PDA

View Full Version : Chat Issues, Etc.

Pages : [1] 2 3

KateHeld
09-30-2007, 03:49 PM
when I click on the chat icon on the menu, I get a blank page.Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Does it have anything to do with me using a mac?

Torq
09-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Hello,
mac should not effect it,, try clearing all your cookies, history, data files, etc. Then reboot log back into forums and try caht again.
Be Well
T

KateHeld
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi,

I will try that, thank you.

K.

KateHeld
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately I still only get a blank screen. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Rhabbi
10-01-2007, 08:21 AM
This happens to me occasionally, never have figured out why though.

gynophagous
10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
This happens to me occasionally, never have figured out why though.

It could be you have to wait until the flash plug in activates.
XX

KateHeld
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Thank you for your responses, Rhabbi and gynophagous. But I still can't get in :(

Thorne
10-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Which browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer, try using Firefox, or some other browser. Or vice versa. And make sure your browser software is up to date, and that you have all the proper plug-ins which are needed.

thepast
10-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Make sure you are using IE and NOT Firefox--firefox won't allow a lot of the plug ins and kinks of chat to work right... and sometimes has caused users to not be able to get in.

Make sure you have java, flash players, etc.

As Torq said, clear ALL your history in your IE browswer, close it, shut your computer off and re-boot.

If none of that works, send me a PM, I'll try and help you out more.

delia

KateHeld
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Delia, thank you very much. I'm using a Mac browser. So I'll try IE. I think this will solve my problem, your help is appreciated :)

annie
10-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Make sure you are using IE and NOT Firefox--firefox won't allow a lot of the plug ins and kinks of chat to work right... and sometimes has caused users to not be able to get in.

Make sure you have java, flash players, etc.

As Torq said, clear ALL your history in your IE browswer, close it, shut your computer off and re-boot.

If none of that works, send me a PM, I'll try and help you out more.

delia

Hey NOW! I use ONLY Firefox and I have no problems... don't go blaming it on that! lol

thepast
10-16-2007, 02:29 PM
np, Kate.

Oh, annie, you're the exception to EVERY rule *weg*

rach
10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey NOW! I use ONLY Firefox and I have no problems... don't go blaming it on that! lol

I *sometimes* have issues with Firefox in chat- no clue why as I don't on any other site- I usually avoid IE like the plague but had to succumb for chat.

Thorne
10-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I *sometimes* have issues with Firefox in chat- no clue why as I don't on any other site- I usually avoid IE like the plague but had to succumb for chat.

I don't use chat very often, only a couple of times actually, but I ONLY use Firefox and I've never had a problem. There may be some plug-ins that aren't downloading automatically, but if you set the browser to do that you should be OK. And it helps to make sure you have the latest browser, whether it's Firefox, IE or any other.

bdsmmasterraven
01-21-2008, 08:20 AM
I can't get to the room in any browser anymore.

"Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.bdsmlibrary.com:8080"

thepast
01-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Chat is currently "down." When Tiger gets a chance, he'll reset it & it'll go back up... but it could be a few hrs or more, so enjoy the day doing other things! :)

delia
Chat Admin

drusilla
01-21-2008, 08:38 AM
delia-

You only leave me two options, spend the whole day on IM and try to create my own version of the chat room OR spend the whole day in front of a text book or three.

*sigh* This should be an interesting competition.

thepast
01-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone!

As the site keeps growing, our chat keeps growing as well! I am seeking ideas/suggestions/input on different things you'd like in chat (programming wise)... here are a few things we've tried in the past, just as examples:

1. Chat Mentoring Program: Paired off experienced & new Doms/subs/switches and provided structured mentoring program on a weekly basis...

2. Structured/Moderated Topic Chats: Opened up a room in the chat at a certain time & date for a discussion on a specific topic.

All right, so let's hear your ideas! Everything (logical) will be taken under consideration, though anything completely irrational, goofy, illogical, insane, impossible or otherwise extraordinarily bizarre may not quite make the final cut...

Thanks!

delia
Chat Admin

violett
01-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Great ideas Delia........ I can't think of anything specific at the moment but will be sure to let you know if I do

Midnite
01-30-2008, 04:43 AM
before you can go in to chat, I think you should have to completely fill your profile out, I don't know if this can be done, but it would cut down on a lot of confusion

annie
01-30-2008, 06:04 AM
before you can go in to chat, I think you should have to completely fill your profile out, I don't know if this can be done, but it would cut down on a lot of confusion

Ummmmm no so sure I like that one. I can picture every male sub in town then knowing exactly who to hit on, which is annoying in the best of cases.

Plus, if people want to fill out their profiles they do. If they don't want their profiles completed they are just going to provide false information so you probably haven't gained anything.

Just a few examples of how that could create issues. ;)

thepast
01-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Midnite,
There are certain parts of folks' profiles that are mandatory to fill in, and others where they can expand as much (or as little!) as they want. For whatever reason, some folks choose one way or the other, or middle ground... the Site's policy is only that the mandatory fields be filled in.

So, although perhaps irritating to folks, it's up to the user how much they wish to disclose in their profile... You can always ask someone though :) Most people are more then happy to talk about themselves! hehe...

Thanks for the suggestion, keep the ideas coming, folks!

Regards,
delia

angelic.zest
01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
1. Chat Mentoring Program: Paired off experienced & new Doms/subs/switches and provided structured mentoring program on a weekly basis...

i think thats a great idea, i still remember my mentor giggles...its a really great way to get to know ppl(non-sexually) and chit chat about the library be it rt or ol...good idea delia

Red Dragon {mpellegrino}
01-31-2008, 03:24 AM
Hi everyone!

2. Structured/Moderated Topic Chats: Opened up a room in the chat at a certain time & date for a discussion on a specific topic.

I think 1. is an excellent idea. We did ir befoer and I think it was a really excellent idea. Might be worth asking past mentors/mentees who it might be improved upon and enhanced.

Again I think 2. is an excellent idea perhaps using one of the rooms in chat so as not to disturb the body of the kirk and perhaps a greater to steer people to the right room for chat. Choice of Host important here I think.

Live long

Dragon.

Arria
02-01-2008, 06:38 PM
@ Midnite: Basically a good idea, but there are always the ones who donīt even bother to look at peopleīs profiles before bursting into chat and without any hello or other polite niceties start to PM whomever who might fit their prey pattern...

As for the rest, I agree with Annie, last but not least because there are people here for which it could create problems in real life if their likings became known (whatever the reasons for that might be).

~hellish one~
02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I have an idea. A different set of smileys for chat. I absolutely can't stand those smileys. (and I'm not alone here) I always curse when I forget about them and accidently use one. lol

Oh and what's with my text changing colors? going from purple to black and then back to purple again?

The chat mentoring thing isn't something I would be interested in, but I think it would definitely be a good idea to implement.

thepast
02-02-2008, 11:41 AM
1. smilies are the ones that come with the program. we are looking into uploading others, but it takes a while to find ones that actually work in the room (a lot of the "real" smilies won't work for various reasons). So stay tuned on that.

2. The font color is a bizarre thing. If you use IE, it will hold your color 90% of the time (I rarely have an issue where it makes it disappear). If you use Firefox, there are odds & ends that don't work---font color, clicking someone's name before/after writing the msg to them. Also if you make a really long word that the program reads as scrolling (i.e. helllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) it will appear in default black no matter what your color is.

Hope this helps!

d

hurricane1
02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
How about a voice chat???

thepast
02-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi h1,
At this point, that's not possible... the chat program we have doesn't support voice & we aren't really looking to get another new program. However, YIM & MSN, skype, etc. offer great voice services to chat with people--alone or in a conference.

delia

~hellish one~
02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
how about a little thing that lets you know who is in chat before you login? :D that's a good idea!

snowflake
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Delia Wrote:

I think these an awesome ideas.. Especially the first one...

Maybe also find ways to show others how to express themselves a bit .. It is kind of frustrating when you type a 5 sentence comment and get a one word reply while playing.. maybe that is just me..

Midnite Wrote:

I think this could be maybe a little more lenient but it certainly would help to at least give an idea on role you play.. whether you are a sub Dom/me or switch or trying to find your place... your gender.. what gender interests you... if you are particular... and possibly age..

Thanks Delia for starting this .. I wish you the best of luck with it..

hugs
snow

jewish_sub
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
for some resson i can't get the chat to open for me. i use firefox browser. does it work foranyone else?

gemmy
06-09-2008, 02:36 PM
for some resson i can't get the chat to open for me. i use firefox browser. does it work foranyone else?

It's weird for me sometimes, I can access it at work (IE) but not from home (FireFox)

I hadn't thought that it was browser related but will have to try IE at home and see ;)

I'll keep you posted!

gemmy
06-09-2008, 04:54 PM
whoohoo am home now and in Chat - whod'a knew hehehe

It was my browser - simple done :D

give it a go and see if it helps you!

ashtonDs
06-09-2008, 05:13 PM
jewish_sub,

Firefox is a stripped down browser with lots of add-ons so you can customize it. Be sure you have an add-on that can do chatrooms etc. If you don't, check on the Firefox website and download one.

...Or you could download a browser that already has that capability.

jewish_sub
06-10-2008, 02:15 AM
for some reson i can't get it to work in ie too. :(.

Tufty
06-10-2008, 04:07 AM
In IE, look under 'Tools' and 'Options' then check under the 'Content' tab.

It could be that the 'Rating' settings need to be changed or the 'Content' settings checked to allow any user.

If you use a firewall, make sure that you allow it to access the site.

Just a thought...

annie
06-10-2008, 05:24 AM
I only use Firefox and it has always worked for me. Firefox just has to download the java update the first time I enter chat then it works great from that point on.

crazy_grrluk
06-10-2008, 08:39 AM
also check the pop ups fro this site.. make sure that u have allowed FF to access the pop up for chat

Escritor
06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
For the chat rooms you need Java. Firefox uses the Sun Microsystems Java engine (which is the original), so if you don't have it installed, chat won't work for you on Firefox. Anyway, FF itself should ask you to download and install Java if you don't have it when you try to open it.

IE installs Micro$oft's Java Virtual Machine. If chat is not working for you, maybe something corrupted your IE installation or you chose not to install MS JVM. Anyway, you can download Sun's Java Engine (I strongly recommend it, even if you have MS JVM) and it should work on IE as well.

Arria
06-18-2008, 08:07 AM
... nothing further :-)

Kind regards
Arria

fetishdj
06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Nope. I can't either... I suspect it is part of the server upgrade. I am sure it will be resolved soon.

thepast
06-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Chat's down for now until the chat is moved & de-compressed (i.e. 24hr or so)... so everyone is going to have to spend the day catching up on their r/l stuff... haha...

d

Arria
06-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Yup, I think so, too... just wanted to make sure itīs not a problem on my side.

:-)

Arria
06-18-2008, 08:39 AM
delia - I canīt catch up on r/l stuff as I still cannot sit or walk without screaming *lol*
Have a little mercy on me. :-)
Hugs
Arria

gemmy
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
so everyone is going to have to spend the day catching up on their r/l stuff... haha...

d

Blasphemy!!! hahaha

We already had four Whole Days to catch up on r/l stuff lmao

;)

stripedangel
06-18-2008, 09:55 AM
R/L stuff? you mean i really gotta do dishes and clean houuuuuuuuuse?

dang!

thepast
06-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Update: Tiger's working hard on it, so again, please have just a bit more patience... will probably be back up later today!

gemmy
06-18-2008, 10:08 AM
very awesome to hear delia, thanks for the update!

and thanks to Tiger for all the effort xo

Merle
06-18-2008, 10:50 AM
chat's back!

thepast
06-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Yup, it's up. Enjoy.

Joey 288
07-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Is the chat room down or is something wrong with my computer? all I get is a black screen,

Joey 288

thepast
07-09-2008, 08:36 AM
You need to update your java and clear your browser cookies (under the Internet Tools/Options menu) and make sure you are using a compatible browser (IE is preferred, many say Mozilla Firefox works)...

It's up & running!

craven
07-10-2008, 08:52 AM
thanks Delia, Safari works well also, I use OSX Tiger safari, have never had any problems

sisterhoney61 {RW}
07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
I've been trying to get into the chat room, but every time I click on it, it takes me right back to the forums. Is it the site or is it my computer? This has never happened before.

thepast
07-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh... hey... now THAT"s cool.... I'll have T check w/Tiger, ASAP... but it's happening w/me too...

d

denuseri
07-12-2008, 03:42 PM
yep its happening to me too,, forums work good, though i had to log out then back in to get them to accept posts, but every time i try to go to chat it punts me back to the forums

thepast
07-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Maybe it's sending a subtle message to everyone? *falls over laughing*

Seriously though, we'll work on it tonight. No guarantees though...

thepast
07-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Chat is back up & working. Enjoy.

d

Lion_in_Disguise
07-13-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm using Firefox 3.0. I saw an earlier post about updating my Java and resetting cookies. Im a slightly techtarded..can anyone get me a link or w/e so I can do this?

.x.Cole.x.
07-13-2008, 12:34 AM
what link do you need Sir? the one to log in?

i love you Sir. Im glad Im Yours

Lion_in_Disguise
07-13-2008, 12:40 AM
No, to upgrade my Java player.

Im glad your mine too hon.

crazy_grrluk
07-13-2008, 01:05 AM
just log into the java sun website and click on download... it will tell u whether or not u ahve the latest version of java

Lion_in_Disguise
07-13-2008, 01:06 AM
So clearing my Cache/cookies and updating my java accomplished nothing, with both Firefox 3.0 and IE 7. in EI im getting a black page with a text entry box. In FF im getting a black page. I have popups enabled for this site on both browsers.

thepast
07-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Sometimes that happens (the blank page). Re-load the page and it should clear. Also, give it a minute or two to load--sometimes it will appear blank & in about 20-30 seconds the contents will appear.

Brett
07-13-2008, 03:38 PM
All I get is a black screen also. Up until this week, I did not have a problem getting into the chatroom.

Brett

Piercingaze
07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I am getting the same effect as mentioned above.

thepast
07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Please go back into your browser & clear your cookies. The chat was updated & has a new address that some ISPs don't pick up as quickly... so refresh your BROWSER cookies, should be fine!

delia

Piercingaze
07-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Reset my IE cookies, cleared out browser history, and loaded updated java. Still nothing.

thepast
07-15-2008, 09:26 PM
There is a chance your ISP has chat blocked. There are some ISPs (hotels, schools, etc.) that have chat blocked...

Other then that... chat is working fine for everyone else, and looks fine on the server, so I am, sadly, out of suggestions...

Piercingaze
07-15-2008, 09:28 PM
That is a possibility, I am staying at a hotel for the night. Last one I was at was working fine though :(

thepast
07-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeeeeup, some work some don't. Holiday Inns are notoriously bad... there are a few others.

Piercingaze
07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Shitty, Holiday Inn's are what I stay at the most.

caligirl{Rob}
07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
LOL...hugs, but don't feel too bad, MR maintains the servers and IT for His company and has times when chat locks Him out....is lovely to see Your Piercingaze around these parts again...HUGS ...maybe there is a limit to how many awesome Doms allowed in chat at one time...winks

.x.Cole.x.
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
:confused::30:i cannot join the chatroom cuz it tells me authentication failed. whats that mean?

fetishdj
07-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Try logging out and logging back in again... it worked for me this morning. You did just appear in the chatroom now... then vanished again.

Lion_in_Disguise
07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
So I've tried everything suggested here in an attempt to log into the chat applet, on both Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 and Internet Explorer 7. I have the latest version of Java installed, and I believe my E-mail is confirmed with the website.

Anyone have any Idea why I cant join?

thepast
07-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I actually have no idea why you can't get in... Chat only requires IE & Java...

There is a chance your ISP has the chat blocked, as some do (esp. hotels, etc)...

Diablo
07-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Ad-block will block the this flashchat. I could not get in until I disabled it.

Taylor.M
08-10-2008, 03:47 AM
Having trouble with chat.....worked great for the first week now the last 2 days IE cannot display page? Like a connection problem?
No hotel or school........?
ISP maybe huh?? Wonder how I would find that out?

thepast
08-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Clear your browser cookies... reboot your computer... if it still doesn't work, probably ISP...

Taylor.M
08-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Clear your browser cookies... reboot your computer... if it still doesn't work, probably ISP...

Actually after investigation it appears to be a conflict between an unprotected wireless signal floating around me and my hard DSL connection.
I had to go and delete all my connections and renew the IP addy on my DSL modem.
Curious though as I wonder why I am using the DSL when theres a free wireless right there for me to latch onto! Hmmmmm Im going to have to ponder this!

denuseri
08-14-2008, 10:25 AM
started last nite/ early this morning 0300-0400hrs est, couldnt log in to chat, just tried now at 1325hrs est same result

anyone else ??

denuseri
08-14-2008, 10:28 AM
never mind its working now thankies

Masternicktr
09-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Hi,

I get the below message as I try to enter to caht room.

Network Timeout

The server at www.bdsmlibrary.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Something wrong with the chat room in general or something wrong with me?

Thanks....

Torq
09-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Nope,

Chat room just fine up an running "normal" as can be for a nut house.

Try clearing cookies and/or installing/updateing the latest Java version
Be wel
T

good_girl
09-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Just wondering if there has been any problems lately...sometimes I can get into chat and sometimes I can't, I try 3-4 times then give up for a while and come back later and all is good.

When I try to open it, I get a blank white screen but it says the page is done loading.

This has been off and on for about the last week and a half.

good_girl
09-22-2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com:8080/?0,0,0,0,0&nn=good_girl&pu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bdsmlibrary.com%2Fforums%2Fmem ber.php%3Fu%3D52115&au=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bdsmlibrary.com%2Fforums%2Fima ge.php%3Fu%3D52115&hmac=059765015ef118e072466df2007c50ea&cu=

hmmmm just noticed, this is the address that comes up when I click the chat button...somehow I don't think this is right??

MacGuffin
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I dont know about a glitch in chat but there's certainly a lot of gremlins in there !

good_girl
09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
I dont know about a glitch in chat but there's certainly a lot of gremlins in there !

hehe yup seen a few there myself...so wish I could get in now though :(
are you able to get in?

GearJammer
09-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I have been able to get in easily for the last few attempts, but almost never stay in long enough to see more than 3-4 posts. Then, I get kicked out. Can't figure out why

Then, of course, today, it has to be contrary to how contrary it's been for a while. ah well........

MacGuffin
09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I am having problems getting in as well, and others have told me they have similar problems.

good_girl
09-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Good to know it's not just me then...thanks :)

thegirlwonder
11-03-2008, 10:49 PM
When you save a chat log in Mozilla, where does it end up? lol, for the life of me i can't figure out if it just opens a separate window that i can then save, or if it's stored itself somewhere on my comp...

thepast
11-04-2008, 08:34 AM
It opens in a seperate window (it should, at least lol)... and then you can save it to your computer... you can also copy & paste it into a word doc.

thegirlwonder
11-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Awesome, thanks so much =)

Timoty
11-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello, before you suggest i go to the thread that already has this in it, I already have done so. I am running IE6 with sp2, have made sure that I have the latest Java (version 6 upgrade 10), have cleared cookies and files, have restarted machine, have installed the latest flash and other software, etc. Still to no avail. My system works on many , many other sites that are using the same forum engine as you. I do have a great deal of "safety" software (ie, norton, popup blocker, and spybot) and I have put the Library on the allowed list for popups and even turned my phishing protection off. My girl (commonly known as kaia.T) is on the site and chats fine. She is running different software than I am so I know it has something to do with my system. Any suggestions? What are you sending me at the moment the screen should go to the chat rooms?

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you might give me.

Timoty

blythe spirit
11-07-2008, 02:18 PM
I have been able to get in easily for the last few attempts, but almost never stay in long enough to see more than 3-4 posts. Then, I get kicked out. Can't figure out why

Then, of course, today, it has to be contrary to how contrary it's been for a while. ah well........

I've never had a problem getting "kicked" from chat until today. Kicked four times and my butt is real sore now. Of course when I am in chat, I have a hard time posting anything. Terrible lag! Woe is me! Woe is me! The lag is so bad that when I click on a user name to reply to something they said, it posts the name just after them. *shrugs*

So, wondering if someone can spank that bad chat and make it more cooperative?

blythe spirit
11-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Well I was in chat today for about 10 minutes without getting kicked, but I left because of lag time. It is totally aggravating. If anyone else is typing, I can't. If anyone else is posting, I can't and if I click on a name, I still get the person underneath them, or get nothing at all.

Guess it's okay if all I wanna do is read. Are there no answers to resolve this problem?

Kevin100
11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
I am having exactly the same problem. Any advice would be welcome
Kevin

Torq
11-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Nope, You have done the normal items,, your going to have to change your setting for it to work, either the spyware or ,,,,
Good luck
T

blythe spirit
11-09-2008, 09:49 AM
hehehe. Guess the "nope" applies to my first question - you can't spank it to make it work. And here I thought a good spanking would put it right in it's place. *sighs*

Thanks for your response. Will check settings, Spyware and all my ors.

Torq
11-09-2008, 10:26 AM
And as far as folks getting "booted" from chat its NOT a server issue!!!!

There are folks that can remain in chat for days with out getting booted,,, the MAJORITY of the boots are caused by YOUR carrier,,your connection and or your computer

Although it is alot of fun to make fun of the server!!!!!! LMAO

Be Well
T

sinderella
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
there's a chat?

hmm...whattya know, there it is right up there at the top... :) cool!

JohnVanDom
11-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Say owner/moderator - sometime you might pop into the "competition" Literotica.com - on a Saturday night almost 1000 chat people in dozens of rooms....

...but, they can simultaneously PM and chat - while this one makes you completely lose the chatroom while striking up a conversation.

...and regional/by country chats would be great - see Alt.com for samples of that

Love the site - I'm sticking as it grows.

John Hubertz
Fort Wayne, Indiana

thepast
11-16-2008, 01:17 PM
1. We purposefully have the chat set up as we do-- it is a far more intimate, friendly joint. We aren't opting to be the "most popular"-- we want to create a place where anyone, anywhere, regardless of gender, orientation, kink/fetish, or level of experience (whether o/l or r/l) feels welcome & part of the community. We have no desire to have an "empire" as you so describe other sites having.

So with that in mind...

2. You can simultaniously whisper & chat in the room at the same time. See Chat FAQ in the Guidelines section of the forums to see how.

3. You can, at any time, create a room and have a group in it talking about any issue you would like to discuss (as long as it's not in violation of Chat Guidelines).

4. If you have other questions, members, or myself, Torq or any of my chat mods can answer them for you...

Regards,

delia, Chat Admin

denuseri
11-19-2008, 09:40 PM
My owner and I shopped around quite a bit and I wouldn't change a thing about the lay out here.

In our opinion this site is the best bdsm themed one on the whole internet.

It's not so large as to cause things to become too impersonal, it is the most informative and intelectually organized, and has far more features available to its members, especially in the chat room.

Veralynne
11-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Hi! Can anyone help?

I have never had any problems using the chat on the website before- but now when I click the link it goes to a blank page saying the internet cannot open it. Was anything changed? I never had this issue before. It's been this way for a number of hours now. Any advice??

Diablo
11-30-2008, 10:55 AM
It you are using Firefox make sure you have the java plug in installed and the ad block add on not installed or disabled. IE make sure the java is updated.

GearJammer
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
not using firefox, using IE, same problem for two days, multiple wifi hookups.

GearJammer
11-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Just updated Java, no help.

thepast
11-30-2008, 07:27 PM
1. Server has been updated & worked on the last few days... patience please! :)

2. If you are getting a "can't connect" & you're on a public connection, could be that your ISP is blocking the chat-- sometimes it will allow you onto forums but not into chat.

Just a few to help out.

GearJammer
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
1. Server has been updated & worked on the last few days... patience please! :)

2. If you are getting a "can't connect" & you're on a public connection, could be that your ISP is blocking the chat-- sometimes it will allow you onto forums but not into chat.

Just a few to help out.

Thanks, Delia. Largely leech wifi, or use coffee shops, etc. My problem is likely the first one, as nodes that have let me on consistently in the past are not letting me on now, so I don't think it's a firewall at the ISP issue.

Veralynne
12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes- I agree with GearJammer- always worked at this place before- nothing has changed.

*tries to wait patiently*

Bobbitsj
01-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I was wondering where everyone goes for internet chat these days. I have checked out the library chat room several times but not a lot seems to happen there. Back in the day msn had several bdsm themed chat rooms but they all shut down. I'm sure all of these thousands of people who enjoyed the chat rooms went somewhere!

If anyone knows where everyone went after msn shut down I'd certainly like to hear from you.

steelish
01-07-2009, 11:54 AM
lol. Well, you obviously pop into the library chat room at the wrong times then! Lots of fun happens there, much talk of the lifestyle, play, games, antics, etc. - as well as other "vanilla" pursuits such as sports, food, family, etc.

The chat room is a great way to get to know folks in the forum - hope to see you there sometime!

Twisted32
01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
i havent been able to get INTO chat for almost a week now. everytime I try theres a page load error....... :(

tentative
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm also having trouble with getting the chatroom to load....

help? lol

Diablo
01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
We are currently experiencing server issues causing issues with chat access and some other features. It is being worked on and will be up soon.

subrob99
01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Get message dns unavailable
Thanks

lil ashley
01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Suggest you view Site Issues... go to last post and all will be clear... good idea to always check there before posting a new thread.. 'specially when they've been working really really hard to get the site back in balance... just an idea... *s* ash

Lion_in_Disguise
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
It seems that I cannot bring up the Chatrooms. Previously, my problem was the Chat program itself not launching. Now, It seems I cannot connect to the chat server at all, regarless of what Browser or computer I'm using.

Does it just not like my account?

lil_one
01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I have the same problem... nothing at all happens..

lady kisa
01-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I think that chat is still down. huggles..am sure it will be up soon. hope you are having a good night. =)

Lion_in_Disguise
01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Alrighty. I suspected as much, as the site has recently come back up...I was just trying to make sure my other chat related problem hadn't uh... evolved.

The funny thing is... My sub can access chat w/o all the clearing data history and total system reboot I have to deal with, from the very same workstation I'm using now....Drives me crazy.

Thorne
01-13-2009, 07:38 PM
The funny thing is... My sub can access chat w/o all the clearing data history and total system reboot I have to deal with, from the very same workstation I'm using now....Drives me crazy.

Sounds like something in your personalized browser settings. Check to make sure your browser isn't deleting cookies when it closes. That might account for it.

lucky#13
01-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I have not been able to even got on the website for a week and now I still can't get to the chat room?

Torq
01-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Ok, Folks,,,,

Site back up an doing fine,,

Chat is still down will NOT be back online until at least Thursday or Friday 1/16

PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks alllll
T

JimmyJump
01-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Ok, Folks,,,,

Site back up an doing fine,,

Chat is still down will NOT be back online until at least Thursday or Friday 1/16

PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks alllll
T

Nice work there, Mr T. :264:

Seems everything is like before the downtime, with the exception of the ability to add stories to one's shelf... but that will get corrected asap, I suspect...

Cheers Torq

JJ

satisfied
01-14-2009, 08:12 AM
chat? chat? chat? chat? chat?

I'm not addicted!

I just miss my friends!

LMAO!

oww-that-hurt
01-14-2009, 09:42 AM
2009 has not been a good year for me in the chat room

heck, even the main site has been impossible to get into some days

currently when i try to get into chat, i get a notice that the connection was interrupted during negotiations

a few days ago i got in but it was as if i was a voiceless fly on the wall

one recent day when i got in there was absolutely nobody else there, even after i hung around and did a few things at my desk, waiting to see if anybody showed up

has something happened to the site that makes it difficult for those with 56k dial-ups?

all of my software is 100% up-to-date (done daily), the computer is barely a month old, i clean up all history items daily when i shut down, it doesn't matter if i use IE or FireFox... that is just some background info

satisfied
01-14-2009, 11:07 AM
oww-that-hurt: they are working on it. T said it should be back up later this week.....see above post......it's not just you.

FairyTale
01-14-2009, 02:17 PM
It's the y2.09k problem... Scary...

juicysub
01-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Roflmfao!

subrob99
01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Is the chat room down?

juicysub
01-15-2009, 08:58 PM
the chat should be up by tomorrow at the latest, thats what Torq said. :) read up just a bit hun :)

Resist
01-16-2009, 04:21 AM
2009 has not been a good year for me in the chat room

heck, even the main site has been impossible to get into some days

currently when i try to get into chat, i get a notice that the connection was interrupted during negotiations

a few days ago i got in but it was as if i was a voiceless fly on the wall

one recent day when i got in there was absolutely nobody else there, even after i hung around and did a few things at my desk, waiting to see if anybody showed up

has something happened to the site that makes it difficult for those with 56k dial-ups?

all of my software is 100% up-to-date (done daily), the computer is barely a month old, i clean up all history items daily when i shut down, it doesn't matter if i use IE or FireFox... that is just some background info

Your computer is barely a month old and yet you have dial-up? That sucks :( Splurge on DSL or whatever. It's worth it!

Torq
01-16-2009, 07:19 PM
YES,,,

Still down and STILL working on it

PATIENCE PLLLLEEEEAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

T

snowflake
01-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Comes in and smacks all the impatient subbies ... Listen To Torq and stop being brats ..giggles ..

Torq thankyou for your hard work Sir .. i know it can be a head ache and i along with others truly appreciate all the time and work you have put into it..
Patience i have as i know what is involved to an extent... and that is what a sub is supposed to be anyways ...{looks at all the other subs and sticks out my tongue}

So again thankyou Sir for all your hard work and thank Tiger as well .. and delia as i know it can be hard on others around you when this stuff happens...

hugs
snow

MitchC
01-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Okay, T. Thanks for the update. I for one am just glad the forum is working again. We look forward to the chat returning as soon as you can get it working.

Mitch

Zulika
01-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I am new here but waiting for the chatroom to work once angain

Torq
01-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Chat is up BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still working on same NOT 100% yet has issues to be resolved yet,,,,, again

PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thks
T

Arria
01-17-2009, 04:27 PM
*hugs Torq* Thanks for the hard work!

Torq
01-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Chat up and running ,,,HOWEVER still working on few features, colors, etc

Hopefully just a few more days

Thanks

T

thepast
01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Ok, gang! We're completely up & fixed! There are some subtle color differences, but we INTENDED to change them, so they're staying...

Enjoy the room!

satisfied
01-19-2009, 04:46 AM
Comes in and smacks all the impatient subbies ... Listen To Torq and stop being brats ..giggles ..

Patience i have as i know what is involved to an extent... and that is what a sub is supposed to be anyways ...{looks at all the other subs and sticks out my tongue}

hugs
snow

:eek: Ummmm.........I am sooooo telling Tester'. He is gonna put you back in the machine for being a brat!

*sticks out tongue*
sati

GearJammer
01-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Ok, gang! We're completely up & fixed! There are some subtle color differences, but we INTENDED to change them, so they're staying...

Enjoy the room!

Many thanks to you and Torq (and anyone else behind the scenes we don't know about). Like snowy, I have some idea of what you just had to go through to get it done, and it is honestly appreciated, believe me.

Resist
01-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I have cleared all data (cookies, cache, etc), but when I click chat I get a black screen. If I try to navigate back to bdsmlibrary, I get a 'network timeout' and have to wait a little while before I can get back to the main page.

Anyone else experiencing this?

(I realize there are still little things being worked on but I wasn't clear if it's still not working for everyone since T's last post just talked about colors, etc.)

EDIT: Not eight seconds later I click it and get in. Go me!

lil ashley
01-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Hi.. when I go into chat on this site I can view the participant list. I can click on the name and get the menu that gives the option to "Whisper, PM, View Profile, etc." But when I click on an option, nothing happens. With my old computer I didn't have problems.

I have a new Compaq/HP with Vista and HP has that stupid "click to copy" option. Is this what is causing the problem or is there some other thing someone might know about.

Thanks for any and all help with this.. lil ashley

lil ashley
01-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Well, finally figured it out. It was an HP add on to the Explorer browser. Smart clips with clip help, etc. Just disabled all 3 of them and "presto" using the contact window in chat now works. So, please disregard this. Thanks to all who at a peak at this. - ash

Pearlgem
02-01-2009, 03:07 AM
I can't access chat at all since the revamp. Everything else is fine. Am I the only one?

PinkSugar
02-01-2009, 09:15 AM
I have not been able to use chat since I first signed on here. All I get is a blank black screen.

Pearlgem
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Not just me then. The blank black screen is all I get too.

thepast
02-01-2009, 12:09 PM
It's either a java issue or a browser issue that you are describing. It can also be an issue with your plug-ins... but it isn't a chat-based problem: it works for 98% of folks.

Good luck!

Arria
02-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I only get the black screen as well now. It worked fine last night.

suchaminx
02-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I got a black screen too but 10 seconds later it opened up fine.

Not sure if that helps anyone but I am not good at patience and 10 seconds seemed like forever!!! :)

thepast
02-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks, minxy, maybe I should have mentioned that *laughs* Please be patient and give it up to 30 seconds to load!

Arria
02-01-2009, 01:34 PM
It works for me now :-)

Pearlgem
02-01-2009, 02:12 PM
I gave it 38 mins. It just sat there. Hmm...

symphony
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
sorry if this has been answered but i cant find anything quite like this. I can log into the chat room and it all works and i can speak however after about 10 secons the page goes black if i refresh it comes back and then does it again i have cleared my cookies etc but to no avail. any ideas?

SlaveSlut69420
02-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Hey everytime i click on the CHAT button all i get is the forum pages? N E 1 else?

Lillyrose123
02-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I am having the same problem as SlaveSlut69420... i click on chat and get the forum page...

What's up?

Lillyrose123

wind_dancer{W_W}
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Same here

jonjon
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
here we go again!*smh*

thepast
02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
We're on it.

Torq
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
fixed!!!!!

T

Pearlgem
02-07-2009, 02:47 AM
So it is! Thanks all x x

PinkSugar
02-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Sill not working for me, although I now get a white box at the bottom of the black screen.

Pearlgem
02-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Oops, spoke too soon, it worked once then back to the same old black screen....

Torq
02-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Chat is 100% fixed,, IF your still having issues it's NOT the site it's your system,,, Try clearing ALL cookies,,Make sure you have the latest Java updates (there free) also Patience it takes about 10-15 seconds to load on some systems.

Thanks ALLLLL

Be Well

T

symphony
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
.... i have the latest java, I cleared all my cookies, its still kicking me off every 30 secs... im out of ideas!

thepast
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Could be a RAM issue. Most machines w/over 1GB of Ram have no problem, but machines with less tend to get kicked more frequently.

Also can depend on how much other junk you have open & running (RAM issue again).

PinkSugar
02-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I have cleared my cookies several times.
I am not very computer savy but am fairly certian I have the latest java updates. Is there a way to check to see if I have what is needed for chat ? I am not even getting it to open to get kicked off.

I have 2GB of ram, so that should not be what is causing my problem.
I dont have any other programs open....
my 'other' junk...uses batteries ( sorry couldnt resist that )

symphony
02-10-2009, 11:27 AM
yeh i also have 2gb ram, brand new lap top. *scratches head*, allready tried closing everything else down and it doesnt help.

Diablo
02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
If you are using Firefox and have no script or adblock running the java will not run and will appear as a black screen with a white box where you would normally type.

PinkSugar
02-11-2009, 05:44 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, made sure I had all the java updates.
On Firefox I dont even get the white box, it is only there when using IE
I turned off all the pop up blockers.
Any other suggestions, or should I just give up ?

Thorne
02-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, made sure I had all the java updates.
On Firefox I dont even get the white box, it is only there when using IE
I turned off all the pop up blockers.
Any other suggestions, or should I just give up ?

The only thing I can think of is that either your firewall is blocking it or your ISP is blocking it. Since you are on the forums it's unlikely to be your ISP.

Try turning off your firewall, briefly, and see if you can get in then. If so, you'll need to tune up your firewall settings. DO NOT continue running without the firewall. Once you've determined whether or not that is the problem, turn it back on and figure out how to fix it from there. Running without the firewall can be dangerous.

Veralynne
02-12-2009, 03:11 AM
I can't open chat either. I use IE. I have no idea what the problem is. This has happened to me before- but I don't know how it resolved itself. I've tried all the fixes suggested :-(

Devious70
02-15-2009, 10:17 AM
I have read through the many posts here. I get an "Internet Exploere cannot display the webpage" error every time I try and open chat. I have already deleted all temp files, cookies, and restarted the browser as well as the computer. I have updated java and restarted the browser as well as the computer. Is there something else I can/should try. Thanks in advance for any help out there.

Devious in Iraq

UPDATE: its not the firewall. I am looking for any other security settings that might block it but no luck so far.

Thorne
02-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I have read through the many posts here. I get an "Internet Exploere cannot display the webpage" error every time I try and open chat. I have already deleted all temp files, cookies, and restarted the browser as well as the computer. I have updated java and restarted the browser as well as the computer. Is there something else I can/should try. Thanks in advance for any help out there.

Devious in Iraq

UPDATE: its not the firewall. I am looking for any other security settings that might block it but no luck so far.

The only other thing I can think of is that Internet Explorer has some sort of problem. I have similar problems with different websites, involving downloading. Can't do it on IE, but no problem on Firefox. I suggest trying a different browser, if possible. If none of the browser's work, it's either an ISP problem or Window's security.

You might also make sure you're trying to access it with a User profile having Administrator priveleges. I can't think of why that should matter, but it's something to try.

naomislave7591
02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
hello everybody i am in a dilemma can somebody help me my laptop that i normally have conked out on me last week so i had 2 get a replacement i can into every other information but i cant get into chat when i try it pops up with this message this application requires flash please install the latest flash player from abode the name of the replacement is called packard bell and it is a easy note i am getting most frustrated that i cant get into the chat room can somebody help me with my dilemma

JimmyJump
02-17-2009, 04:52 AM
hello everybody i am in a dilemma can somebody help me my laptop that i normally have conked out on me last week so i had 2 get a replacement i can into every other information but i cant get into chat when i try it pops up with this message this application requires flash please install the latest flash player from abode the name of the replacement is called packard bell and it is a easy note i am getting most frustrated that i cant get into the chat room can somebody help me with my dilemma

Check here (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/thankyou/) for the latest download of Adobe Flashplayer. It's free.

JJ

Devious70
02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
It must be something with the ISP. I even downloaded Firefox and it doesn't work there. I suppose it could be something with the router or decoder. I am currently going through an Italian satellite. Regardless, Thanks for the help.

symphony
02-17-2009, 12:57 PM
*sighs* i dont know much about computers, I'm still not able to get on chat tried disabling and re-enebling things i dont know what fire fox is but i dont have it is that the problem? i use internet explorer and wireless. i deffinately have the latest java and flashplayer... hints? tips?

JimmyJump
02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
*sighs* i dont know much about computers, I'm still not able to get on chat tried disabling and re-enebling things i dont know what fire fox is but i dont have it is that the problem? i use internet explorer and wireless. i deffinately have the latest java and flashplayer... hints? tips?

Firefox is just another browser, like Internet Explorer.

I don't use chat, but I've come to understand that it is sometimes down, due to problems with the site's code.

Try opening a second window of the forum, before you enter chat. There's similar problems when trying to edit a review (getting an error when doing so) but like I mentioned before, you can circumvent that error by opening a second window of the forum, or your own profile page, and then entering chat.

Hope this helped a bit. :)

JJ

GearJammer
02-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Started new thread so as to be separated from the old one that seemed to be jumping on Torq and company.

Torq, in case you haven't been told, Chat is down. Well, it's down for me, anyway, and I've hit it from 3 different wifi nodes to see if that was the problem. I did the standard cache clear (and additionally ran Crap Cleaner). Still no go.

I made a new profile, in case my comp was crapping over the old one. It's Gear{kp}. Not trying to hide anything. Still down. I get the standard 440 error.

Take care, T

Gear.

Thorne
02-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I just got in with no problem, Gear. Got to be on your end, somewhere. There's plenty of others in there.

GearJammer
02-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I just got in with no problem, Gear. Got to be on your end, somewhere. There's plenty of others in there.

Thanks, Thorne, I appreciate it. Let's me know I have some work to do. Thanks again.

thepast
02-21-2009, 08:41 PM
There's 20+ people in GJ... try clearing your cookies. If cookies fill, it won't let you in, or it will keep bouncing you everytime you do get in...

Good luck.

GearJammer
02-22-2009, 02:07 PM
There's 20+ people in GJ... try clearing your cookies. If cookies fill, it won't let you in, or it will keep bouncing you everytime you do get in...

Good luck.

Turned out that some wifi nodes here had switched filters (apparently) and that was the problem. Found an open wifi node and got right in. Appreciate the suggestion to clear cookies, but I did that above when I did a standard cache clear. Probably used the wrong words to describe it.

Pearlgem
02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Okay, I've got to admit it. I have no idea what cookies are, whether they're a good thing or not or how to clear them. I don't deserve access to chat!

GearJammer
02-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Okay, I've got to admit it. I have no idea what cookies are, whether they're a good thing or not or how to clear them. I don't deserve access to chat!
If you are using Microsoft Explorer (IE), look in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You should see "Tools" with a arrowhead pointing down just to the right of it. Hit the arrowhead, and a dropdown menu should appear.

At the top of the dropdown menu you should see "Delete Browsing History..." Click on that, and a window should appear giving you the option to delete Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Form Data, and Passwords.

You can simply delete all cookies by hitting that button, whereupon the browser will delete them and drop the window out, and you're done.

If you hit "Delete all" at the bottom, another window will appear asking if you really want to delete all browsing history and giving you a check box to check if you want to delete all files and settings stored by add-ons.

I like to clear it all, so I check the box for deleting all files and setting stored by add-ons, and then click the yes button and watch it do its thing.

Hope this helps.

Thorne
02-22-2009, 07:28 PM

What you deserve.....
Well, we'll save that for chat.

Using Internet Explorer, click on the Tools Menu (up at the top, says 'Tools'), click on 'Internet Options', select the 'General Tab'. Under 'Browsing History' click on the 'Delete...' button.
Next to 'Temporary Internet Files' hit the 'Delete files...' button and click 'Yes'.
Do the same for the 'Delete cookies...' button. Then click 'Close', at the bottom, then 'OK'.

Using Firefox, click on the Tools Menu, click on 'Options...', click on 'Privacy' along the top row, then click on 'Show Cookies' and then 'Remove All Cookies'. Click on 'Close', then 'OK' and you're done!

Good luck!

WARNING!!! This procedure will not remove cookie CRUMBS from the keyboard! You're on your own for that.

drusilla
02-24-2009, 08:56 AM
<deleted my own post>

sarasub1964
02-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Is the chat room down as i cant get in to it

BS4U
02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Seems to be working now

Tufty
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Yep...working fine for me, too

thepast
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Just to clarify.... recently many members have had a black screen for up to 30 seconds before chat loads... please be patient if it isn't instantanious! That being said, the chat program is stable & works well. People who frequently get "kicked" by the server either have a poor connection, not enough ram, or their cookies are filled...

danman7
12-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Just since the server change on Christmas Eve, I have been unable to get into Chat using Firefox version 3.5.6. I CAN get in using IE 8.0. It may be an add-on in Firefox that is causing the issue, but I'm not sure which one it could be. I've disabled the 2 that I thought it would be (Ad Block Plus and NoScript) and it still won't load.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Midnytedreams
12-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I use Mozilla Firefox and have no problems with chat....So don't think its Firefox maybe you should try setting the internet preferences to default..works for me.

danman7
12-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Hmm, strangely enough, I restarted FF without reloading all the (9) tabs I had open and with just bdsmlibrary open, I was able to get into chat just fine. Either an issue with memory, or one of the other tabs may be spawning a process that is conflicting some how. Anyway, problem solved.

rollsroycemk1
05-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi
How can you tell if you have been naaughty in chat and been dropped.Or is it a tech. problem?

thepast
05-13-2010, 09:14 PM
If you are kicked from chat for a rules infraction, you won't be able to get back in for a certain period of time. If you are banned from chat for a rules infraction, you won't be able to get back in for a certain period of time, or perm., depending on the ban.

ALL OTHER INSTANCES of being "kicked" from the room is simply your computer dropping the connection: your wifi drops the connection, your browser cookies are full, etc. It has NOTHING to do w/chat.

Tachyon
06-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Suddenly I cannot get into chat anymore. What has happened? Please advise

Tachyon

Torq
06-27-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php/23633-Revitalization!

maristar
06-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Just wondering if there is anyway to see who is online on chat before you go in?
I know you can see who is on the forums but is there a function to see for just that chatroom or aswell as the forums?
Thanks ft xx

Torq
06-28-2010, 04:04 AM
Nope,

T

Reya
11-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I've been having some trouble entering the chat forums lately, especially at night when I usually have more time to spend talking to people. Is anyone else having troubles? Or should I check for updates on my computer?

VaAugusta
11-02-2010, 07:34 AM
I haven't had any troubles Reya, maybe it'd be better to give a little more insight into your computer. For example, OS and browser are good starters to get help.

MitchC
12-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I just saw Torq's post advising that Internet Explorer be set as our browser for being in the chat room.

I have a problem: My computer had a virus earlier this week. I cannot access the library, or any other sites, via Internet Explorer, as my computer freezes up every time I try to do so. Although my Internet Explorer is the most recent version, I have a feeling it became corrupted or otherwise damaged by the virus I had.

I am currently using Google Chrome browser to access the forum and chat room. It seems fine, and has not given me any issues with accessing the forum or chat.

I would appreciate if a mod or someone who might have information about such issues, thinks it would be okay for me to still continue to access the forum and chat via Google Chrome?

Thanks,
Mitch

chipmunk_
12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Mitch.

Chrome seems to be consistently working well with the forums and that chat room. There shouldn't be any problem if you continue to use it.

I've been using only Chrome for over a month, now, and I haven't had any trouble.

Good luck!

chipmunk

MitchC
12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the reply, chipmunk. I appreciate it. I'm glad that you are having no issues accessing the chat and forum using Google Chrome. I'm going to keep using it as well, as long as I can keep accessing the chat and forum with it, because my Internet Explorer seems dead.

Take it easy,
Mitch

MasterAnon
12-23-2010, 12:40 AM
I can not connect to chat lately, i click the link and it loads up the html side of the page but the JavaScript part of it fails to work, normally i use chrome for visiting here, but chrome, ie, and firefox all don't work, plus i went onto a different computer and tried it with firefox, and again does not work. I keep trying to I've had 0 success

MasterMatthew70
04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi all can you log into chat via irc? If so what are the settings?

Anita Blake
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
sorry wrong thread

ImperialWaltz
05-27-2011, 11:02 PM
My friend keeps getting kicked out of chat and I know she wasn't been banned or any thing. this has happened 7 times. what is wrong with chat and why is it butting people??

ImperialWaltz
05-28-2011, 10:44 AM
no no I don't think that was the issue. we were just talking in Private Chat. nothing sexual or anything. just catching up as friend. if anyone between the two I should be the one who should have been knocked out of chat allot there coz I was the one being more sexual -chuckles- flirting is fun, you know?
she told me when she was responding her screen would go black and she would be sent out of the chat room or the same thing would happen two seconds after she comes back on.
So I was just wondering if it might have been a bug, thats all.

and I'll link her what you showed me

thanks

Minimargo
06-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Is it possible to chat on iPhone (safari)?
Margo

UnholyAdvent
07-01-2011, 06:12 AM
I know mobile isn't compatible with a whole lot but my phone has up to date flash and adobe reader, so just wondering a couple of things; 1: is that all that is required to run bdsmlibrary? If not then what other plugins are necessary? And 2: Is there a mobile version to bdsm?

lozerette
07-02-2011, 03:56 AM
FWIW, I browse on my android phone without much difficulty.

UnholyAdvent
07-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Yea same here, I just can't get chat to work.. does it work on your mobile?

ImperialWaltz
07-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm sure this is temporary but just a moment ago I clicked out of chat by mistake. Going back in it brings me to a white screen that says I need to download the newest version of Flash. I go to do this and it says my computer already has this downloaded and it auto updates itself whenever a new version comes out.

So my question is why is it telling me too do this? Is it just something wrong with my computer or is this happening too others? Just wondering.

Thanks

ImperialWaltz
07-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Nevermind its working now. Most of been something with my computer, as I though.

Thanks anyway

littlebitsexy{MR}
07-07-2011, 04:33 PM
help I can't find the chat Icon.. I want to enter Chat. Please help me

dysphoria
07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
ahh neither can I

~CreamySub~
07-07-2011, 04:44 PM
nor I

dysphoria
07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
*cries*

littlebitsexy{MR}
07-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Knock, Knock,... May I please come in?

kurious-kitten{KM}
07-07-2011, 04:49 PM
hehehe bitsy *starts picking the lock*

littlebitsexy{MR}
07-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I want to play too

dysphoria
07-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Theres a thread on "how to make sure you can see it" or whatever.. but none of that has worked for me

kurious-kitten{KM}
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
where?

dysphoria
07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php/24590-Recent-Difficulties-Accessing-Forums-Chat?p=904621#post904621

littlebitsexy{MR}
07-07-2011, 05:00 PM
does not work for me

trainmekitty
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
That post is from January. There is something going on now. The colors aren't right, the chat link is gone.

Domina_Katrina
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
yea when they re-modeled the webpage colors etc... they took away the chat button / link.... hope they fix it soon

~CreamySub~
07-07-2011, 05:12 PM
i was speeking to snark he is in chat, they hope it is fixed by tomarrow omg omg omg I need chat :( sososo sad

~CreamySub~
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
we can chat here lol. I tried looking for a back door was not one :(

annwyl_kittara
07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Omg!!! Having chat withdrawls!!!

Darkest Dragon
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
no chat icon hmmmm

annwyl_kittara
07-07-2011, 05:24 PM
:((

Darkest Dragon
07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
huffs and puffs but no chat grumbles and lowers His head watching for a door

annwyl_kittara
07-07-2011, 05:29 PM
*curls up in her corner and cries*

annwyl_kittara
07-07-2011, 05:29 PM
LOL Torq....

~CreamySub~
07-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I never new it said Head pervert under Torqs name :) Patience yes well I am working on it, have been punished about it also :( Thank you Torq we know u r doing your best

Daddyslittleslut {CYR}
07-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Thank you Torq Sir, for working on it so quickly.

Barbara4
07-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Give me Patience, and give it to me NOW!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Good Luck Torq, we miss the chat.

Switch_John
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
well. good things come in time. in the mean time.....lets have a pow wow

brace [EDQ]
07-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Torq,
Hopefully you will take our yearning as a compliment - we enjoy what you have created Sir.

love_m
07-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Thank you for all the posts from which I know I am not alone. :) Wow, this is almost like a chat room. Torq's presence is so exciting and His words reassuring !