PDA

View Full Version : Unlurking

Polaris
09-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Well, hello everyone :) This is a bit strange because I've been around, silently lurking, for a LONG time...the questions that brought me here at first were "how to tell your presumably vanilla partner that you are not that vanilla" and later "how to bring out the dom in your stubbornly insisting he is vanilla partner"...yes I know, it happens so often it's already cliché. I really liked this forum right away, and the chance to at least read about all these things that didn't have any more space in my life (or better said in his) and stay in touch with the submissive me who I was beginning to miss awfully, kept me around. Said vanilla man was who prevented me from saying hello to you all earlier, as well (nono, it wasn't my fault at all! No way!). I believe his pretty exact words regarding BDSM as a whole were "Stay the fuck away from it or I'm gone." along with some other nasty things, which I won't repeat because it will make me go all bitter and launch into a BIG rant. He left anyway. Means I am now free to do what I should have done much earlier and unlurk, wave my hands furiously and say hi to you all! :wave:

So, a bit about me...hmm. I'm 25 years old and a student of English and American Studies, which I absolutely love and which is, asides some more obvious things, my big passion. Toying around with language all day is a dream come true, a dream that I didn't know I had until it was fulfilled. I don't have any unusual hobbies, or any unusual abilities -- so I don't really know what I could write about that :)

I found out that my sexuality was a bit different to what is perceived as 'normal' usually when I was still pretty young. Back then it of course freaked me out. Big deal. More specifically I ran away from it as fast as I could and promised myself to never touch it again. It was a few years later that my then-boyfriend and I figured out that we were quite conveniently two different sides of the same coin -- how I don't actually know, but I'm really happy that it did happen. So, to cut a long story short (this is going to be a monster post anyway, making up for lost time here, hehe) I have a few years of experience in the lifestyle, but I didn't have a great many partners during that time...I don't consider myself as amazingly experienced, either. I'd say I'm somewhere between newbie and knows-a-few-things-newbie. ;)

That, and I get carried away when I write. When people moan that an assignment has to be 1000 words long I'm the one with the desperate look on her face saying: "Only? Oh gosh, I'm doomed." I guess you figured that out by now. But I'm just rambling here...I hope that I'll manage to be somewhat of an addition to this wonderful community and am actually looking forward to participate a bit more actively on here than I used to. Hugh, I have spoken. :)

angelic.zest
09-20-2007, 06:30 AM
hello and welcome to the forums! lovely intro

Euryleia
09-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Welcome out of lurkdom. May you find all you're looking for.
ER

crazy_grrluk
09-20-2007, 06:45 AM
lmao...good to see you unlurking

cg and S1

Rhabbi
09-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello and :welcome: to the forums Polaris. Nice to meet you finally. Ever think about joining the Writer's Block?

Flaming_Redhead
09-20-2007, 09:09 AM
:welcomebo

Pertez
09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Welcome :wave:

cariad
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Waving my hands furiously back at you.

I am sorry to hear about the reason you are now able to wave to us, but welcome you on board and thank you for such an interesting introduction to yourself.

Obviously you already know your way around the place, but now you have plucked up courage to put fingers to keyboard, have you thought about venturing into the writers block? They are really very nice there, and the dungeon the use for writers who just cant stop has the nicest of chains.

I look forward to reading more of your posts,
cariad

Ozme52
09-20-2007, 09:06 PM
:wel

John56{vg}
09-20-2007, 09:14 PM
I think it was a very nice introduction. Welcome to you and I am sorry for the reason too, but glad you have joined us.

Polaris
09-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Aww, thank you all so much for the lovely welcomes -- I knew you were a great bunch beforehand, but witnessing it first-hand so to speak actually makes a difference :)

As far as the writer's block is concerned...for some weird reason I never considered joining in (until now), maybe because I have so many "writing duties" already (I'm on a poetry page, moderate a text-based rpg, and am theoretically working on a novel -- theoretically because if I write a page a week it's a lot...and I'm rambling again) But now that you mentioned chains, cariad, I admit I'm strangely intrigued :) I'm a bit tight on time at the moment (exams coming up...) but I think I'll join in when things calm down a bit again.

As for the reason I finally found my way out of lurkdom...no need to be sorry about that. Looking back it was just one of many signs I shouldn't have ignored...you should respect the ones you claim to love, and it's not that I expected him to do anything he wasn't comfortable with, I just wanted to have it out in the open when I figured out that I couldn't just act like it wasn't there to start with forever...and the way he reacted was well, disrespectful to say the very least. So I'll go with the opinion of my friends and try to believe that I'm better off without him which is quite a task although part of me knows I'm right...but hey, I got a blog for that kind of ramblings so I'll stop boring you to death now ;)

Once more thank you all! I'm feeling all welcome and fuzzy inside :)

Logic1
09-21-2007, 03:25 AM
much welcome.
have a great stay with us :)

jeanne
09-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Hello and welcome! That was a great introduction and not rambling at all. I look forward to reading your posts over time, I have a feeling that they'll be even more enjoyable.

slaveangel{HM}
09-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums. I do hope you enjoy your time here with us, and thankyou for stepping out of the shadows.

angel xx

annie
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Great to have you out of the shadows! Can't wait to see you around more!

*waves back* WELCOME (again!) :)

pixie_dust
09-21-2007, 07:45 PM
:wave: Welcome! Looking forward to seeing future posts.

Platonicus
09-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome and thanks for the great intro.

Meanor
09-22-2007, 04:11 AM
:welcome: and enjoy!

lizeskimo
09-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Hello Polaris and welcome to you. What a great intro, thankyou for delurking by the way!!

nk_lion
09-22-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm glad you're out of lurking, and don't worry, you don't rant.

Polaris
09-23-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm glad you're out of lurking, and don't worry, you don't rant.

I'm glad I'm out of lurking, too -- and I'm trying not to rant so I'm glad I don't as well :)

Once more thanks to all of you for the welcomes -- I admit I'm almost a bit overwhelmed :)

Uncle_Ed
09-23-2007, 12:40 AM
"Polaris"-great name for a sub!!! *grins* (it was a class of submarine...)

Now-my question is whether you unlurked or delurked?

Will we ever know?

Welcome!

Ed.

Polaris
09-24-2007, 12:30 AM
A submarine? I knew that of course, that's why I chose the username *coughs and blushes slightly*

And I admit that delurking would indeed have been a better choice of word, if you take into consideration that the prefix un- means 'not'. So, maybe I was delurking but may consider myself unlurked now? Extra pretty please with cherry on top? ;)

Sorry too much linguistics lately. Have you ever met a linguist who wasn't at the very least peculiar? Me neither. :)

Sadistic1
09-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums :)

S1 & cg