PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Wax

Mita512
03-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to give yourself a Brazilian wax?

I usually go to a day spa but it's costing me $50 plus tip/month--pretty pricy for a poor college student. I would stop, but it's sorta become an addiction now.

It would be cheaper and easier if I shaved, but I've heard too many horror stories about the razor.

My hair is pretty fine from all the waxing so I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard (or painful!). I'm mostly just wondering how to do the back part.

redEva
03-16-2004, 06:37 AM
It is possible – bit awkward on the back side – but you are young and limber! Try it, the worst thing that could happen is it does not go, you wash up and make appointment.

When I was doing it to myself – I found the worst part to be the fact that you start sweating from the whole exercise and that makes it harder for wax to stick…

Not sure what to recommend for that – cause I did not find the way around it. An advice I can offer though – make sure you have big towel to sit on – it takes time and you will make mess.

Good luck J

GaryWilcox
03-16-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Mita512
Does anyone know if it's possible to give yourself a Brazilian wax?

I usually go to a day spa but it's costing me $50 plus tip/month--pretty pricy for a poor college student. I would stop, but it's sorta become an addiction now. For a long time now, I have made a personal commitment to myself. When I next enter a relationship, I will get waxed or shave with her, to her pleasure, as a gesture of solidarity.

I figure, considering it's a bit of torture, I can at least share that with her. Considering all the things she does to look nice for me...

Hell, her new shoes alone deserve that.

Mita512
03-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by andibabe
ouch....waxing my eyebrows hurts! can't imagine doing it there.

it's not really bad.

the first time, however, hurts like a mo fo. take some ibuprofen or advil before getting waxed. that's what i did. it helps with the pain.

the second time feels like a walk in the park compared to the first. since it is waxing, you have to expect a little pain but it's not so bad.

then it just gets progressively better until you you're just used to it. plus, your hair will be finer so they won't have to wax as much.

try it. you won't regret it.
:D

acissej
03-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi Mita,

I once attempted to give myself a bikini wax, but was not at all successful. Then again, I don't know what I was thinking since I have trouble just tearing Band-Aids off. I've heard the Poetic waxing kits (definitely available at www.sephora.com) are good, but I can't personally vouch for them.

-acissej

Barton
05-29-2004, 11:19 PM
After helping Kats use this brazillian wax, I will tell you. That stuff is certainly sticky. And very messy. It also seemed to be very painful, if Kats screams were to be believed.

But it sure does work better than anything she has used before.
Not a very user friendly product but worth the effort.
Barton.

Alaric
05-31-2004, 02:36 AM
We got this kit:

http://www.hair-removers.com/brazilian-pot-wax-warmer-kit.html

And before using it on pet, I did myself. If you have been going to a spa and getting it done, then it shouldn't be any problem. I was able to grin and bear it, but I could feel exactly what was going on, and so that likely made it better. With pet, she didn't like it so much. But self waxing is not that big a deal.

Katmandu
05-31-2004, 05:42 AM
Hmmm, Alaric, I wonder. Did you use it on yourself in a sensitive area? Like, on/around your balls? If not, then how can you say it's no big deal? :confused: I've been waxing with strips, and each month hurts just as badly as before.

This past week, however, I got the Brazilian wax kit so I could go further than just my bikini line, if you know what I mean. I have 1 word:

OUCH!

It hurts so badly, I actually scream! (And I'm a tough old broad, I never scream---even during childbirthing!!)

As it stands, we are doing only 1 or 2 dabs a day during the week, because I can't handle more at any given time.

SIGH! My kingdom for a creme that would actually work..... :o

Alaric
05-31-2004, 09:05 AM
Katmandu,
I meant in the mechanics of it. She said she has been getting it waxed for some time, so the pain won't be the problem.

As for your other question, no, I didn't use it on my balls. The problem there is that there has to be some skin tension, and I just don't see how you could get enough there. The other thing is that softer/more tender skin will rip up a little more easily, and there isn't so much hair that that an electric razor is too bad.

The diciest sections were right at the base of my penis, and as mentioned above, an erection was required to get the skin tight enough to not be diastrous.