PDA

View Full Version : can't do anything right?

good_girl
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Just wondering if any of you ever feel this way, this is still very new to me, to both of us for that matter, and I know we both have a lot to learn, but some days I feel like I am screwing up every time I do anything.
I am not sure how to express this to him, unfortunately we have little time to talk, most of our communication is through e-mail and it's hard to really express how I am feeling that way, not to mention I'm really not all that sure about how to tell him without telling him what to do.
Don't get me wrong, there are times when he makes me feel really good about myself and what I have done, and I enjoy the time we do get together, but other times I find I get so discouraged with myself that I have to talk myself out of just throwing in the towel.
I am just wondering if this is a common feeling, am I being over sensitive to criticism? In the past guys in my life just walked out on me and I never knew what I did wrong, but then I never knew what I did right either. I find it difficult when I have done something right and it doesn't get noticed, but rather what I have done wrong is pointed out to me instead. I want so badly to just stomp my feet and remind him of all the things I have done right for him...but I know better than that *smiles sweetly*

Sir_Russell
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Too many Doms fall into this trap including me at one time. Being a Dom does mean to help mould the sub into that which she wants to be. If the Dom is smart he knows when to praise and that it is needed a lot more often then is fault finding and lectures.

You are giving him a gift that is too be treasured. You do need to talk with him just do it in a very respectful manner. Let him know how this hurts you and how it will kill your sub if it continues.

That last part comes from experience

Naomisagoodgirl
10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I agree with Sir Russel. When you talk to him, you can ask him about choosing one thing at a time to work on. He can pick the thing he feels you need the most improvement on, and work on that, ignoring more minor problems for now. That way it won't feel like you can't do anything. This was a great help to me, I've learned a lot in the passed years. If I was confronted with my old self I would think "Geeze, you can't do anything!" But I didn't feel that way at time. I felt like I did most things right but just had to learn this one thing. And I still feel that way now (procrastination, I will conquer you!)

good_girl
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys, I spent some time in chat tonight, and figured out some things. Specifically, the one thing that was bugging me the most was that I had a task that was to be completed, and at the same time I completed that is when he became upset with me (for a different reason). I was upset that the task was not acknowledged. I also remembered that my biggest challenge for me is patience...so in that , he is probably not acknowledging the task as yet another lesson in patience (lucky me *rolls eyes*)
I do feel better now, thanks to everyone who helped me think this through and gave me any bits of advice, now I wait. :rolleyes: