PDA

View Full Version : Ratios?

Sike
10-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Hi,

I'm a newbie, just wondering about the gender ratios... so I thought I'd post the question.

What gender and preference are people?

It seems like there are a split number of female and male subs, but how many are straight? gay? bi?

I wonder these things...

(bat)

-Sike

Ozme52
10-06-2007, 11:47 PM
An interesting question.

delia, Is there a way to query the database?

We could count up the genders and roles. Perhaps even cross reference it by age.

Selash
10-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Dom, Male, Straight.

ladygstar
10-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Lady, Switch, Bi - prefer to sub to men and Domme to ladies

Alex Bragi
10-07-2007, 07:20 AM
In r/l lifestyle circles that I have experienced, I would say about 90% of the female subs are bi... Male subs are generally straight... Dommes are about 40% straight, Doms about 90% straight... just my experiences though.

Online? MUCH harder to say...

Well, from what I've see I think v.t. the ratio is much the same as what delia has observed in r.t. Something I've also noticed, again just from my limited experience, is that male subs particularly seem to out number dommes at around six to one. Not that I'm complaining, of course. *g*

Oh, and while on the topic of statics and such, both on and off line, I was reading the other day that the average length of man's penis is actually five inches, while online it's around eight. *g*

Sir_Russell
10-07-2007, 09:21 AM
good point Alex. To that end I wonder what the ratio is between actual Dominants to subs in general is and also to Male Doms to female subs.

I have read that it is about 1 male Dom to 10 female subs. I am not sure if that number includes those that are actually abusers.

Another great ratio to find out is how many Doms and subs are old world raised. Been my experience that many of the women raised in countries like Greece are openly submissive to their husband even if they aren't to other men.

rach
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
female, real life bisexual with actual 'flesh' experience with men and women, submissive.

Naomisagoodgirl
10-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm so curious about the answer to this question. I've heard all sorts of different guesses about dom:sub ratios. Maybe we could do a poll?

I'm female, straight, sub (I do have some expereince with girls and it wasn't horrible, but I don't think I'd call myself bi)

TopHat
10-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I say very little but will reply to this by saying; Dom/Male/Straight/Average

Ozme52
10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
And Oz, I dunno about querying the database... but you can set up a call center and get one going ;-) I can see it now....
Oz: And are you submissive or dominant?
Person on the phone: I dunno, baby, why don't you tell me...
Oz: Come here and kneel
Person on the phone: fuck you
Oz: Definitely dominant...

*chuckles*

LOL. Sorry delia, I'm busy proofing another hypothesis right now.

"Submissives are ticklish between the big toes."

It's an extensive study and will require hundreds, if not thousands, of test subjects.

Sir_Russell
10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
let see if I can remember:
Male, Straight, Dom

Alex Bragi
10-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Oh, yea, and me? I'm a hetroflexible female switch. :)

Naomisagoodgirl
10-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh, yea, and me? I'm a hetroflexible female switch. :)

Ooo, heteroflexible, that's a good word. I'm totally using that.

gloombunny
10-09-2007, 12:53 AM
I guess it's a step up from "Bi Until Graduation", anyway...

Logic1
10-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Male Straight Dom here

and yes statistics can be really funny to read :p

slave-280-102-422{eV}
10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Female, bi, sub for both for now.

I think it has to do with the fact that S&M is just as much about experimenting and play as it is about labels, so it's something that people shift around in sometimes.

Polaris
10-13-2007, 02:15 AM
I have read that it is about 1 male Dom to 10 female subs. I am not sure if that number includes those that are actually abusers.

I don't think so, keeping in mind that about 1 of 4 women is in a relationship that is abusive on one level or another. That would make about 2.5 doms for 10 subs...if my math doesn't betray me which is very likely :)

As for me, I'm female/straight/sub...I think it has to do with our cultural conditinioning that there are more female subs (and consequentely fewer dommes). When I first began to dabble in the wonderful world of BDSM I always thought that if there was a shred of dominance in me, I'd only want to dom another woman, but by now this has actually changed. I'm not really eager to try it out either way, though. The one experience I had with a woman (in a non-BDSM context) wasn't horrible (in fact it was pretty good), but it has definitely confirmed my suspicion that I'm not very bi-sexual. But well, you can't know before you tried! ;) *stops babbling*

orangeblossoms
10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
I think part of it has to do with specific orientations during bdsm or D/s, because I can only ever be submissive to a man, because thats what feels natural to me, like the world is right when Im serving, but in regular everyday life, I sure do find the sight of a pretty girl quite yummy, just not to engage in the lifestyle with...so female sub to men, bi curious, something like that, geez labels are weird.

Sir_Russell
10-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Polaris,

I think that your math works but your stats don't. When I say Dom I do not mean abusers, or guys that like to knock their wives around to make their miserable life seem to make any sense. When I say Dom I mean one that cares deeply for his sub and treats her with the respect and honor she has earned, that has pride in himself and his sub.

Polaris
10-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Dear Sir_Russel,

I meant the same thing but most likely put it poorly. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that Doms equal abusers...there is such a big difference, and I find it regrettable and annoying at the same time that BDSM is often put into the "abuse" category. What I meant was that if they counted the abusers as Doms there would be more "Doms" (not the real ones but the fake, abusive ones) statistically for subs...ugh, I doubt that makes much more sense now :)

Sir_Russell
10-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Just as those guys aren't Doms their wives aren't real subs either, though not sure what they are some do turn to the Life once they leave the abuser. Sad if they feel they have to beat to be loved. morgan seems to be like that and I know she had an abuser for a husband

Wedjat
10-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Female, submissive, really, really straight.

I took a phych analysis test in college once that had one result I've thought about from time to time over the years, and I think some of it might fit in this discussion thread. I came out on this as 98 on heterosexual. Sounds OK until one realizes that this was on a Bell curve, which means the population in general had a mean of
50, and I was actually WAY higher on that characteristic than the average person and most of the population. (This was a standardized psych personality test and had been used on thousands, by the way. I also scored really high on empathy, if I recall.) At first I just thought that it meant that I was well adjusted in my sexuality. I'm not so sure anymore about that interpretation; although that is probably true too, I think that maybe it reflects more about the population in general.

My daughter made the comment recently that she had seen someone online say that "bi is the new black". There's a number of interpretations to that, but although I laughed at the time, in light of what I said about the psych test this makes more sense to me now. I think maybe our culture is at a time where people are simply expressing their true feelings more. I'm not sure what that means to our culture in general, but it is definitely an interesting time to live, and perhaps more accepting in some places. Who knows? (the test didn't get into Dom/submissive, but there are other aspects that could apply- like the empathy part, and if I recall, there was one on leadership. For example, I'm apparently not a leader, but didn't score highly on follower either. )

Like I said, it seemed pertinent to the discussion, and I'd like to see what people think Any aspiring grad students are welcome to take the idea and turn it into a thesis if they want, but I'll shut up now before THIS turns into one, which it's showing signs of becoming : )

Sir_Russell
10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Well said Wedjat and I think your right people are more excepting these days at least sexually.

wingsofanangel
10-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Just as those guys aren't Doms their wives aren't real subs either, though not sure what they are some do turn to the Life once they leave the abuser. Sad if they feel they have to beat to be loved. morgan seems to be like that and I know she had an abuser for a husband

You def. have a point with this...

and I am a straight submissive female for whomever is counting.

Wedjat
10-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Thank you Sir, you know I respect your comments. Maybe we'll actually get a chance to talk more about it one of these days : )

vsgurl607
10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Female Bi Sub here.

Don't forget to post these results. I'm interested to find out just what they are too.

vs

goalt
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
female, gay, submissive here.

Playfulsub
11-08-2007, 12:28 PM
female, bi, sub.

I've been bi far longer than I've been a sub.

gloombunny
11-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Transsexual female, bi-leaning-towards-lesbian, submissive-with-a-sadistic-streak.

Pretty straightforward, really.

angelic.zest
11-09-2007, 08:45 AM
im taking Alex answer

hetroflexible, female, submissive will sub to both but rather have a male Dom..ohh and i have a small sadistic side to me so i dont mind using a male sub(only ones i know) once in awhile

Xan_in_chains
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Well, I'm male, 19, I have been known to switch when necessary but I'm a sub at heart; I'd consider my Dom stints are more acting than anything else. I'm indiscriminate gender-wise. I TEND to feel that a Domme has more finesse than her male counterpart, though which means that might be my preference. That said, I enjoy the additional strength of a Dom as I enjoy straining against my Top's control-reassurance of their power etc.

rushfortomorow
12-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Male, Bi though I do lean more towards women but I enjoy both, sub.

fallenstar
12-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh, and while on the topic of statics and such, both on and off line, I was reading the other day that the average length of man's penis is actually five inches, while online it's around eight. *g*

heh i agree!! lol

female sub, straight(occassional bi..... tendencies? i dont know... can we open another catergory????? lol)

fallen.

likes_it_rough
12-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm a female sub,straight got love the dom males sighs....*

submissivemark
12-14-2007, 04:15 AM
Male, real life sub in a real life D/s marriage, very straight. As to penis size? Well let me just say that my Wife is VERY happy with it, & that's all that matters! LOL ;)

:cool:

Hime
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
female, real life bisexual with actual 'flesh' experience with men and women, submissive.

What she said. Oh, and I'm 22.

I think there's some switch in me, but I've never really gotten to find out.

thedominthehat
01-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Dom, Male, 24, Straight,
For once, I am the beneficiary of a favorable ratio.

deigja
01-12-2008, 03:55 PM
female, sub, 24, and i definitely feel more attracted to men than women. Still there are (really few) women I feel attracted to. my fantasies always are about men though... I never got to the point where my interest in a woman lead to a sexual experience so I canīt definitely say how straight i would not call myself really bi.

Euryleia
01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
female, lesbian, switch (real life experience as both Domme and sub)

cadence
01-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Female bi submissive cellist

DowntownAmber
01-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Female, sub, straight (I certainly don't mind a little play with other women, they are soft quite kissable but no real interest to pursue that).

J-Go
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Male, Dom, Straight

Hime
01-16-2008, 09:01 PM
J-Go, I think your avatar is making me straighter. :D

DowntownAmber
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM

Hey now! :dont: *hehehe*

Hey J, ever wonder why both our avatars are pictures of our asses?? *hehehe* That reminds me, I need to buy more nylons...

J-Go
01-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey now! *hehehe*

Hey J, ever wonder why both our avatars are pictures of our asses?? *hehehe* That reminds me, I need to buy more nylons...

Your nylons are just fine the way they are! I think most would agree to this!

J-Go
01-18-2008, 11:37 AM

Thanks Hime...I do what I can