PDA

View Full Version : General Computer Questions, Etc.

MitchC
08-25-2007, 03:54 AM
I have a problem with my computer, and was wondering if perhaps someone would have an idea of how to remedy it. The computer itself is working okay, and I can do work online, access sites, etc, but, this morning, I clicked on something, that caused my blue toolbar that is supposed to be on the bottom of the screen, to end up on its side, with the green start button on top, and the other icons in the middle. I called Comcast, and spoke to a tech, who could not help me. He said that there is some application on the computer, that is locked, which caused the taskbar to end up like this.
If anyone would have an idea of what I might be able to do to remedy this, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mitch

annie
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Mitch...

I just duplicated the problem on my system (now only hoping the systems are enough alike that that matters! lol)

I left clicked on the tool bar and a pop up window came up that had several choices. One of which was "Lock the taskbar" which was checked. I unchecked it and was then able to pick up the tool bar and move it to the side with my mouse. After I put the taskbar when I wanted it I went back to the left click and reclicked the "Lock the taskbar."

MitchC
08-25-2007, 06:05 AM
Thanks, Annie. I have Windows XP. I'll try what you suggested, and see if it works.

Mitch

MitchC
08-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Annie, I just tried it. The problem seems to be that the bar is frozen. When I left click on, no options come up, it is completely frozen. I'm pretty sure the guy at Comcast told me to do something similar to what you suggested, to no avail. He said there is some application that locked, thats preventing the application from taking effect.

Thanks for the advice anyway,
Mitch

_ID_
08-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Have you done a restart? If you have not, power the computer down by removing the power (shut off the power strip). This will prevent any settings in appearance from being saved. As a normal shut down saves the location of the task bar, and desktop icons. If when you start the computer back up, and it is still to the side, just click on it and drag the task bar to the bottom. If this doesn't work, take a look at your task manager, there is a resources tab, see if any of the tasks are a program you recognize, one that you could shut down. Don't shut any down that you don't know what it is, many of them are required to run windows.

MitchC
08-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks, Dawg. Actually, I did do a restart, twice. I did the kind where I just shut it off at the little green button, and also did an unplug, and plug back in. No dice.
Thanks for the advice.

Mitch

Thorne
08-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Mitch,

Move your mouse OVER the Start button and right click. A short cut menu should appear. Click on "Properties" then select the Taskbar tab. Make sure that the "Lock the Taskbar" selection is NOT checked. Then, click and HOLD the left mouse button somewhere in the toolbar area and drag the toolbar down to the bottom of the screen.

Sorry if this sounds a touch condescending. I don't mean it to be, but I'm not sure of your computer abilities.

Hope this helps.

_ID_
08-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Well my next question would be to ask if you have done a back up of your system prior to this happening. If not, then that really limits the possible remedies. If you don't have a back up available, check your system restore, as that might also be available, depending on if it was enabled. Then the last thing I would ask, since you say that there seems to be some program that is preventing you from moving the task bar, are you able to use the start button? If you are, then I would say your system might have been hijacked, and you need to run a spybot search program, as well as an anti-virus program.

MitchC
08-26-2007, 03:35 AM
Thorne, I will try it. Dawg, to be honest, I dont remember if I did a system backup. I do have Antivirus. I just ran my weekly scan on Friday night, and it said no Viruses or spyware was found.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Mitch

H Dean
10-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Mitch, as thorne pointed out, the taskbar is "drag and drop". This means you can put it either in the top of the screen, the right or left side or the bottom.

What has happened is that you accidentally (or windows arbitrarily acted) put the task bar on the right side of the screen and locked it in place. As he stated, you merely have to right click the task bar, uncheck the "lock task bar" option and then left click, hold and drag. It's that simple.

MitchC
10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Dean, thanks for the advice. Actually, I have tried what you suggested, many times in the last several weeks. It has not worked. I called Comcast, and they told me that there is something locked in place, that is preventing the taskbar from moving, and that I probably need a technician. Right now, money is an issue, so, I live with it as is. I have learned to compensate for the situation with reading e-mails and such, and hope to be able to get it fixed soon.

Thanks again.
Mitch

_ID_
10-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Mitch,

I think what you have is a locked task bar. I have attached a photo that shows the option. You right click the task bar, and UN-select the option, and then you should be able to drag the task bar.

ID

MitchC
10-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Dawg, Thanks again. The task bar option is unchecked, but the thing still isnt moving. It looks exactly like it did in the picture you posted, but no dice. I think there is something else keeping it immobile. At least thats what the people at Comcast seems to think.
Thanks for the help and advice. It is appreciated.

Mitch

Domination King
12-13-2007, 09:07 PM
If this is still an issue, I may be able to offer some help. Unlike every other post here telling you to do the self same thing I have a different idea. The first thing I would do is press Ctrl+Alt+Delete (only once). It will bring up the Windows Task Manager. Look in the Processes tab and organize by User name. (To do this click the tab that says User name.) This will sort out exactly what you and running and the system is running. Most of these will be abbreviated, look for anything unfamiliar. Right click the unfamiliar item and end the processes of it. Be careful though, make sure you aren't ending something you are currently running (i.e. tskmgr - is the task manager.)

If this does not work, then try this method. Click START>Programs>Accessories>System tools>System Restore. You want to restore your computer to an earlier date. Pick something about a week before this problem started and restart. This should take care of it for you. I hope this information helps.

Regards,
DK

MitchC
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Thank you, DK. I will try this. I spoke to a tech support person at Dell the other day, and he advised me that my Windows program might have been corrupted, and have a problem. He told me to reboot the whole Windows XP program.
When I'm more awake, I will return to this thread, follow your steps, and try it. Thanks again.

Mitch

Alex Bragi
12-16-2007, 01:46 AM
MitchC, if all else fails, do what I do--restore your system to an earlier time when your computer setting were what you wanted. The tool is there on XP (Start/all progams/accessories/system tools), for little problems just like your expreriencing. :)

MitchC
12-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the advice, Alex. I will look into it.

Mitch

cadence
07-20-2008, 08:54 AM
This is an SOS problem regarding my laptop.
It is an Acer so I don't know if that makes a difference, I do know that these laptops are notorious for breaking down.

This problem is my fault entirely, I spilled pop (not a lot) on the keyboard. I mainly hit the lower board and the mousepad.

I quickly cleaned it up and turned it over to dry out. The computer did turn on and worked for about five seconds. Then it started to hang up, and I could not manipulate the mouse.

I had to shut it down, and waited a day to turn it back on again. It does turn on but occasionally beeps. The keyboard will not work at all, but I can plug in a keyboard, however it stills hangs up. I am able to use the mousepad again.
Sometimes when I move cursor to type in something, it automatically types the letter z and won't stop.

I don't know if this can be fixed or do I cut my losses and look for a new one.
Any advice is greatly appreciated

Torq
07-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Common occurance with any laptop,, the pop is sticky,, suggestion go to local electronics store and get "Contact/Electrode" cleaner, should be about $3-4 its a spray in a can. Spray to crap out of keyboard from all angles. Most of the time does the trick,,, Otherwise time for trip to Geek Squad for repair,, that will run $35-50+

Good Luck
T

~Snake~
07-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Oops! :eek:

Same thing happened with my daughters lap-top and because of the sugar
in the drink......the keyboard quickly sticks!

You did the right thing trying to clean it up (hopefully with a dry cloth) and
leaving it to dry out for a day or two.

Before you do anything else, check the warranty....if it's still in date, just take it back and put the blame on the kids! lol

If it is out of warranty and your not covered by any insurance you may need
to open it up, clean it with a vacuum cleaned...no don't put it on the carpet
and run over it.......attach the hose and work between the keys!

You can also use cotton buds babbled in a small amount of hot water, to dissolve the sugary syrupy goo that you will find.

You will also need to clean the underside of the keyboard, hence, open it up.
But if you really not comfy taking the lap-top apart....then don't.

Find a good repair shop and let them do the work for you.

Good luck....hope you get it working soon!

snake.
x

cadence
07-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the tips, unfortunately my laptop is no longer under warranty, and even if it was, it doesn't cover pop accidents.

I think I will find a repair shop and try to get it fixed up there. I just didn't want to pay to find out it couldn't be fixed at all.

Rowen
07-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the tips, unfortunately my laptop is no longer under warranty, and even if it was, it doesn't cover pop accidents.

I think I will find a repair shop and try to get it fixed up there. I just didn't want to pay to find out it couldn't be fixed at all.

Same happened to me, at work, they exchanged the keyboard, told me it was an "affordable repair".. Hope it works out

crazy_grrluk
07-21-2008, 11:27 PM

do you have accidental damage cover on you house contents insurance? if u do you can claim and still blame it on the kids

Thorne
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
do you have accidental damage cover on you house contents insurance? if u do you can claim and still blame it on the kids

Only if your insurance agent isn't a member of this forum! (Wouldn't that be a kick in the head!) Plus, the deductible on the insurance would probably be higher than the cost of repair.

It should be a relatively simple cleaning, nothing major, and certainly under $100. Get an estimate first, though.

_ID_
07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Exchanging the keyboard is a good option, and to fix the mouse problem having the touch pad removed, and using some 90% isopropyl alcohol on the tip of a Q-Tip to get the sticky will help.

One big recommendation..... DON'T TAKE IT TO GEEK SQUAD!

cadence
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM

I wish I had kids to blame things on, but like Thorne said, my premium would be ruined. It would be cheaper to buy three new ones than pay a new premium afterwards.

One big recommendation..... DON'T TAKE IT TO GEEK SQUAD!

LOL, I almost called them.

It's in the shop now awaiting assessment, rather than try and fix anything myself it's safer there. I hope it's just a keyboard replacement.

lockedup737
01-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Try and use that new stuff they have to clean LCD screens and if that doesn't work, you can remove those little plastic key covers (the part with the letter on it) quite easily and then clean the contacts under them.

JimmyJump
01-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Simply open it up and take the keyboard out to clean the micca layers and the iron plate.

There's usualy 2 to 3 micca layers with electronic connections sitting on top of an iron plate. The latter serves as a negative as opposed to the positive that's feeding the micca's connections.

When hitting any touch and the letter "z" comes up, that means that there's a false contact at that spot, somewhere between the layers of micca/iron plate...

Of course, should you be a tad technically challenged, things might look much more complicated than they really are.

There's a layer for three parts of the keyboard (left side, right side and the special touches), so just make sure you remember the order in which you took out the layers.

Good luck Cadence :)

JJ

Btw: there's no better laptops around than Acer's, xept for their shaky power supply...

Cutter
01-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi there

I tried to browse here using Google Chrome today.

Chrome didn't like the site very much. It gave me a big warning message instead of opening the page.

According to it's statistics it said that 21/67 tested pages here installed trojans on the computer. There were 40 different trojans intalling 5 new processes on the computer.

Anyone know what it's all about? Is it the banners installing trojans... if so methinks you need to slap your sponsors around.

Thorne
01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
I've been coming here to the forums for more than 2 years now, longer than that for the stories, and I've never had a problem.

That's not to say that following some of the ad links would be perfectly safe, but that's not the fault of the admins. I've never seen anything to suggest that any area of this site is dangerous to your computer.

As for the mind....

Diablo
01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
It is likely that Chrome is seeing the scripts that rotate the banners and ads as malicious and is labeling them as trojans.

Logic1
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.bdsmlibrary.com/tgp

What is the current listing status for www.bdsmlibrary.com/tgp?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 67 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 21 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-01-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-01-24.

Malicious software includes 40 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including kun-land.hu/, orzsys.cc/, 91.211.65.0/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30058 (FDCSERVERS).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.bdsmlibrary.com/tgp did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

That is what Google is saying running on Vista Pro and Firefox
Just thought that the admins would like to know

Tiger
01-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I have fixed this already.

There was a security hole in one of the scripts someone used to hack a bunch of files and insert a trojan. It didn't effect firefox users, which is why I didn't catch it sooner. I patched the hole and cleaned out all the files already. I also submitted to google to remove the warning now that it is clear. Hopefully they will take care of that soon.

All of the files that were effected were in the http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/tgp/ section of the site. It is now 100% clean and they shouldn't be able to get in again the same way as before.

I'm very sorry to our users that some asshole did this. I will keep a close on things to make sure it doesn't happen again.

annie
01-27-2009, 08:20 PM
I have fixed this already.

There was a security hole in one of the scripts someone used to hack a bunch of files and insert a trojan. It didn't effect firefox users, which is why I didn't catch it sooner. I patched the hole and cleaned out all the files already. I also submitted to google to remove the warning now that it is clear. Hopefully they will take care of that soon.

All of the files that were effected were in the http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/tgp/ section of the site. It is now 100% clean and they shouldn't be able to get in again the same way as before.

I'm very sorry to our users that some asshole did this. I will keep a close on things to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Not sure if it matters or not but I use firefox and it is still giving me the warning. (Which I understand google has to remove.) Just wanted you to know that Firefox users were effected too! (Even when I click on the link you posted above.)

Thanks for taking care of it!

Logic1
01-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Great that you had it fixed Tiger. I just got that about a minute before I posted it here so that was a headīs up.
and No worries man

TwistedTails
01-29-2009, 02:08 AM
Include error line 368

Ozme52
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM
There is a hack on MSN Instant Messenger that has accessed my IM list... and perhaps also my YIM list... and is sending MSN IM messages in my name to go view pictures. Some of these sites look like MSN sites, some begin with my name ala a blogsite or photo cache site.

Please do not open them lest the same happen to you. This is apparently not coming from my computer, the software is not running. :mad:

ffion
03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
commiserations - thanks for the warning and get well soon to your machine

(and for when your sense of humour heals... always use protection :) )

Oak
03-08-2009, 02:25 AM
That really sucks. Thanks for the warning.

MaxPayne
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
It might be from Facebook ... A lot of viruses spreading there ... Getting at least 10 mails from mostly inactive users ... Usually they appear like "Hey is this really you in this video?" or "Hey your ass looks awesome in this picture" etc ...

Ozme52
12-15-2009, 10:21 PM
It's a nine month old issue. No longer happening once I shut off MSN Messenger.

The Lord Winter
12-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I know this is an OLD thread here, but I'm gonna throw my two cents in. First off, you should never use more than ONE antivirus program on your computer at any given time. Uninstall everything else. Same thing for Anti-spyware programs. The reason is that they tend to conflict with one another and cause issues on your PC. Now, as for the quality of ADVAST and Avira and AVG, the only one I have experience with is AVG FREE and the purchased version as well, both were complete crap. I found spyware on my PC, as well as Trojans, when I switched to Kaspersky Internet Security. KIS is a full suite with firewall, anti-spyware, and anti-virus, all rolled into one nice program. And IT WORKS WONDERS. Bought Norton Security Suite right before that, and I'll be damned if Norton didn't leave some spyware and trojans on my PC because they were "Pre-existing" programs. It actually recognized them as legitimate software because they were already on my comp. Now, I know this sounds like an advertisement for Kaspersky, and in some ways... I guess it is. But I honestly cannot say enough good things about Kaspersky, because it has not let me down one single time, and pings the hell out of ANYTHING that tries to install itself on my PC.

That's just my recommendation, take from it what you will.

danman7
12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I'll chime in. I've used Avast Home and have been quite happy with it. At present, I use Trend Micro's Internet Suite Pro. There are a couple of reasons I switched. First, because it has internet filtering/monitoring/audit capabilities built in. While this isn't important for my personal machine, it IS important to give me the ability to monitor my 14-YO's internet usage.
Second, it also has some really great internet protection features over and above simple anti-virus.

In the interest of full disclosure, I received the TM ISP for free. I'm an IT security professional and was given a free copy from the vendor in an effort to get my company to purchase their product. While I don't think we'll be changing from our current product, I will re-up the license for my personal copies when they come due.

cheetahgirl2002
12-17-2009, 05:55 PM
well I did figure out I had an account on here I forgot about but the new one I made is gone. I can't find it anywhere and when I put in my email it says there is no account attached to it. I've looked through threads I KNOW I have responded to and couldn't find my response. I've also looked in areas I've made new threads and found nothing. I'm lost and confused.. perhaps I should just stick with an account I can get into. >.< I hate boards sometimes LOL.

IAN 2411
12-17-2009, 06:02 PM
The site has crashed and we are back to March 2008, things are only just getting back to normal, anything after the date i mentioned is lost.

Regards ian

angelic.zest
12-17-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21132

This might help.

MaxPayne
12-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I would like a gmail id field in the contact info
A lot many people use gmail nowaday i guess.
Also have read in some post that there have been
problems with hotmail, yahoo etc ids

Thanks

MitchC
12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
I want to start this post by publicly thanking Torq for his assistance in helping me get back into the forum.

I do have a bit of an issue when it comes to my e-mail that I would appreciate guidance on. My yahoo e-mail box is currently frozen, and I've tried several steps to unfreeze it, to no avail. Yahoo seems to be advising not to delete my account, even though they say that I can open a new one.

I cant have a password sent to my Comcast email if I get logged out, because this is what kept me out of the forum in the first place. I tried to change my forum contact from my yahoo to the Comcast email, and Comcast was filtering out the messages from the forum, as they have recently undergone changes in their "spam filter programs", whatever the heck that means.

Although I was able to get back into the forum when T sent me a password, I wouldnt be able to have one sent to me by the forum auto email if I get logged out again, because my forum contact email is my yahoo email address. Hopefully I can just use the one T gave me.

I've been told that hotmail also often filters out email contacts from the forum.

So, my question is: What should I do? Which email should I use for my forum e-mail contact, and what do I do if I get logged out again? Should I change my forum email account to the hotmail one, or see what happens with yahoo, and give the new yahoo account if I have to open one?

Any guidance that T or anyone else would have for this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mitch

One other point I just thought of: With my yahoo email box being frozen, at this point the forum technically doesnt have a "valid" email address for me, because I cant log into the yahoo account to get passwords or messages from the forum. Is this a problem?

thepast
12-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Use gmail.

MitchC
12-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks, delia. I'd have to look into registering for a gmail account. I dont have one, that I recall.

Mitch

MitchC
12-19-2009, 10:55 PM
delia, thank you very much. I just created a gmail account, and am now using it as my forum email contact. Hopefully I should have no more problems with log in, as I now have a valid email account and password.

Mitch

IAN 2411
12-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Max why do people keep the Hot mail account, i have a Yahoo e mail account and in almost 2 years i have had no problems, i also get free with it, yahoo chat automaticly, and i also have 3 gmail accounts but i only use the Yahoo. I think i am correct in saying that Yahoo is now parners with Internet explorer making it the bigest search engine on the www.

MaxPayne
12-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I had moved from yahoo to gmail around 4years ago ... have been using gmail ever since. I created a yahoo account because most of the people here were using yahoo account. But I think gmail is good (I thought it was better than yahoo, but I guess now yahoo is also good though i am not very familiar with it)

Had created a hotmail account for something related to work. Havent used it yet.

sinful_desires {Nikon}
01-25-2010, 09:14 AM
I am posting this on behalf of rosebud. Any and all help will be very much appreciated. ~sinful~

It seems that when i goof up, i do it in a major way and i'm hoping this is one mistake that can be fixed......

i went into the UserCP with the intention to delete the picture/album on my profile page and i clicked on the wrong button....one that read something about... blocking the BDSMlibrary to do something....not sure how it was worded exactly....anyway, now i can't see any Avi's, pictures, or images, as well as the buttons for "New Posts" and "No New Posts", and also the options for Edit, Quote, Thanks, etc....

i went back into the UserCP and the options to show Signatures, Avatars, and Images are checked, and was saved, but still the problem exists.

Can this problem be fixed? Much appreciation in advance for any help!

Thanks,

rosie

ps. i tried to submit this on a New thread in Tech but, even that option isn't available...

Thanks sinful for submitting this for me...hugsssss!!

Thorne
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Not sure that this has anything to do with the Library, but rather with your browser. Sounds like you may have turned off cookies and/or java scripting for the Library. I can't find anything in the User CP that would block such things.

What browser are you using? Do you have cookies turned on? Is java turned on? Can you try accessing the library with a different browser?

oww-that-hurt
01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I went in and made a new album. Got out of CP. Got back in and deleted the new album.

I went into editting my profile picture, editted it out. Got out of CP. Got back in and put my avatar back (isn't she lovely?).

I looked through options and details and saw nothing there.

I suspect Thorne may have something to look into, because I could never find a button that may have referred to what happened.

I use Firefox as my browser, in case that helps.

rosebud
01-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks, Thorne and oww-that-hurt!! Huge hugsss!

i just used a friends computer and got on the library and all was fine with their browser...i use Firefox also...so, what you said about cookies/Java scripting may be right :) Now i'm wondering :rolleyes: how does one turn on the cookies and Java?

jeanne
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
It should be in your Options list for your browser - but I'm unfamiliar with Firefox so those who use it will have much better directions.

Thorne
01-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks, Thorne and oww-that-hurt!! Huge hugsss!

i just used a friends computer and got on the library and all was fine with their browser...i use Firefox also...so, what you said about cookies/Java scripting may be right :) Now i'm wondering :rolleyes: how does one turn on the cookies and Java?

Click on the Tools Menu, then click on Options.... Click on the Privacy tab.
About halfway down is a check box to Accept cookies from sites. Make sure the box is checked, and in the option box for Keep Until: , select "until they expire." (It's not necessary to Accept third party cookies. That's generally a security threat and I leave it unchecked.)

Click on the Exceptions button and scroll down any list of cookies to www.bdsmlibrary.com. If it's listed, make sure it's set to Allow. If it's set for anything else, click on it, then click on Remove site.

That should clear it out and give you access back. If not, go back to the Tools/Options and click on the Content tab. Make sure the two Java check boxes are checked.

Hope this helps!

rosebud
01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks so much, Thorne! i did as you said...when i clicked on the Exceptions button.....it was blank, so i added www.bdsmlibrary.com and set it to allow and it didn't work....i then went back to Tools/Option and the two Java boxes were already checked.....i logged out of the Library and restarted lappy, logged back in and it's still the same as it was........ :( Huge hugs for your help and also for jeanne!

Thorne
01-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Any chance you have the Add-on NoScript? (Click Tools/Add-ons to bring up a list of add-ons.) If you do, right-click anywhere in the Library window, click on NoScript in the menu that pops up, then click to allow bdsmlibrary.com.

The only other thing I can think of is to open the library in Internet Explorer, to see if that works with the library.

One more thought. I'm not very familiar with Vista, but if you're using that there may be a security issue there. Someone else would have to help with that. I seem to recall on my dad's pc that security questions frequently pop up and it's possible you banned the library in Windows.

That's about as far as I can go. I'll keep thinking about it, though, and let you know if I come up with anything else.

Good luck!

rosebud
01-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Right now, i'm using IE and everything seems good...i see everything i'm suppose to :D

NoScript was not on the lists of Add-ons and i had Vista til about a month ago...

i still think i unintentionally, blocked the Library from doing something, though.

Your help is greatly appreciated...Huge hugssss and Many thanks!!!

xx rosie

Thorne
01-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Sorry I couldn't figure it out. But if you're seeing everything in IE then you must have done something in Firefox to block the library. Or maybe in your firewall.

Anyway, glad you can still get here.

rosebud
01-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks, Thorne! :D You've been wonderful and huge help...Hugs!!

Midnytedreams
01-26-2010, 09:36 AM
rosebud

I think what you did was take the check marks out of java ,signatures and Avs
Go to user cp
edit options
thread options make sure all are checked
think that will solve problem

rosebud
01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Thx Midnyte and big hugsss...i was hoping that was the case also but,
they are checked as i stated in opening post...i just checked again
to make sure. *sighs* Yep, they are! :D
Thx, again...i appreciate it!

xx

Thorne
01-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Thx Midnyte and big hugsss...i was hoping that was the case also but,
they are checked as i stated in opening post...i just checked again
to make sure. *sighs* Yep, they are! :D
Thx, again...i appreciate it!

xx

Did you check them in Firefox, or in IE? Might make a difference. Also, did you try clearing all your cookies in Firefox? I don't know if those settings are stored there, but it's possible.

Midnytedreams
01-26-2010, 11:25 AM
One more suggestion
You say you use firefox
when you changed your settings here you may have set the image block on your tool bar for firefox on, it will not allow images to be seen on the site if it has them to blocked this is seperate from the tools and options , it is on the toolbar itself should be to the right of toolbar with each site it has own settings, new with firefox, you may have it and not even know as update sent it to you
I didnt know I had it tried it and all avs pictures were gone from site, enabled pictures now back again

rosebud
01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Did you check them in Firefox, or in IE? Might make a difference. Also, did you try clearing all your cookies in Firefox? I don't know if those settings are stored there, but it's possible.

Hi...i looked in both Firefox and IE and they are all checked and i also cleared my cookies
as you suggested...outcome was the same as before....no change. :dunno:
Thx a bunch! :)

One more suggestion
You say you use firefox
when you changed your settings here you may have set the image block on your tool bar for firefox on, it will not allow images to be seen on the site if it has them to blocked this is seperate from the tools and options , it is on the toolbar itself should be to the right of toolbar with each site it has own settings, new with firefox, you may have it and not even know as update sent it to you
I didnt know I had it tried it and all avs pictures were gone from site, enabled pictures now back again

Hi Midnyte...i don't have that option so i'm guessing i have an older version of Firefox....
Wondering if uninstalling and installing the newer version would help?
Thx and hugssss!

Midnytedreams
01-26-2010, 11:25 PM
thre fire fox site says the files can be corrupted, if you type into google your exact problem it gives list of steps the only one left is to uninstall and reinstall on the site sorry nothing else worked

MrEmann
01-28-2010, 05:28 AM
I will try to make this in depth and brief. I have several problems with My computer.

1) I have something in the address bar I can not explain. There is a small "m" in my home page **i.e. "m.yahoo.com"** I do not seem to be able to change this no matter what.

2) I have found several viruses. I use both Norton, and Zone Alarm to protect against that sort of thing.
a) I use Dr Web Cureit to find and remove these
b) I have turned of the Restore Point.
however whenever I run the scan, the show up again.

I kinda know where these problems are coming from. My mom is using Big Fish Games, and try as I might, I do not seem to be able to stop here from returning there.

*** it's a long story, but because of health reason(hers) it was determined that some how I should be he one to keep her in My home***

So I don't want to be a prick, and shut her off from the games, but I keep getting infected Well My PC does.

Lastly about a week ago, I woke up to My mother on the computer, and looking at the "Blue Screen of Death"

I re-booted and the PC has been working reasonably well.

Until yesterday. I was on a site, and a bout every 15 to 20 minutes My PC would just stop responding. I would have to do a hard boot. Only to encounter the same thing repeatedly.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I will try to supply any more information, if I can.

Thanks,
MrEmann

theDerangedArchitect
01-28-2010, 05:48 AM
i'm fairly certain the m.yahoo thing is normal. mine is the same way. this computer i'm using is only a week or two old, and i'm (pretty) certain that i haven't picked up any viruses.

i don't know what a big fish game is, but if you think that is the problem, you have two options.

1. let your mother keep playing them. eventually, your computer will have an aneurysm and die. your mother will be unable to play big fish games.
2. cut your mother off from big fish games. you will still be able to use your computer. your mother will be unable to play big fish games.

as for viruses, they are notoriously tenacious. unless you have your HD wiped, i don't think you can completely remove them. utilizing more than one virus program might be advantageous, as well as installing a program called 'rogue remover', which can be found for free. i was having problems with my computer back in the day, and i used rogue remover. it didnt cure my computer, but at least it was something.

finally: i dont know you, and i dont really care to know your porn habits. but many viruses bypass the antivirus software because they attach themselves to JPG files. norton and zone alarm are not going to pick up on these, because the user has consciously accepted the virus into the computer. they're called 'trojan' viruses for a reason. seeing a picture on a website is like the citizens of troy looking out at the trojan horse. but as soon as you save that jpg to your hd--bring the horse into the city--well, we all know what happens then.

best of luck with your computer.

Thorne
01-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Just a few notes that might help you out.

Download SpyBot Search & Destroy (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html), from Safer Networking. It's free and I've found it to be very helpful. When installing, allow it to turn on Tea Timer. This starts up with your computer and runs in the background, notifying you of any changes to your registry. It can stop a virus from doing any further harm. There is also an add-on for Internet Explorer that can help. One feature that might prove useful is to have Spybot run at boot-up, hopefully catching the problems before they can run. It's pretty good for a free product.

Another one I've found helpful is something called Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/), another free program. Easy to use and fairly extensive. Regular updates, several times a week.

Good luck! I know it can be a real pain to take care of this crap.

Midnytedreams
01-28-2010, 08:25 AM
It sounds like you have a FAT virus , once a virus gets into the FAT {file allocation table}
it replicates and stays there most virus programs don't scan the FAT as it isn't the files on your computer but the way the files are seen and used, one byte of information corrupted and the computer can't recognize the file, the file is clean, but the way its read and processed isn't, I personally don't use any of the virus programs offered but use one from my internet provider that scans data before it even is seen by my computer.
Bigfish it is freeware has a warning on there site that they are not responsible because anyone can download and upload games to it

Back up your files, run the best virus scan and prepare to reload windows, you will have to scrub it completely clean...run the fdisk program in windows from bootup, and delete the FAT completely then build another and format the HD ... then reload windows...restore will not set the FAT back only the files.

Thorne
01-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Another resource you can use is the Norton (or McAfee) website. They have detailed instructions for removing viruses. Most involve editing the registry, which can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Run your scans and, if you do find a virus, check it out on the antivirus websites to see if it can be removed completely.

hamlet45
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I need to change my e-mail and contact information. How do I do this?

Midnytedreams
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
use user cp it has the area to do it

hamlet45
01-29-2010, 03:54 PM
thanks man

MrEmann
01-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks to A/all that helped out here. I will be backing up My files and scrubbing the system it would seem. Thanks again.

thir
02-07-2010, 04:01 AM
I take my time writing mails, sometimes looking things up etc. For that reason, I get thrown out and must sign up again. That is not so bad, but right now the system is back to throwing me out completely, so I have to look up the library again and start all over. In fact, the only way I can post is to go to a text program, cut and paste the orginal mail onto it, write my answer, and then try to cut and paste it back into original mail, which is almost impossible!

I have just lost an hour's work on this, and not for the first time. What on earth should I do?????

denuseri
02-07-2010, 07:07 AM
I ussually pull anything long that I am working on into my Microsoft Word Program where I can save it at will etc, and then when I am finnished I log back into the site and post it into the appropriate area of the forums.

thir
02-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I ussually pull anything long that I am working on into my Microsoft Word Program where I can save it at will etc, and then when I am finnished I log back into the site and post it into the appropriate area of the forums.

You have this problem too? I do that, but it is such a long-winded way of doing it, I think.

Ozme52
02-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Do you have the "remember me" box checked when you log on?

If the "not logged in" message appears, you can save your effort by looging in from that very screen... because the board buffers your submission while you verify you're a member (but not if you leave that page.)

When you say you've been tossed totally out... can you give more detail? That sounds like a problem with your own network or your internet access or the ISP server.

Lastly, an easier work around is, before posting, just highlight everything and ctl-C copy it. Then, if tossed out, you can open notepad and paste it there(or hold it in the clipboard) until you get back to the site...

thir
02-08-2010, 06:25 AM

I haven't so far, as I see it as less safe.

If the "not logged in" message appears, you can save your effort by looging in from that very screen... because the board buffers your submission while you verify you're a member (but not if you leave that page.)

That is what I am doing, and that is when it tosses me out.

When you say you've been tossed totally out... can you give more detail? That sounds like a problem with your own network or your internet access or the ISP server.

Rats!! You are probably right there, if I am the only one with this problem.
What happens is I sign in again in the box offfered and when I push enter, the Library does not come back, but just disappears.

Lastly, an easier work around is, before posting, just highlight everything and ctl-C copy it. Then, if tossed out, you can open notepad and paste it there(or hold it in the clipboard) until you get back to the site...

Actually, my pc will hold on to it until I am back in the Library - good system which I had forgotten, and forget to use :32:

Well thanks, both of you. I will work with it further, probably with this last solution.

suissepervert
02-08-2010, 08:30 AM
[...]

[..]

I had that problem too, whenn my dsl-router was set to a short time to hold it's connection and I hadn't checked that said "remember me" box. After a longer time setting the problem was gone.

btw: I always write longer posts in a word-processor or notepad, because I have lost many posts or mails when I started on the internet a long long long time ago. ;-)

monkey128
02-08-2010, 10:03 AM
I'll assume it's a known issue, but went to use BDSM tube today and it's showing there as not being any videos. Is it that the tube is some sort of donation reward feature, or was there just a crash or something?

Ozme52
02-09-2010, 12:14 AM

I haven't so far, as I see it as less safe.

Ah. But you can still log out after your session and that clears your cookies. So they only exist during your session but you're less likely to get timed out.

Belgarold
03-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Hi,

Because of some life issues I need to delete my id from the server. How do I go about this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

moco
03-03-2010, 01:34 AM
I sent you a PM on this

Good luck

Sheling
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering whether anyone knows how to block specific images on the site - namesly the NSFW stuff - a have a 4 years old wandering around for much of my day and the notion of him oggling pictures of women in hard bondage is - understandably- unacceptable.

I've got firefox and I tried block all images from the site earlier - with odd consequences. While the target images vanished, I also found that I lose avatars (both forum and chat) and - most weirdly - the "new thread" button on the forums, which meant that I couldn't post this query at all until I was certain he was asleep and not about to wander in on me as I had to unblock the images to be able to retrieve the "new post" button.

I love this site already and I don't want my use of it here to be limited to darkest evenings only by a mere technical issue. So I'm hoping that someone knows how I can block the adult content without also blocking the avatars and forum options, too.

Thanks in advance,

shel x

_ID_
03-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Most of the images that are of hard bondage are advertisements. Since you're using FF, try going to their plugin page and getting the adblock plugin. The advertisements vary from pictures to flash, so you may want to get a flash blocker as well.

Read up on how to use these so you can enable certain ones you wish to see.

Ozme52
03-15-2010, 02:02 AM
A simpler alternative perhaps... is a "Boss Blocker" type application that let's you click on an icon (say in the system tray or the taskbar) immediately displaying a spreadsheet.

Use a hotkeyed screen saver (with spongebob pics or the like) and a password to bypass it and you have the perfect privacy guarantor and can even leave the PC for a moment without fear of accidental viewage.

Pain_in_the_ass
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
I am in the same boat. How do I delete my ID?

Thanks in advance.

keyofme
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
because of personal issues I need mine deleted as well-

thepast
03-17-2010, 04:27 PM
You send a PM to Torq, the Site Admin, requesting the deletion.

That is the ONLY WAY you can get a deletion.

His_blizzard
04-20-2010, 03:22 AM
How did a brand new thread that I started last night titled "StHendo and blizz's good news" end up under an old thread of mine titled "Cabin Fun with StHendo and blizz"? It was in the forums and titled correctly when I wrote it. I always go back and check. Now it comes up under Cabin Fun with StHendo and blizz . I haven't even clicked on that one in months. Very, very odd. :confused:

Torq
04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Not odd at all running commentary threads are merged in lieu of multiple ones.

It's the same "topic" they get merged, In addition a topic of this is for a PM not a Tech Thread.

Also it's why we have the "blog" section, on running personal nature issues.

Be Well
T

brwneydgirl
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm receiving an error message when I try to view anything past the first page of the 20 Questions thread. Is this happening for everyone? Just curious.

Torq
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Thread seems to be working fine has had recent posts

T

brwneydgirl
04-22-2010, 11:56 AM
All right...are you a magician or something??? I've been trying that damn thread for a week and haven't been able to get past the first page...I just tried it again and it's fine. :)

Sorry for the trouble.

Ozme52
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
IF
user = "brwneydgirl AND
mouse_click = ("next_page" OR "page-2")
THEN GOTO
display-page-1
ELSE GOTO
display-page-2.

the_moirae
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Um, yeah. Original thread looks fine to me brwn. Dunno...

crazy dave
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
is it possable to delete a hole thread? if so, how? thankyou. crazy dave

Archeon
04-25-2010, 04:08 PM
only admins have this power, we can't do it ourselves

fetishdj
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Best thing to do is send a PM to one of the admins (Delia or Torq) and ask them nicely stating reasons why you want the thread deleted.

Even mods don't have the right to completely delete threads. All we can do is hide it from view and put it in a moderation queue for the admins to look at and delete properly.

Ozme52
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
is it possable to delete a hole thread? if so, how? thankyou. crazy dave

Might depend on which hole.... :rolleyes:

thepast
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
We do not delete threads unless there are extenuating circumstances. You can, as already mentioned by fetishdj, send Torq a PM explaining what thread & the reasons... but chances are no, thread won't be deleted.

crazy dave
05-07-2010, 09:23 AM
i am trying to learn to do things on this site by myself. is the an instruction page around here somewhere? how do you edit a post that's already posted? do not asume a know anything.
thankyou, crazydave

moco
05-07-2010, 01:44 PM
If you have gone past the time limit on editing a forum post, you have to make a request to admin to make the edit on it.

Thorne
05-07-2010, 01:45 PM
i am trying to learn to do things on this site by myself. is the an instruction page around here somewhere? how do you edit a post that's already posted? do not asume a know anything.
thankyou, crazydave

You can only edit a post of your own, of course, and there is a limited time to do so. (I'm not sure what that is. One of the mods will have to chime in with that.) But within that time frame, an 'Edit' button will be available at the bottom right of the posting, along with the 'Quote', 'Multi', and 'Quick' buttons.

thepast
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM
You have a very limited time within which to edit the post (for spelling errors, etc). Once the time has elapsed, as the members above have noted, you can no longer edit the post.

This (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25) is where you should go to read the guidelines for the Forums & for the Chat. It also has FAQ for the Chat, incl. how all the buttons & features of the Chat work. As for how the various & sundry buttons in the forums work... if you search through the Tech area, most of those questions have been asked & answered, or people are happy to help--just be specific with what you need (i.e. as you were with the "can I edit this post")--and don't post a whole laundry list of issues, and people will lend a helping hand...

As with most places, the more you browse around & utilize the various buttons & features, the more you will get to learn how they work. There is very little here that you can press & get into trouble with LOL...

noir
05-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Is there a way to save searched criteria? If not, can it be implemented?

Carpe Coma
05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Is there a way to delete a blog entry? I've got one which I don't expect I'll be getting around to finishing properly for quite a while, so I would like to delete it if that is possible.

denuseri
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
If the edit feature is still available for you on any paticular post it possible to just blank it out or l;eave the mininum character requirment.

I dont know how that works with blogs, but I suppose its similar.

Dejah Thoris
05-20-2010, 08:39 AM
What is the normal wait time for the password-reset email to be sent? Is it normal for it to take over 12 hours?

Ozme52
05-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Don't forget to check your spam folder.

moco
05-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Also remember that email addresses such as msn or hotmail have a filter on them and wont allow for it to show up and may have to be sent by admin. so If you never received it that could be the case here if you have a hotmail or live account

Dejah Thoris
05-21-2010, 08:11 AM
It is my partner that is trying to recover his password. It is a Yahoo account. It did not go to spam. He is going to submit another request.

Dejah Thoris
05-21-2010, 08:46 AM
A second try took care of it. Thank you for your helpful advice :)

MitchC
07-02-2010, 05:35 AM
I would appreciate info on how to delete a private message receipt. I'm figured out how to delete a private message itself, but I have a confirmed receipt from a message I sent to someone, and cannot figure out how to delete the receipt. Any info on how to delete the receipt would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mitch

Lazerou
07-12-2010, 01:30 AM
I was wondering if anyone can let me know how I can get in touch with the staff here. Either on the forums or on the story archive site.

I have tried all the official emails and PMing Torq but quite a space of time has elapsed and I have no joy as yet.

Do I simply need to be patient or is there a contact avenue so obvious I am missing it.

Any help appreciated.

Red Dragon {mpellegrino}
07-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Aloha

Be patient or you can of course try Delia.

Regards Dragon

Torq
07-12-2010, 08:27 AM
PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!

I did receive your PM 5 days ago PLEASE read the various threads on the board about , new Layout, story isssues ETC,

All in time, changing an E-mail addy is NOT a priority.

AGAIN PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TY

T

Lazerou
07-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Hehe not to worry. I do consider myself quite patient (seeing as it has been 6 weeks since my initial attempt). I had not received even an automated response so I just needed to know I wasn't doing something wrong.

:)

tastychococakes
07-21-2010, 07:30 PM
How do I reply to a post? I can't find a submit button!

VaAugusta
07-21-2010, 07:34 PM
You may be looking for the "Post Quick Reply" button in the bottom right.

If not, it may just be that the forums simply aren't the same since the update, and you might have to use IE.

tastychococakes
07-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks!

Ozme52
07-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Directly below right, both "reply" and "reply with quote" buttons (albeit black buttons.)

And about 1/2 page up from the absolute bottom, is a "quick reply" box with "post quick reply" and "go advanced" buttons at the bottom right of the box.

Ultimately no different that the prior version/layout of this forum.

Thorne
07-22-2010, 09:59 AM
FWIW, when working with Firefox there are still a lot of format problems. I've gotten my best results by right-clicking on the Reply (or Reply with Quote) button then clicking open in new Tab, or new Window. Close the older tab or window when you finish your reply.

I'm hoping they'll be able to straighten out the formatting problems for Firefox eventually, but if not I'll just have to live with the problems. I won't use IE unless it's absolutely necessary.

Curtis
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
FWIW, there are problems using Safari as well. As a topical example, I just tried to 'reply with quote' to Thorne, and the system allowed the quote, but wouldn't let me type in any reply of my own. I'm getting board text superimposed over the reply field, and sometimes (not consistently) hitting the space bar pages the page to the bottom and prevents me from continuing to type.

SlaveWithOwner
07-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi. Maybe i should have seen this coming but... id like to change my user name from SlaveWithOwner to SlaveWith(out)Owner. Can I do this? and how? Promise not to ask to switch back if I'm lucky enough to be claimed lol

suchaminx
07-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Hi

You need to send a private message to Torq - stating what you wish to change and the original email address you joined with.

Worth mentioning that this can take a while to complete - so please be patient

minxy

SlaveWithOwner
07-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Cheers Suchaminx, i'll email Torq - loving your username btw :D

lil ashley
08-14-2010, 12:53 AM
I've noticed several MSN bot spiders and a few Google spiders on this site. I'm not all that familiar with these sorts or "seekers". Is this an issue and should or can I do something to block my info from them? Thanks to anyone with answers to this. -ash

Torq
08-14-2010, 04:14 AM
They are of no concern. They are common to alll websites. Relax and enjoy the site.

T

lil ashley
08-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Thank You, Torq.. will continue to enjoy the offerings of this site with her mind at ease.

southern belle
08-15-2010, 12:52 AM
since the site updated i am not able to add new albums or new pics to my existing album
how do i do that?
Thanks

thepast
08-15-2010, 09:13 AM
You may have maxed out the amount you can have in your profile. If so, try deleting some & adding new ones. If that doesn't work, send me a PM & we'll hunt down a better answer for ya.

singletaillover
08-15-2010, 05:53 PM
URGENT!!!! PLEASE CIRCULATE to your friends, family and contacts. In the coming days DO NOT open any messages with an attachment called BLACK IN THE WHITE HOUSE regardless who sent it to you. It is a virus that opens a Olympic torch that burns the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus comes from a known person who you have in your list. DIRECTIONS you should send this message to all of your contacts. It is better to receive this e mail 25 times than to receive the virus and open it. If you receive a message called BLACK IN THE WHITE HOUSE even if sent by a friend, do not open and shut down your pc/laptop immediately. It is the worse virus announced by CNN. This new virus has been discovered recently it has been classified by Microsoft as the virus most destructive ever. There is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero sector of the hard disc, where vital information is stored.

Thorne
08-15-2010, 07:21 PM
According to Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/whitehouse.asp), this is a hoax which has been around for about 10 years. While there's no question that computer viruses (viri?) are dangerous, even the free anti-virus programs will stop 99% of them when used properly and updated regularly. Careful and cautious browsing habits will prevent 99% of the rest. Forwarding strident warnings such as this one without first researching them only adds to the confusion and fear. A simple check on the McAfee or Norton websites will tell you whether the warnings are real or not, and Snopes, while perhaps not perfect, is still a good resource for things like this.

singletaillover
08-15-2010, 08:16 PM
this message was sent to Master from a friend of Masters in which Master sent it to me. The person who sent this to Master opened the e mail as it was from a friend of his and his pc got affected by this virus so it is no hoax. So this friend of Masters had to scrap his pc and brought another one to replace his old pc. It is intirely up to you whether you want to heed the warning but i would if i was you just incase that it is not a hoax.

Thorne
08-16-2010, 05:04 AM
One of the signs of a hoax is that it always happens to a friend of a friend. There's rarely a direct line of attribution which can be followed. And a hoax doesn't necessarily mean that the person who sent the warning is trying to scam anyone, just that he is forwarding what he believes to be a valid warning.

While I don't doubt that your Master's friend's computer may have been infected, one of the warning flags of this one is that he had to "scrap his pc and brought another one to replace his old pc". At worst, a virus would infect the hard drive only, and the most drastic solution would be to wipe the drive and reinstall the OS. In most cases even that would not be necessary. A combination of anti-virus and anti-malware software should solve most virus issues. A trip to a local expert might be necessary some times. And at the very worst, replacing the hard drive is a much less expensive repair than replacing the whole PC.

But regardless, it's always a good idea to be careful of opening executable attachments in emails, especially if they are from someone you don't know. It's also a good idea to have a good anti-virus program running on your computer, and to keep it up to date. There's a lot of good information out there about how to protect yourself (and your computer) from malicious software. Everyone should make use of those resources.

lil ashley
11-25-2010, 03:40 AM
I just clicked "yes" for updates from Microsoft Internet Browser to interface with Windows Vista.. yeah yeah I know. MS browser sucks but it's a habit. Anyway, afterward I tried to log into this site and it recognized me (thanks for logging in lil ashley) but I could only see the main page. Could not post anywhere (denied).. tried various things but got the message "already logged in". I could read the tech page. So, for anyone who does use MS browser and did the same silly thing I did by updating, use another browser.

I sent a contact message about this issue (before trying Modzilla as a browser) to this site. Don't know if the site can deal with the glitch in the MS update. I will try to undo my update. Well, that's it for now.. ash

lil ashley
11-25-2010, 04:24 AM
I just clicked "yes" for updates from Microsoft Internet Browser to interface with Windows Vista.. yeah yeah I know. MS browser sucks but it's a habit. Anyway, afterward I tried to log into this site and it recognized me (thanks for logging in lil ashley) but I could only see the main page. Could not post anywhere (denied).. tried various things but got the message "already logged in". I could read the tech page. So, for anyone who does use MS browser and did the same silly thing I did by updating, use another browser.

I sent a contact message about this issue (before trying Modzilla as a browser) to this site. Don't know if the site can deal with the glitch in the MS update. I will try to undo my update. Well, that's it for now.. ash

Uninstalled the update and still having problems with MS browser.. maybe it was the AVG update but don't know how to uninstall that.... grrrrrrrr sorry to be a pain

_ID_
11-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Use Google Chrome with the Ad Blocker add-on.

DawnOwl
11-28-2010, 01:44 AM
I've received a friend request that I would like to decline. But every time I try to do so, I get logged out of the forums, and when I log back in, the friend request notification is still there.

To decline the request, I have been checking the box next to the person's avatar, selecting the 'reject selected friend request' option, and then clicking 'save changes'. At that point a pop up box appears with the question "Do you really want to remove these user(s)" If I select cancel, nothing happens, and if I select ok, I am suddenly logged out, and when I log back in nothing has changed.

Is there something different I should be doing?

PixieStick
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
I've been having major trouble with IE and firefox, I didn't update IE either... I'm on chrome now,hoping everything works, lol. I can log in on firefox but can't post, cant log in at all on IE...

nerdygrrl
12-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Are you clicking the "remember me" box when you log in? I'm on IE also and my login wouldn't work either until I clicked that box. You might also try deleting your cookies, cache, browsing history etc. And if that doesn't work run an antivirus and antispyware program. I use avast antivirus and superantispyware (both free).

thir
12-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I'll sorry to post this again, but it is the only way I can, as I cannot answer anything!

I can start new threads, but not answer any, either in 'reply' or 'reply with quote'.

This is what is says: You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

When I do this, same thing happens again.

I am locked out, except for new threads!????

nerdygrrl
12-04-2010, 01:07 PM
You should try deleting your cookies and internet history, and then rebooting your computer for good measure. When you log in make sure the remember me button is checked. To delete, go to where it says "Tools" across the menu bar in Internet Explorer. Then select "Internet Options" and where it says "Browsing History" click on "Delete".

MaxxPayne
12-05-2010, 06:38 AM
i believe this was posted earlier by someone else. one proposed solution was to check the 'remember me' option when you login. that way you wont be logged out until you close your browser. And if you want your privacy to be protected on a shared computer, you should delete the browsing history as nerdygrrl suggested after you logoff

PS: I had the same problem while posting this :D

MaxxPayne
12-05-2010, 06:51 AM
I installed IE9 about two weeks ago. I can enter the chat room. But I cannot type in anything at all. I cannot click on the chatbox :-|
So right now, I have lost the IE browser. Using Firefox now. But I guess if you have to post in the forums, you need to click on the "remember me" option.

nerdygrrl
12-05-2010, 10:57 AM
The very first thing people should do when their computer exhibits any strange behavior at all is do a thorough scan with both an antivirus program and an antispyware program. If you have the option of doing a light scan or a "complete" scan, choose complete. If your antivirus program has the option, do a boot time scan. Sometimes I even go so far as to install and run more than one antivirus program (there are several free options available for download and I'll talk about them at the end of this post) because different programs often catch different things.

Note: You should only have one antivirus program on at a time as they can work against each other. I don't think it matters with antispyware programs though.
It never hurts to do these scans, and even if you think your problem couldn't possibly be due to spyware or a virus, run the scan!! If nothing else, getting rid of those tracking cookies could improve browsing speed.

If the problem persists after running the scans, a great resource to use is the GeeksToGo forum. This forum is run by volunteers that spend all their time helping users fix their computers. The site has detailed malware removal guides, and you also have the option of running a diagnostic tool and posting the log on the forum. Then a volunteer will review the log and help you fix whatever problems are found. I love this site!!

They also recommend various free antispyware and antivirus programs (I've been using Avast and SuperAntiSpyware for a couple of years now myself).http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/38-free-antivirus-and-antispyware-software/

Here is a link to their site that explains how to post to their forum and run the diagnostic: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/2852-malware-and-spyware-cleaning-guide/

Just one final tip - it could make your scans run faster if you run a program like CCleaner to clean out all your temp files and cookies. Not a bad idea just for general computer maintenance either. It's a free download here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Good luck!
Nerdy

PixieStick
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I have a shared computer, no "remember me" lol. But, google chrome is working great for anyone out there who is having browser problems. =)

thir
12-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Done all as adviced, testing to see if it works now.

thir
12-07-2010, 01:27 AM
YES! Thank you, all :-))

kiryous
12-10-2010, 03:41 PM
i just up-graded my explorer to 9 and now i can't type in the chat room???? i can see everyone but when i click in the text box i get nothing....

nerdygrrl
12-11-2010, 11:49 PM
IE9 is still in beta and lots of people are reporting problems with it. If you're tired of dealing with it you can uninstall and revert back to IE 8 without losing your settings. It's very easy to do - detailed instructions can be found here: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-9-platform-preview/

You basically go into control panel/uninstall a program and then click on the link on the left hand side of the page that says "view installed updates." You should see IE9 somewhere in that list, and removing it should revert you back to IE8.

Happy webbing!

TheMiller
12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
In my iPhone Safari browser I cannot scroll down my reviews to edit them. I wanted to add more info to one. Please add at least a scroll bar for that field? Thanks.

SirLion64
12-14-2010, 08:54 PM
I want to post some bondage pics to my profile album (some of my handywork), but the file size is larger than allowed for posting. How do I reduce the file size and maintain the image quality? I've seen some great shots posted, so I know it can be done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

puppet
12-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know of a way to use the chat room with a droid phone?

_ID_
12-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I got the page to load just fine, but the text entry didn't work. I have the same issue with using the full version of some websites. The text entry didn't work for them. Something to do with the way the page renders the text entry. I tried several browsers, and the default one was the only one that would actually load the page, even though it didn't let me type.

Local
01-21-2011, 01:52 AM
o_O this process confuses me? Im at the right spot and I click the upload spot and the thing comes up.. and thats where im stuck

Local
01-21-2011, 12:34 PM
sorry, I figured it out, thread is no longer needed

Thorne
01-27-2011, 08:29 AM
I just posted a comment, in the religion and philosophy section, and was notified that it was being held for moderation. I've never run into this before, and I've been posting here for a long time.

Just wondering why the post was held up. Was it because I had a hyperlink in it? I've done that before without having the post held. Or was it just a random thing? Every 183rd post must be held for moderation?

Just curious. I haven't seen this happen before.

denuseri
01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Its up now as far as I could tell Thorne I just responded to it.

Thorne
01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Well, with over 1700 posts I hope I'm past the newbie stage. Must have been random, I guess. First time I've seen it, that's all.

Thanks, Torq.

MrEmann
02-15-2011, 02:34 AM
I need help here. I have an email account that randomly mails out spam to people. I know it is a virus, but I have no idea how to find it or remove it.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

-Mr.E

Dick the Slaver
02-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Make sure your antivirus program has the latest updates then run the program.

_ID_
02-15-2011, 06:35 AM
Your email account; Is it a yahoo msn or gmail, or some other online account? If not, and the email comes to you from your internet provider, and you use outlook express or outlook to check your email, ensure your anti-virus is updated, and do a scan. Also run malware bytes, it's a free program.

If you're using an online account, change your password.

Thorne
02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
If you're using an online account, change your password.
You might also consider changing your browser settings so as NOT to save your passwords. While this might be convenient, it's one more possible area of threat.

moco
02-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I need help here. I have an email account that randomly mails out spam to people. I know it is a virus, but I have no idea how to find it or remove it.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

-Mr.E

You might try going to this link:( if you have gmail)

http://knol.google.com/k/the-c-man/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised/3p9k5zywla4ku/7?pli=1#When_you_reclaim_Your_Account

also ...even though you may have resecured your account, they could be working off a copy of your contacts list and not even be in your account anymore. just something to keep in mind

swerve
03-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Are you sure the emails are going from your account? How do you know?

If you know there is a problem because your friends are complaining, it could simply be that your address has been harvested from someone else's PC, or from an email you may have ill-advisedly replied to once (one of those viral messages that do the rounds from time to time would do it) and the emails now being sent have spoofed headers which make it look like they have come from you, when in fact they haven't...

MrEmann
03-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I have an occurring problem I keep running into in Fun and Games. I post something, and I get a message like "thank you for your post. It will be added to the forum upon okay from a moderator" (I forgot the exact wording)

The problem is I cannot figure out why. I'm not posting outside links. I'm not complaining about the set, the forums, the members, or the management. I'm just playing along with the games.

Here is an example. I was playing "Two Words", I think, and I posted good sex (might have been hard sex) ...Which had to be approved. So I posted it as good s e x *i.e. a space between each letter of the word sex* and that was accepted.

I'm just wondering what the parameters are for the warning. There is far "worse" *** worse being a subjective term here***posted there on a daily basis.

Now I am not suggesting that there be any censorship, or anything like that. Just want to know what I am doing wrong. Am I on a list? A secret probation I don't know about?

rosebud seems to think this may have been covered already.

rosebud
03-24-2011, 09:03 AM
As i thought, and with a quick search, here it is...
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php/24633-Post-held-for-moderation!

MrEmann
03-24-2011, 02:16 PM
I should think I would be past that stage as well. Maybe it's My sporadic attendance that leads to this.At least now I know why this is happening. Thanks rosie.

MrEmann
03-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks rosie.

peach
03-24-2011, 09:04 PM
It is just completely random. I think i have had it happen twice. If you post more in fun and games, you are probably more likely to see it more often, as you post more than people in the topic threads.

rosebud
03-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks rosie.

You're welcome!

prometheus
04-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Sorry I'm a bit of a dunce with the old computer stuff, could anyone tell me how to upload an avatar/profile picture please?

prometheus
04-14-2011, 05:11 AM
Ok sorted it thanks, easy when you know how! Doh

denuseri
04-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Ive been seeing a lot of new mebers who have these wondeful colorful and unique profiles they customized and my onwer mentioned I should perhaps spruce our profiles up accordingly and I was just wondering why is it that the customization of one's profile isnt an available feature for myself and some others?

Ive looked through the available settings and found information on customization that when clicked on responds with a message that the feature has eaither been restricted from my own use by administration or is not available for an unidentified reason.

Any help or insight would be great thanks.

denuseri
04-15-2011, 04:11 PM
lol, Never mind delia just showed me where the button is in chat.

FYI for anyone interested its in the far right and subdued just above the visitor messages on your profile page.

babygirlE
04-16-2011, 12:34 PM
i need to change my title name but i dont know how can someone help please?

karley
04-16-2011, 01:02 PM
There's a thread around here somewhere telling you how to do it. In the tech section I think. Something about contacting an admin.

denuseri
04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php/20054-Name-Changes-amp-Tags

Here is a link to the thread about name changes :

babygirlE
04-16-2011, 02:50 PM
thank you denuseri!! you are so kind:)

sweetlynaughty
04-20-2011, 09:25 PM
http://<p><a href="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/"How do insert a picture/photo in vistor message on my friend's profile? When I insert the hyperlink it never shows the actual picture, see...

lexora
04-20-2011, 10:01 PM
why... why is the html code in the link? http:// is the start of the link then <p> and <a href=" is a html codes <p> is paragraph and the rest is the hyperlink code...

Austerus
05-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Did there used to be preview thumbnails for attached images? For some reason I remember not having to follow a link for each image. Did they used to appear inline? Should they still, and am I using an incompatible browser?

Ozme52
05-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Yes. The previous version of the software automatically showed thumbnails of uploaded pics. It's either not available in this version or else it must be a lot of work (or bandwidth taken) to enable them.

I peruse far fewer pics than I used to check out.

THE Traveller
05-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi there,
I was trying to post to my thread with photos but it doesn't show up. And when I try to post again I get the warning that this post is a dublicate yet I still don't see my most recent post.
I posted to my bdsm art thread as well and it shows up but my photo post does not. Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thanks.

Julian

Taylor.M
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm trying to delete my profile as I have found and.fallen in love with someone special.

Austerus
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
This isn't a direct answer, but I'd recommend leaving your profile up and keeping a presence in the community. Update it to say you're proud to be unavailable and continue to get support and fellowship from the other people here. Dropping off the grid isn't all it's cracked up to be

*shrug* .02

Taylor.M
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank you but I still hope to know how.

rosebud
06-03-2011, 05:55 AM
You need to send a PM to Torq, hun and he will take care of it for you.

i wish you the best in all things but, hope you stick around, also!

Congratulations! :)

IAN 2411
07-08-2011, 02:00 AM
JAVA

Just a word of warning, over the last few days I have been getting problems with posting and messaging on Library. Apart from kicking the computer out the window I did all I could to solve the problem. I spoke to others that were getting the same problem so it wasn’t my incompetence that let it go on so long.
Last night before going to bed I placed my computer in a full scan that normally takes about two to three hours. Problem is now solved.

I have had two Java updates in the last week and in the first were a trogon and two viruses.

In the second there was another trogon and three viruses.

By allowing the updates I inadvertently let them in...Be warned.

Be well IAN 2411

Thorne
07-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I remembered getting a Java update within the last week, too. Only one, though, not two. So I ran my normal AV Scan (Norton), and just finished running Malwarebytes and Spybot scans as well, and no viruses.

I'm wondering how you determined that the problems came in with the Java updates? I know the site has been having problems and they seem to have been fixed, coincidentally, at about the same time you're problem was solved. And I've never had a problem with official updates from reputable companies, except Microsoft. And those are usually just bad updates, not viruses.

I'm also curious about whether you allow the updates to install automatically. I'm a suspicious cuss, so I have things set to inform me when updates are available, then I do a manual install. The only thing I have updating automatically is my AV.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it straightened out. I know from experience what a royal pain in the neck it is to have to deal with that crap.

IAN 2411
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM
The virus scan i have pinpoints the source and it told me in big red letters the following morning. I was informed of the update and i allowed it to do so by giving the command. A few minutes later after loading another came and i did the same again thinking it was a back log on my computer. Then things started to go down hill fast after about an hour. The thing was i was getting the same problem on a fishing forum as well and that cleared up at the same time.

Be well IAN 2411

Thorne
07-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I have to agree, it sounds like those updates did it. I'm surprised the virus scanner didn't catch it in the update itself. Or at least in the installation.

Like I said, I received ONE Java update, not two. And no problems other than those on the site.

I don't know which AV software you're using, but you might want to check the particular viruses you found to make sure there isn't anything else you need to do. Many of them require some changes in the Windows registry, in addition to the AV cleanup. If you're using Windows, of course.

sexyslave69
08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Hello,anyone know how to change/edit your profile? I wanted to add a few things to mine but I have no clue how to do it.Any help will be great:) Thanks

Babybird
10-07-2011, 09:08 AM
HI. I just joined and I have received a few PMs, but every time I try to access them it takes me to a page that says "Database Error". I can't view mine or anyone else's profile either, I get the same error message. I've tried 3 different browsers and that didn't seem to help.

Thank you!

Thorne
10-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Babybird,

Seems to be a problem with the servers. I'm having the same problem today. I'm sure Torq will be working on it as soon as he can. Patience is the best advice for now.

sub_sequent
10-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi.
Please help! I have not been able to access my pm's or profile either. The rest seems to be pretty much o.k.
Thanks
Vicki

thir
10-10-2011, 02:44 AM
That is the question, really. First time this has happened - does anyone else have this problem?

rocco
10-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Yes. Im having this problem too thir. But........Torq i believe is working on it.
all you have to do for the time being is delete all history from your tool bar. it clears everything i know, but thats all i can suggest for now.
i just look at it like this, im here, but im not!!! how weird is that!!!

thir
10-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes. Im having this problem too thir. But........Torq i believe is working on it.
all you have to do for the time being is delete all history from your tool bar. it clears everything i know, but thats all i can suggest for now.
i just look at it like this, im here, but im not!!! how weird is that!!!

Thanks rocco, I'll try that for the time being.

Venom
10-10-2011, 11:20 AM
I could not log out (still can't) nor open my profile site. The profile is working again now, so I reckon the log out problem is soon be dealt with, too.

Ceight
10-11-2011, 09:09 AM
E-gad. I really want to log out! I like my privacy! Help!

(And I tried clearing my history. That didn't make any difference.)

thir
10-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Thanks Torq

Barbara4
10-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Dear Torq,
As of this message I still can't log out. Ikeep getting the 503 error. Am I the only one still having trouble? If it's still being owrked on that's fine & I'll be patient, Iknow you are doing your best. I just didn't want ot be the only one left out of the loop. Thanks for all you do & hope the problem will be fixed soon. Thanks.

ksst
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm having the same thing. We were going to try to get an account for my husband, but I can't get out of mine. I can't find a gear thingy on the 503 error message.

ksst
10-27-2011, 05:10 AM
The blogs have been spammed by ads today.

ksst
10-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Merci!

SirStef
11-12-2011, 07:20 AM
for at least a month when I try to log out I get a '503 error', that's all - can't log out ! Same result ( 503 error ) when I delete from history or favorites.

SirStef
11-16-2011, 08:07 AM
two of us use the same computer to access the library. One of us can't log off so the other can log in. Suggestions please. -S

SirStef
11-16-2011, 08:45 AM
the procedure got me logged out, thanks. Losing other passwords and cookies just a minor inconvenience - no biggy. However, when I logged beck in to the library I was stuck again! Having to do this procedure every day, then having to enter all my other passwords and cookies seems a little much. Seems that somehow the problem's at your end. -S

Inspire
11-16-2011, 09:16 AM
A suggestion for two people using the same computer: use two different browsers. That way, you don't need to delete all the cookies everytime you want to log out.

Also, using the Incognito or Private browsing option in the browser helps for logging off easily. No cookies or history is saved using those options. So when you close the browser, you are automatically logged off.

ksst
11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
What is another good browser to use besides Firefox and Internet Explorer? I couldn't log out and don't want to lose my marks/cookies, but could try another browser. IE makes the forum look really odd and I normally have Firefox.

Inspire
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
I use Google Chrome. It is a very easy-to-use and fast browser.

Thorne
11-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Just a thought, but I know with Firefox it's easy to allow the use of Session Cookies with individual websites. That should log you out of only those sites without losing the cookies from other sites, I think. Session Cookies are deleted when you shut down the browser.

Frances
02-18-2012, 04:25 PM
How do I add contact information in my Profile Settings?

Inspire
02-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Frances,

To add contact information to your profile:

1. Log in (if you have not already done so)
2. Click on Settings in the top right Menu
3. Click on Edit Profile. It is on the left side of the page.
4. Fill in all of the appropriate fields
5. Click on Save changes

Note that the information you put on your profile can be viewed by all members.

Good luck.

Inspire

MrEmann
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Alright. I have an ICQ toolbar, with a redirect, and an ask toolbar. I do not use either of these. I do not want either of these. How do I get rid of both of these. Neither of which I recall installing.

Frances
02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi Frances,

To add contact information to your profile:

1. Log in (if you have not already done so)
2. Click on Settings in the top right Menu
3. Click on Edit Profile. It is on the left side of the page.
4. Fill in all of the appropriate fields
5. Click on Save changes

Note that the information you put on your profile can be viewed by all members.

Good luck.

Inspire

Very helpful, Thank you. Frances

Thorne
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
They're add-ons. You can uninstall them through the Add/Remove Programs app in Windows Control Panel. (It's called Programs and Features in Vista & Windows 7). Or you can simply disable them by going to Manage Add-ons in the Tools menu (just Add-ons in Firefox.)

rai
05-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi Sir Torq! I dunno how to PM you in the forum so i just started a new thread.. I got a problem with my profile visitor's messages, which i already deleted but after i deleted it, it says on my wall that the msg was deleted by me but the name of the sender is still there. hope you can help me..tnx!XD

Cheers!XD

rai
05-20-2012, 12:41 AM
So, what can we do now as i really want to delete those. Or do you think i can just leave it alone?? Thanks!x3

rai

nightkitten
05-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Posting this message for Vicmal96 (from South Africa):
She hasn't been able to access for almost 24 hours
If you are aware of the problem then she will wait patiently but she just wanted to be sure that you knew she was having a problem. The messg she gets is http failure 500. Internal server error. She knows that people from other countries have also struggled to log in but it is sorted out now. If you are aware of it she will wait patiently.

lil ashley
05-23-2012, 03:01 AM
problem resolved for me.. thank you tech team!!!!! (even if it's just a temp fix)

sub_sequent
05-23-2012, 05:36 AM
And thank you from me too:) So nice to be back.

jules
09-02-2013, 04:35 PM
For some reason i seem to have started getting inundated with emails regarding posts on forums.. i have been into my settings and unsubscribed to everything, yet still getting them. This has only started in last 24 - 48 hours and is causing me some problems keeping up.

i also got several emails telling me i had new friend requests.. but these were actually old ones from when site first came back.

Please can you advise

jules
09-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Thank you,
You are correct Torq, they are old mails.. wow! what a lot of them. They are still coming through now, but on the positive I am now only a month behind. I knew all those fun forums would come back to haunt me. LOL

MrEmann
09-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Why is it the site keeps making me log back on? Never used to do that. What's up with this?

Crushers Rose
09-18-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm not the site tech, Sir.. but, if I may, have you checked the little "remember me" box when you log in? I know mine will sometimes do that if I haven't checked it.

I keep getting kicked out too, but in a different way. I'll attempt to refresh the screen, and it will time out and give me a white screen with an error message on it at times. I should make a point of copying the error message at some point to see if others are having the same issue. It seems to be happening less often, but it's still happening. When it happens, I've noticed if I wait a bit and refresh again it will come back.

Marlene38ee
02-05-2014, 07:00 AM
I don't mean to be a pain, but my friend's been waiting a couple of days, and he's wondering if he's going to be approved, or if the Admin has gone on vacation, or if his email is messing up...
He's checked through his entire email, including the spam bin and such, hence why I am asking on his behalf.

Please help?

chipmunk_
02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
I signed up a few years ago, but I don't recall any approval process. I believe that I had to click a link in an activation email and that was it. Perhaps your friend could try again?

Marlene38ee
02-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I signed up a few years ago, but I don't recall any approval process. I believe that I had to click a link in an activation email and that was it. Perhaps your friend could try again?

TY!! I meant 'activation email' but I was exhausted when I wrote the above. :)
I'll mention it to him, and also to try something other than his yahoo email...that one is flagged by SO many sites as a 'bot nest' and spammer paradise.

51ut4u
12-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Hello A/all,
i was wondering if A/anyone would know what settings are wrong, that my computer will not access chat or any streaming video feeds?
Thanks.....
-m