have old soccer programmes from the fifties and soccer shorts were described as knicker in them.

azraelle
01-17-2005, 06:35 AM
And in the category of "If it's good enough for God..." :D

This scripture from the King James Version of the Bible is interesting (I don't have one in front of me, so I can't for sure say where it is at, the Book of Ecclesiastes comes to mind, but it may be elsewhere):

They shall drink their own piss and eat their own dung.

Alex Bragi
01-17-2005, 06:25 PM
And in the category of "If it's good enough for God..." :D

This scripture from the King James Version of the Bible is interesting (I don't have one in front of me, so I can't for sure say where it is at, the Book of Ecclesiastes comes to mind, but it may be elsewhere):

Well, I never knew that. I mean I never learnt that verse in Sunday school, let me tell you!

I think there are references to masturbation in the bible somewhere also. Abraham, I think, 'spilling his seed on the ground', and I have a feeling he that also 'knew his daughters' at some stage too.

Come to think of it, the bible contains all kinds of stories about incest rape, sex, and murder. Little wonder it's the world most read book.

;)

Cokera
01-20-2005, 09:54 PM
I personally like: Go to the restroom.

BUT

Here are a couple of others :)

bleed the liver; burn the grass; do number one; drain; drain the lizard; drain the radiator; drain the snake; drain the suds; kill a snake; kill a tree; lag; lant; leak; let fly; make; make water; nature stop; pass water; pee; pee-pee; pick a daisy; piddle; piss; point percy at the porcelain; pump ship; rack off; run off; shake a sock; shake hands with an old friend; shake the dew off the lily; slack; splash; spring a leak; squeeze the lemon; squirt; strain one's taters; syphon the python; take a leak; take a piss; take your snake for a gallop; tinkle; toy-toy; train terrence on the terra cotta; visit miss murphy; void; water the dragon; water the horses; wee; wee-wee; wet; whiz; wring out a kidney; wring the dew off the branch; wring your sock out
Not to mention
going to the necessary room.

slavelucy
01-24-2005, 02:05 AM

Yeah, there is, we say 'piss off' quite a lot...it's stronger than sod off but weaker than fuck off.

As for the whole toilet issue, personally i'd just say i was going to the loo...how very British of me! :D

sl

Sweep
05-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Don't know about the Brits but the expression is very frequently used in Australia as is "Pissed off" and "Pissed" means drunk here not angry as it seems to mean in the USA.

Sweep
05-29-2005, 10:39 PM
What about "Point Percy at the Porcelain"

geek84
06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
that's go and have a wee :D porcelain being the loo and percy being... well... do i need to spell it out :rolleyes:

Bald_J_and_F
06-14-2005, 03:12 AM
Curtis and I were discussing urine the other day - yes, really. He pointed out something interesting that I'd never given much thought to before - women tend to say pee, while men say piss.

It's interesting isn't it how subtle differences in the vernacular can change the entire tone and feel of a story.

It's like one I read the other day where the master repeatedly referred to his fellow dominant friends as 'guys' and 'you guys', for me, that just broken the whole feeling of dominance.

Alex.

We have to agree with that. We would never use "piss" in a story of ours, we would always use "pee".

gary_mendor
06-15-2005, 09:17 PM
This is a really interesting and informative thread for me. :)

In my own story, I've been rather sloppy so far in my use of different words for urine so far, but now that I think about it, my female characters usually say 'pee' and my male characters say 'piss' (I use a variety of words for both the substance and the activity in the non-dialogue parts). I should probably be a bit more rigorous about that in the future installments.

The collection of slang for urinating will also be helpful (though not as much, since that list is pretty male-oriented :)).