PDA

View Full Version : AOL users: please read if you can't login

Tiger
09-03-2002, 06:24 PM
It seems that some aol users have problem to login: the user is asked for login repeatedly when he/she tries to access functionality for users only. If you use AOL as your internet service provider or if you are using an AOL browser provided by AOL, please follow these instructions below!

1. you will have to get on the internet as usual
2. and then minimize your AOL browser
3. Click on the Internet Explorer icon and use Microsoft's browser to continue with your online browsing.

The problem is that AOL has a large proxy server farm and it runs its users through the proxy and therefore changes IPs on each access, thus preventing the user from keeping the same session.

Please contact me (webmaster@bdsmlibrary.com) if you still have trouble to login.

Jinn
the webmaster

LadyLibra
09-04-2002, 01:56 AM
Thanks, i guess thats why i had decided to try filling out offline & submitting the review form :D

veru_skjava
09-09-2002, 12:16 PM
:) Jinn Sir:
thank You for clarifying, as you know i had written to you about this when i had to get a new hard drive. I discovered the IE fix by sheer accident, and appreciate the clarification.

with appreciation,
veru skjava

Tiger
09-09-2002, 01:11 PM
I just checked that out of the over 7000 members, 822 of them are using a aol.com email address. I don't want all of them leave just because of a dumb auto-upgrade from aol.

For now, I still can't fix the problem with the aol browser. So please use the IE browser, instead.

For the webTV user, the old webTV browser don't support cookies. So the only way to fix that is upgrade your browser, or use a real computer before the TV kills your eyes. FYI: TV has very low resolution: 320x240, while computer monitor can go to 1024x768 easily with a 17" monitor. TV has a low refresh frequency: 60Hz, while a monitor can go up to 85Hz without problem. So buy a computer, for your eyes, if you need an excuse for you health.