PDA

View Full Version : Members

crazy_grrluk
10-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Can I make a suggestion please?

We have currently got 26,382 members as of this post.

If you go through the Members List there are a hell of a lot of Members who registered once and have never returned. I am also talking about 2-3 years they have been members, never posted and never returned.
In order to save valued space etc etc on the servers wouldnt it be wise to delete those accounts?
Dormant accounts take up so much space which could be used better elsewhere.

Just a thought as I am a Webmaster as well..and I know I wouldnt like to see valued space being used up by people who have never returned.

cg

Torq
10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Hello crazy grrluk;
Great thought and it is in the coming future to first e-mail all old members and ask to return or to tell us they're no longer interested. In addition there is in progress a clean-up of all outdate junk threads, personnals, etc. Believe it or not we had personnal in here dateing back to 2002. That also will help refresh things

TY

Be Well
T

crazy_grrluk
10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Thank you for replyiing

Euryleia
10-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Bear in mind that some of the members who don't post on the forum are posting bdsm book lists and reviews. Many times, when I go to follow-up on some of those who leave feedback for me or who have added my story to their bookshelf, I find that they've never posted on the forum. I wouldn't want these people to get lost.

Ozme52
10-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Not to mention those who sign up strictly to participate in the chat room.

Do these get there 'last visited' stats updated if they don't post?

annie
10-04-2007, 04:52 AM
Not to mention those who sign up strictly to participate in the chat room.

Do these get there 'last visited' stats updated if they don't post?

I don't know the answer to ER's question without some research, which I have added to the ever growing to do list. I do know the answer to this though Oz. The answer is yes, because they have to log in through the forums now so the log in is marked with a time stamp.