A bag of marbles

ladychipmunk
09-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Is attaching a .doc file ok?

Craft a scene/chapter/story that includes the following elements

A pepper mill
a lava lamp
A bag of marbles

“These spreadsheets are driving me nuts, yet another budgeting nightmare to solve. I can’t wait to get out of here. I am so bored, same problems different project.” I gaze away from my computer screen, looking at the cubicles around me. One of my co-workers has a red lava lamp that catches my eye. Why she has this, I can’t even begin to guess.” She’s not old enough to know who The Osmond’s were let alone the 60’s.”

The flowing wax in the lamp recalls the day at the spa treat Sharon and I enjoyed yesterday. We took off early from work and went to pamper ourselves. Sharon convinced me to be adventurous and try something new.

“Why not”, I thought, “I’ll do it.” What can we do for you ladies today?” asks the receptionist. “I’ll have the Brazilian wax and a massage”. I was a bit nervous but Sharon and I had downed a bit of liquid courage in the Bennigans across the street. I was eager to give Kit a treat tomorrow night when he returned from his business trip. Kit and I have been married for 23 years. We’d raised three beautiful children, who are now finally all out of the house, even if we are still paying for college.
“Which one of you is Bethany?” I step forward.” Please follow me. My name is Stella. I will be performing your waxing today. You may disrobe in the dressing rooms over here” she said as she gestured towards a well-appointed blue and gold dressing room with plush upholstered sofas. “Please don this robe and these slippers and meet me in the Garden treatment room.” I’d been to this spa before. Each treatment room had a name based on it’s décor. I was really looking forward to the massage. A little pampering does everyone good.

As I walked into the room Stella was stirring a red wax substance. As she lifted the stirring stick the wax bubbled and flowed like molten Lava. I’ll admit it I’m kind of a science show geek. I watch every volcano show I can find on the science channels. What do you expect when you grow up watching Nova and Carl Sagans’ “Billions and Billions”.
Ok. Now I am very nervous. It must show because Stella stops stirring the wax and offers me a cup of tea. “It’s very soothing she says. Don’t worry. It will hurt a bit but it’s really not so bad. I do my own all the time.

“Please lay face down on the massage table and we’ll begin. First let’s get the waxing over with so you stop worrying about it.”
I must admit the wax felt very nice as she applied it. It was soothingly warm on my skin and had a calming lavender smell to it. I will say that the removal of the strips was not comfortable but it was quite arousing the mixture of pleasure and pain the process of the waxing stimulated.

“Bethany. Line 2, Mr. Foster is holding on line 2” the PA system blared overhead, jerking me out of my memory. “Back to work” I think as I grab the phone and focus on what my client needs, ‘yesterday’ and roll my eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kit will be home any minute and I want the evening to be just right. He’s been out of the country for over two weeks. His company is thinking about expanding to Asia and with the time difference we haven’t been able to talk much. I set the table with the good china and silverware for once. Put out the crystal and light the candles.

“Bethy, I’ve missed you”, Kit groans out as he crushes me in his arms and buries his head in my thick, wavy hair. “God, How I’ve missed this” he groans. I hear him sniffing the air “Beth, you cooked” he say hesitating cautiously.

“Don’t worry, “I grin at him. “I picked it up on my way from work. Thank goodness for those trendy new supper places that take pity on us ‘liberated’ women who can’t cook. I did make the salad myself though. Are you brave enough to eat it?”

“If all the airport food didn’t kill me, I’m sure I can survive your salad babe” Kit chuckles happily. As Kit gets comfortable, I serve the meal of garlic-dill salmon with rice and a nice garden salad. Kit walks back into the room as I am energetically cranking the peppermill over the salad. “Kit why don’t you pour the w-w- “, I sneeze violently “wine, while I finish spicing up the salad.”

“Dinner was delicious Bethany; let’s leave clean up for later. I have a couple of gifts for you. Remember how we were discussing adding a little zest to our sex lives now that the house is empty? I brought us a present to help us along the way.” Kit presented Bethany with a beautifully wrapped gift box. I want you to wear what’s in this box on along with that short little turquoise dress you know I love so much” So I go and change clothes.

“Where are we going?” I call from the bedroom. “Let me surprise you.” Kit replies when I come back into the living room where he is still holding the gift boxes. “Open this now.” Kit hands me the blue and silver package.

The box seems much too large for Jewelry but not big enough for anything else. I cannot begin to guess what it contains so I rip it open. The box contains a bag of marbles, all different colors made of real rock not just colored glass, stones such as quartz, granite, jade, and amethyst. “Kit these are beautiful! But I don’t understand how I am wearing these.”

“I want you to wear them inside you tonight. I want you to wear them in you wet little snatch and feel them moving all night and think about me fucking you. I want you so hot and ready by the end of the evening that you will be able to cum by me merely looking at you.”

“Where are we going?” I reply as I sit on the sofa and part my bare already wet nether lips and slowly insert each cool stone into my hungry yearning hole. Looking forward to later this evening when I anticipate Kit removing the same marbles with his rather skilled tongue.

Dragon's muse
09-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Will get to this second thing in the morning.

rose

Dragon's muse
10-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Nicely done. Good working of the elements. The only formatting issue i might add is that the flashback scene could be put into italics for clarity, but perhaps it was that way on the original document.
One other note, when writing dialogue, a new paragraph begins with each speaker.
A fine piece. i will get your next assignment posted today or tomorrow.

“These spreadsheets are driving me nuts, yet another budgeting nightmare to solve. I can’t wait to get out of here. I am so bored, (;)same problems different project.” I gaze away from my computer screen, looking at the cubicles around me. One of my co-workers has a red lava lamp that catches my eye. Why she has this, I can’t even begin to guess.” She’s not old enough to know who The Osmond’s were let alone the 60’s.”

The flowing wax in the lamp recalls the day at the spa treat Sharon and I enjoyed yesterday. We took off early from work and went to pamper ourselves. Sharon convinced me to be adventurous and try something new.

“Why not”, I thought, “I’ll do it.” What can we do for you ladies today?” asks the receptionist. (New Paragraph) “I’ll have the Brazilian wax and a massage”. I was a bit nervous but Sharon and I had downed a bit of liquid courage in the Bennigans across the street. I was eager to give Kit a treat tomorrow night when he returned from his business trip. Kit and I have been married for 23 years. We’d raised three beautiful children, who are now finally all out of the house, even if we are still paying for college.
“Which one of you is Bethany?” I step forward.” Please follow me. My name is Stella. I will be performing your waxing today. You may disrobe in the dressing rooms over here,” she said as she gestured towards a well-appointed blue and gold dressing room with plush upholstered sofas. “Please don this robe and these slippers and meet me in the Garden treatment room.” I’d been to this spa before. Each treatment room had a name based on it’s décor. I was really looking forward to the massage. A little pampering does everyone good.

As I walked into the room Stella was stirring a red wax substance. As she lifted the stirring stick the wax bubbled and flowed like molten Lava (no need to capitalize). I’ll admit it (delete)I’m kind of a science show geek. I watch every volcano show I can find on the science channels. What do you expect when you grow up watching Nova and Carl Sagans’ “Billions and Billions”.
Ok. Now I am very nervous. It must show because Stella stops stirring the wax and offers me a cup of tea. “It’s very soothing she says. Don’t worry. It will hurt a bit but it’s really not so bad. I do my own all the time.

“Please lay face down on the massage table and we’ll begin. First let’s get the waxing over with so you stop worrying about it.” (Just a little detail here, but how is she going to get a Brazillian face down?)
I must admit (delete) the wax felt very nice as she applied it. It was soothingly warm on my skin and had a calming lavender smell to it (delete). I will say (delete) that the removal of the strips was not comfortable but,it was quite arousing the mixture of pleasure and pain the process of the waxing stimulated. (a little awkward. Maybe simplify to something like "the mixture of pleasure and pain was arousing.")
“Bethany. Line 2, Mr. Foster is holding on line 2” the PA system blared overhead, jerking me out of my memory. “Back to work,” I think as I grab the phone and focus on what my client needs, ‘yesterday’ and roll my eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kit will be home any minute and I want the evening to be just right. He’s been out of the country for over two weeks. His company is thinking about expanding to Asia and with the time difference we haven’t been able to talk much. I set the table with the good china and silverware, for once. (,) Put out the crystal and light the candles.

“Bethy, I’ve missed you”, (this comma goes inside the quotation marks) Kit groans out as he crushes me in his arms and buries his head in my thick, wavy hair. “God, How I’ve missed this,” he groans. I hear him sniffing the air, “Beth, you cooked,” he say hesitating cautiously (only one of these words is needed, or both could be deleted).

“Don’t worry, “I grin at him. “I picked it up on my way from work. Thank goodness for those trendy new supper places that take pity on us ‘liberated’ women who can’t cook. I did make the salad myself, though. Are you brave enough to eat it?”

“If all the airport food didn’t kill me, I’m sure I can survive your salad, babe” Kit chuckles happily. As Kit gets comfortable, I serve the meal of garlic-dill salmon with rice and a nice garden salad. Kit walks back into the room as I am energetically cranking the peppermill over the salad. “Kit why don’t you pour the w-w- “, (inside the quotes) I sneeze violently, “wine, while I finish spicing up the salad.”

“Dinner was delicious Bethany; let’s leave clean up for later. I have a couple of gifts for you. Remember how we were discussing adding a little zest to our sex lives now that the house is empty? I brought us a present to help us along the way.” Kit presented Bethany with a beautifully wrapped gift box. (You slip into 3rd person here, the rest is in first person. Change Bethany to "me") I want you to wear what’s in this box on (delete) along with that short little turquoise dress you know I love so much” So (delete) I go and change clothes.

“Where are we going?” I call from the bedroom. (new paragraph here)“Let me surprise you.” Kit replies when I come back into the living room where he is still holding the gift boxes. “Open this now.” Kit hands me the blue and silver package.

The box seems much too large for Jewelry (no need to capitalize), but not big enough for anything else. I cannot begin to guess what it contains, so I rip it open. The box contains a bag of marbles, all different colors-- made of real rock not just colored glass, stones such as (delete)quartz, granite, jade, and amethyst. “Kit these are beautiful! But, I don’t understand how I am wearing these.”

“I want you to wear (delete)them inside you tonight. I want you to wear them in you (your)wet little snatch and feel them moving all night, and think about me fucking you. I want you so hot and ready by the end of the evening that (delete) you will be able to cum by me merely looking at you.”

“Where are we going?” I reply as (delete)I sit on the sofa and part my bare, already wet, nether lips and slowly insert each cool stone into my hungry, yearning hole. Looking forward to later this evening when I anticipate Kit removing the same marbles with his rather skilled tongue.