PDA

View Full Version : question about subdrop

newby
08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
After my first (only, so far) b/d session, i was so sick for 2 days i couldnt get out of bed. i just thought i came down w/ a stomach bug but after reading Maddie's A is for Aftercare, i'm pretty certain it was subdrop. My Man & i did everything it says we should do...altho we did it instinctively 'cause neither of us knew anything about aftercare at that time. So if we did what we should & i still got sick, what else can i do??

Warbaby1943
08-25-2007, 04:13 AM
Not sure what else you could have done if you were well taken care of after your session. Loving care seems to be the answer to sub drop. A 2 day feeling of it afterward seems a bit long to me. Possibly you did have a bug that manifested itself when your body was in the weakened state of deep submission. Don't know if weakened is the correct word there but I hope you get my meaning.

kestrel
08-25-2007, 04:20 AM
From my own experiences with subdrop it sounds to me like Warbaby said. Not only did you experience the drop but seemed to have some kind of bug that came about during the same time. Then again subdrop is different for different folks. It could be that your body got taken so high that the only way it knew how to recover is to lay you up for 2 days. Being as it was your first time I wouldn't worry. The first time, as with most anything, is the hardest. ~smiles~

Rhabbi
08-25-2007, 11:00 AM
From my own experiences with subdrop it sounds to me like Warbaby said. Not only did you experience the drop but seemed to have some kind of bug that came about during the same time. Then again subdrop is different for different folks. It could be that your body got taken so high that the only way it knew how to recover is to lay you up for 2 days. Being as it was your first time I wouldn't worry. The first time, as with most anything, is the hardest. ~smiles~

Definately have to agree with what has been said before. Most probably a combination of drop and a bug.

BTW kestrel, I am proud of you for stepping up and offering your opinion here. good job.

Sir_Russell
08-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Rhabbi were you the Dom here?

I have a little different outlook on this, subdrop can be hard and prolonged if you went too far and are very new to this. The fact is that some feel that it isn't right, demeaning, etc. even though they crave it. Get your head right and take it slowly or don't do it.

I have made the mistake of taking a lady to far too fast and saw this up close.

Rhabbi
08-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Not this time Russell. I have seen sub drop, but never anywhere as serious as this.

Sir_Russell
08-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I didn't think so Rhabbi but I had to ask.

It isn't pretty and it is either illness at the same time or the fact that it went to far too fast.

Rhabbi
08-29-2007, 08:23 AM
I didn't think so Rhabbi but I had to ask.

It isn't pretty and it is either illness at the same time or the fact that it went to far too fast.

To far to fast would be an understatement here if there is not an illness that came about at the same time.

kestrel
08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Rhabbi were you the Dom here?

I have a little different outlook on this, subdrop can be hard and prolonged if you went too far and are very new to this. The fact is that some feel that it isn't right, demeaning, etc. even though they crave it. Get your head right and take it slowly or don't do it.

I have made the mistake of taking a lady to far too fast and saw this up close.

I have been taken too far and the result was far from pretty. It was one of the hardest things I have ever been through because not only did I drop seriously hard, I didn't know what was happening at the time and was no where near the One that caused it. I was uneducated and had no clue what was happening to me and had no one I trusted to turn to to ask about it. This is why I encourage open and honest communication at all times, it's a must and without it things like this do happen.

Arria
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Agrees.

And this is the reason why I think it better to start getting into the lifestyle with an experienced Dom if you are a sub and new at this. He will be able to recognize the signs and soften them, and maybe even more important: He will not be freaked out by your reaction, or feel guilty about having caused it.

I still have it happen sometimes, though my Dom knows how to keep me from falling too deep - still, it can take me longer than just 2 days to "rearrange" my personality/feelings to the new things I just did. And mind - we have been together for 9 years.

It might help to have someone with whom you can speak about your experiences, but in my opinion it is the best thing if the person you played with is close and has both the time and the stamina to talk about your feelings and make you feel better.

Kind regards
Arria