PDA

View Full Version : The Internal Truth

Uncle_Ed
08-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Yes-you did read it correctly-that's "Internal".

We all have that compass within us that (should) tell us what we should do, not do; believe or reject; follow or turn away.

That is the Truth Internal.

It does not need one to follow any particular religion-or any religion at all. There are certain precepts we set for ourselves, without the constraints of labels, that may define us as individuals. I like the "Still small voice" image.

The problems we face, or so it seems to me, are centred around our denial of this voice. We follow trend. We follow fashion. We follow the charismatic and the false "celebrities". We don't stop to determine if their way follows the way of our needle.

It's a simple idea. Perhaps we should all be still now and then. Still and listen to that voice.

cariad
08-21-2007, 05:28 AM
I would just like to add that I think we have corporate responsibility to each other to support people who are trying to follow that still small voice.

Thank you Uncle,

cariad

Guest 91108
08-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Excellent post Ed.
I like calling it universal truth.
I agree.. listen within and you'll find truth.. You don't have to be told.

tessa
08-21-2007, 07:52 AM
I was still and I listened.

Thank you.

tessa

John56{vg}
08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
I call it the quiet place. I thought I didn't hve one. Now as I am about to reach 51 I think I have found it. And I found it here in a kinky website with fellow believers.

I try to remember to listen to it every day.

thrall
08-21-2007, 09:42 AM
aahhh yes......to follow the beat of your own drum.......or beating heart for that matter.

Not following the crowd, walking your own path, blazing the trail of you own life.

My problem is that i have always followed my own inner voice.......It has never failed me and very rarely proves to be wrong.......

I question the voice......because sometimes the path is frightening and lonely.
It may take time.........but i listen eventually..........

Guest 91108
08-21-2007, 11:11 AM
To walk upon the path, Thrall, is most unique , rewarding and interesting.
yes, it can be scary ... and more ... but is only asked to be done by the Source when you are the one to do so.
smiles while everyone gnaws on that.

thrall
08-21-2007, 02:28 PM
LOL......then the Source needs to stop talking to me, and find someone else...................

Rhabbi
08-21-2007, 02:33 PM
The "Still, small voice" that we all here, and most of us ignore.

thrall
08-21-2007, 02:48 PM
no.......this Small voice is always loud and clear...........

John56{vg}
08-21-2007, 04:30 PM
The quiet place, the one I haven't had until now, is so loving and kind. The committee is still louder and forces me to make mistakes, but I am learning to tune them out. The path is different for all of us, methinks. Sometimes the paths cross and that is wonderful, but the path is individual.

And Ed, yes, I think you have to sometimes be still and really listen to make sure you are on YOUR correct path.

thanks all, you make me feel warm inside. Such wise people here on the forums.

pixie_dust
08-24-2007, 10:57 AM
*nods* What a wonderful place the world would be if everyone was able to slow down for a little bit each day, and just listen.....

Ozme52
08-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Excellent post Ed.
I like calling it universal truth.
I agree.. listen within and you'll find truth.. You don't have to be told.

Nah, that assumes we all live by the same compass and that's clearly not the case.

But I agree with Ed that it is far better to listen to what you know in your heart to be right than what someone with a vested interest in one of the many power structures (whether religious, governmental, or corporate) tells you to do.

Of course, that presumes you're not one of the amoral, antisocial, or psychopathic among us. But then, they only listen to themselves anyway.