PDA

View Full Version : Story Challenge

Fox
03-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, start your keyboards!

The 2nd story challenge is now underway.

See the announcement page for rules and deadlines ...

Happy Writing!

Powerone
03-20-2004, 12:01 PM
OK I give up. Where is the Announcment page. I looked all over and can't seem to find it. If you are going to annouce a new story contest, why not just put the link to it. Seems easier to me.

P1

fetish101
03-20-2004, 12:06 PM
press home up in the upper right, it takes you to the story update page. Right at the top above the new stories there is a link.

redEva
03-20-2004, 02:05 PM
It is right on the front page of the BDSMLibrary but here:

BDSM Story Challenge (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/contest/)

c'mon we are waiting

Fox
03-23-2004, 07:42 AM
The story challenge judges have been asked if there is leeway in the use of the "first paragraph" as presented in the story challenge. We have discussed it, and are unanimous in our decision.

The purpose of providing an introductory paragraph as the theme to the story contest is to challenge the creativity of the participating writers.

It is deliberately short and deliberately ambiguous - the writer can take his or her story in almost any direction. The writer must also be true to the first paragraph - and therein lies the challenge.
Do you write about horses? About passion? About the dream? About what has happened to cause a dream of passion? Is the "dreamer" male or female? Young or old? Rich or poor? Happy or unhappy? Dom or sub?

You tell us.

The decision of the judges is: the introductory paragraph must be used as is. What you do after that is up to your imagination.

Good luck!

GaryWilcox
03-23-2004, 07:49 AM
Can the opening dream narrative be used as a quotation, i.e. as dialogue, as long as it retains every word in correct order?

HarryBerg01
03-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Does the opening paragraph count toward the 6,000 words?

redEva
03-23-2004, 09:03 AM
If the opening paragraph is what would get you over the count - we will not be that picky!

sooo… that would mean that we will accept stories with maximum word count of 6062 :D

Fox
03-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Can the opening dream narrative be used as a quotation, i.e. as dialogue, as long as it retains every word in correct order?

So long as you are not bending the rules ... and it remains the introductory paragraph to your story ...

Remember: one of the criteria we will be using in the judging is how effectively and creatively you have worked with the introductory paragraph, just as in the first contest we considered how you related your story to the picture provided.

Curtis
03-23-2004, 01:55 PM
I think I know what Gary's getting at. Fox is saying that the paragraph can be used as dialogue, AS LONG AS IT'S STILL THE FIRST PARAGRAPH in the story.

Morrighan
04-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Okay, where did the list of stories go? I read some that had been submitted (authors' names deleted) a few weeks ago, and there were two that I liked and wanted to read again. Are you holding all the stories until the end of the contest?

Morrighan

redEva
04-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Okay, where did the list of stories go? I read some that had been submitted (authors' names deleted) a few weeks ago, and there were two that I liked and wanted to read again. Are you holding all the stories until the end of the contest?

Morrighan

YES it is gone. Judges have decided to hold off posting of the stories till the deadline (April 30) as to avoid hampering any potential contestants ideas.
Sorry about that, Morrighan and any other readers that were eager to read new submissions.

The stories will be posted right after the submission deadline - so you will have chance to read them before judges finish voting.

Carmenica Diaz
04-26-2004, 03:44 AM
I'm interested to see the stories - it's not an easy task.

rlsk
04-30-2004, 08:10 AM
So when do you stop accepting submissions? Midnight EST tonight?

Can we get an extension if we have to work then? *wink*

redEva
04-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Today is the last day for submissions - sorry no extensions! All stories will be posted shortly for readers pleasure.

Contest results will be announced as previously stated: MAY 22nd.

Good job Ladies and Gentleman - we are very impressed with the results!

Curtis
04-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Yes, but I think her point was that the deadline has already passed in Australia, while it'll be delayed several hours in Alaska and Hawaii. Midnight in what time zone, red?

redEva
04-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Jinns! :D

Curtis
04-30-2004, 01:30 PM
I like this Avatar much better than any of the 'devil' ones. Sweetums, we don't know what time zone Jinn lives in (though I've always had this suspicion that he was in Pennsylvania, which would be the Eastern).

rlsk
04-30-2004, 05:34 PM
By an extension, I meant maybe an hour, not a week or anything. ^_^ But I'll do my best to get it in by midnight EST.

redEva
04-30-2004, 05:36 PM
I like this Avatar much better than any of the 'devil' ones.
oh sweets, you missed my classy self? well just for you than ;)

Sweetums, we don't know what time zone Jinn lives in (though I've always had this suspicion that he was in Pennsylvania, which would be the Eastern).
me neither :rolleyes:

redEva
05-04-2004, 02:50 PM
All stories are posted for your pleasure and review - please let us know what you think of the stories :)

Read contest stories here (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/stories/author.php?authorid=996)

redEva
05-05-2004, 05:28 PM
OK that is just not right!
How come, there is so many excellent entries, so many amazing stories and so well written? How are we supposed to decide who is the best when almost all are greatest! :confused:

redEva
05-24-2004, 05:03 PM
And another contest is over, and we again have winners and those who missed first places by, oh so slightly.

Thank you all for participating. It is great so see people taking interest and participating. It was wonderful seeing how many different roads can one take, all from the same beginning, and in the end – all roads lead to Rome – or to the BDSM library (corny I know lol)

Anyway, see you and more of you next time, same place :)