PDA

View Full Version : clothes pegs/pins

ineedpain
03-04-2004, 03:30 AM
found myself on my own today and decided to wear one on each nipple. if you have never tried these, don't knock them, they really hurt! which, i suppose, is the point.

i'm going to wear them all day; i've got people coming round for differing reasons - none of them to dominate me tho - and although you can't see them under my clothes, i know they are there.

the pain? its lovely pain, its not like the instant of being spanked or anything, its constant.

i'm looking forward to today!

pain

Kelli
03-04-2004, 05:52 AM
Wow! Please let us know how that goes!

slavelucy
03-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Good on ya ineedpain!

And knock you? Hell, i wouldnt knock you, they DO hurt, you're right....take them ALL DAY?? Sheesh, you've got some bottle if you can see that through! :D

Have fun!! (er...you know what i mean! LOL)

sl

ineedpain
03-04-2004, 06:19 AM
had my visitors now! well, not 'had' them, lol!

it was a real turn on, knowing i had stuff on my nipples and trying not to let it show. i don't think any of them noticed, if they did nothing was said.

in case anyone is wondering, i've got a v baggy sweatshirt on.

i've just taken them off, i think a whole day was a tad ambitious! jeez! my nipples are just being returned to me, scuse me while i go and give them a (very) gentle massage...

slavelucy
03-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by ineedpain
[B
i've just taken them off, i think a whole day was a tad ambitious! [/B]

..but OMG do they HURT when they come off!!!

*whimpers at the very thought*

kittenfemme
03-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Ow ow ow ow ow ow OW!

I don't want to even THINK of wearing clothes pegs all day! Ow!

No doubt it was a turn on though. My Mistress had me wear nipple clamps during my trip home from work not too long ago. That hurt well enough, especially when they came off, and I was SO very wet when I arrived home!

I'm glad you enjoyed it ineedpain. I'm sure your nips loved you for the massage afterwards. :D

jaeangel
06-05-2004, 07:45 AM
You're right, a whole day might be a tad ambitious!
I have two wooden ones, and I can only wear them for an hour and a half at a time. I started out wearing them a half hour at a time, and gradually worked my way up to an hour and a half. I write, so I spend a lot of time sitting in front of my computer; that's a great time to put them on. It's also a pretty good test of my concentration.
I added weights to them about a year ago; I am presently wearing five one ounce fishing weights on each nipple to elongate and stretch them. I had a problem with inverted nipples when I had my kids, this made me unable to nurse (not that they wanted my tits anyway; both my boys wated their bottles, not me.) I love the pull; but with the weights on I can just barely make it to 45 minutes with them on. Then I take them off for five minutes, and put them back on for 30. It hurts like hell, I agree with you on that...but it's also a delicious, tingly kind of hurt! And I also wear them when I masturbate, when I'm standing in the shower (the swinging weights yank my nipples in all directions, and that hurts! I can cum just from that sometimes!

Barton
06-05-2004, 01:47 PM
It is not recomended that you wear clothpins for more that a few minutes. About fifteen. They will cause soft tissue damage. Not a good thing. Pain is fine but injury is not. Play safe.

Barton

jaeangel
06-08-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm only supposed to keep them on for fifteen minutes? They do start to throb after maybe twenty or so minutes, but it doesn't really get bad until forty-five to fifty minutes. What sort of damage are we talking about? I had my two kids, and my tubes are now tied, so I won't be using them for nursing or anything anymore, but are there other concerns I should worry about?

BDSM_Tourguide
06-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Once you cros the fifteen minute boundary, then you start to run the risks of circulatory-restrictive-related damages. After about thrity minutes, you start to run a risk of tissue necrosis around the pinned or clamped areas.

The probabilities are not astronomical or anything, but better safe than sorry I always say.

le forgeron
06-08-2004, 06:55 AM
You should worry about oxygen-deprivation of the tissue.
A long (thirty minute) block could lead to blood 'solidification' (missing the right term) and when you remove the pins, this little solid blob just jumps in the blood streams... if you're unlucky enough, it ends up in your heart coronary, or some part of the brains, blocking the circulation, resulting in an heart/brain attacks.
Death is the easy way out, but a partial disability (what about being unable to move that right leg again, for your remaining lifetime, or being unable to speak ?) is also a possible issue (and no, there is no safe-word for that scene!).
Asside from that, there is also the risk of some cangren at the pins place after such a long stop of oxygenation.
Rotting, litteraly, from your nipple is not something you might want either.

Also, lastly, if the quantity of blocked blood is of some importance (let's say you block an arm or a leg), when releasing the flow, the toxins build up in it while blocked might submerge your kidneys at once, leading to some additional troubles.

jaeangel
06-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Ooh, I never knew that...
I play with myself mostly, I don't have a Dom, so a lot of what i do may be unsafe. I had no idea. Wow. I will be more careful next time.
The loss of blood-circulatory thing, does that apply to legs too? When i was younger and i did something really bad, my mother would punish me by having me kneel for hours in a corner of the room. I wasn't allowed to get up to use the bathroom or anything. I still do it every now and then, when i've been naughty online and i know Hubby wouldn't approve of whatever I've been chatting about. I'll punish myself by kneeling with the clamps on. These rules you're talking about, do they apply to this kind of selftorture too?

BDSM_Tourguide
06-08-2004, 08:44 AM
They're not rules. They're physiological responses to stimuli.

Basically, if you cut oxygen off to an area of your body for a prolonged period of time, you take the risk of damaging that area. When you put clothespins on your breasts or clamps on your nipples, you are shutting off the flow of blood in minaturized, individual areas of your body. Therefore, those areas are no longer eceiving oxygen they need to survive.

However, the risks aren't always overwhelming. Some of them are fairly miniscule and I have never seen a published study of the actual effects of leaving clothespins on your nipples for prolonged periods of time. But in the interest of safety, the rules that govern the rest of the body should probably govern these applications as well.

Also, you asked about your legs and if anything could happen from kneeling for a long time. There is a medical condition known as DVT that occurs in patients that have been immobilized by surgery for a long period of time. DVT is a blood clot that forms in the legs and breaks loose and moves through the blood stream and into the lungs or brain causing respiratory failure or stroke. However, in instances of DVT, the time frame is usually measured in days off your feet, and not hours.

le forgeron
06-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Also, you asked about your legs and if anything could happen from kneeling for a long time. There is a medical condition known as DVT that occurs in patients that have been immobilized by surgery for a long period of time. DVT is a blood clot that forms in the legs and breaks loose and moves through the blood stream and into the lungs or brain causing respiratory failure or stroke. However, in instances of DVT, the time frame is usually measured in days off your feet, and not hours.

Agreed, but :D
First aid lessons, once upon a time, teach me that garrot, used on member never on the neck :rolleyes:, should never be maintained tightened more than twenty to thirty minutes (a quick release of a few seconds...), and when finally removing it, the release should be done gradually (or even with a more complicated pattern such as loosening then tightening back...) to at least try to avoid the burst of toxin release in the mainstream.

Curtis
10-14-2004, 09:17 PM
And on the subject of DVT, over the summer warnings were issued (again) about frequent fliers suffering from it. It seems that those 'days' don't have to be continuous, or even consecutive. The recommendation of the airlines is that you get up and walk around for about five minutes every hour while on a flight. People who fly only a couple of times a year are at very low risk, even on long flights, but frequent fliers have an 'elevated' risk, based on length and frequency of flights, even though they spend days walking around in between.

midnightsky
10-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Doesnt the same go for ice after about five minutes? where the cold will start to kill the tissue?

Maybe you could find something that doesnt restrict the bloodflow as much but still hurts (Im thinking of bobbypins that you stretch out a bit, but that might not be good either for a long period of time).

Curtis
10-15-2004, 10:39 PM
"Doesn't the same go for ice after about five minutes? Where the cold will start to kill the tissue?"

God, midnight, I hope not. I don't use ice often, but when I do, I leave it in direct contact for half an hour or more (long enough for two or three cubes to melt). Maybe that's something I'm not sensitive to, or maybe I'm just shot full of luck!

Eraser
10-16-2004, 12:25 AM
"Total venous occlusion for 10, 30, and 60 minutes showed a significant decrease in the number of flowing capillaries through 24-hour postreversal. There was a significant drop (p < 0.01) in the number of flowing capillaries from 30 minutes of total venous occlusion to 60 minutes of total venous occlusion at all times. These results indicate that irreversible tissue damage occurs in a very short time interval (60 minutes)"

Microsurgery and Hyperbaric Laboratory, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas 89102, USA

basically what this says is, if you cut of the blood flow completely for 60 you WILL sustain permanent injury. now most bondage (clams included) will cut off a large amount amount of the blood flow but not all. The 15 minute rule is a good rule of thumb because as you see above it start damaging cells at 30 minutes, at 60, there dead and gone forever, but also they will form scar tissue, which if it doesn't attach or remain attached it could float around in your blood stream damaging your kidney's or even causing a stroke or heart attack.

now if you enjoy your nipple clamps for long periods of time great have a blast, but here is my 2 cents. put them on for 15-20 minutes and take them off, its going to cause that rush of blood flow and your cells are going to refill and its going to sting ever so nicely, after about a 5 minute "breather" put them back on. This give your cells the chance to breath and refresh. Kinda like swimming, you dive underwater and push your body to the limit as long as you hold your breath, then you come up for air, gasp a bit wait until your lungs refill nicely then you can take another big breath and go back down.

Please note, I am not a medical professional this is only an OPINION. I think anyone (ESPECIALLY TOPS) should take a few basic nursing classes at minimum personally I was (yea I let it lapse) a certified EMT. There health safety and well being is your responsibility.

jaeangel
10-16-2004, 11:01 AM
now if you enjoy your nipple clamps for long periods of time great have a blast, but here is my 2 cents. put them on for 15-20 minutes and take them off, its going to cause that rush of blood flow and your cells are going to refill and its going to sting ever so nicely, after about a 5 minute "breather" put them back on. This give your cells the chance to breath and refresh. Kinda like swimming, you dive underwater and push your body to the limit as long as you hold your breath, then you come up for air, gasp a bit wait until your lungs refill nicely then you can take another big breath and go back down.

That's an interesting way of putting it. But in accordance with the guidlines people have put forth on this site, I have cut back the amount of time I wear the clothespins to a half-hour stretch with a five-minute breather.
Merrioc; in your experiments, or during play, have you come across anything about weights? How long could I wear weighted clamps on my nipples before removal withput riking permanent damage? Does the same 30-5-30 minutes apply, or should I shorten the wear time according to how much weight is applied? :confused:

Curtis
10-16-2004, 08:29 PM
I don't think the mere fact of including weights would make a difference, but if you have to tighten the clamps more (to keep them from slipping off) as a result of having to support the extra weight, then you're going to have additional damage done.

Time to throttle back to 20-5-20-5-20?

Eraser
10-17-2004, 03:39 AM
first do not go a full 30 that is WHEN damage begins you'll be damanging yourself just a little each time. cut it back to 20-25.

and weights do add to thing because now your streching out the tissue cells that have access to blood flow are pushed back so deffinatly trim it back if your using weights.

jaeangel
10-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Thanks, Merrioc! I'll remember.