PDA

View Full Version : Training

Nightstriker
03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Like I have said in my profile I am relatively new to this lifestyle and I have a question for all of the Dom's out there.

Where is the best place to begin training for a slave?

BDSM_Tourguide
03-24-2004, 01:28 PM
There are websites available for anyone interested in learning more about BDSM, if you take the time to do a search.

Castlerealm has always been the go-to for many in the lifestyle, but it's quite out of date and I don't believe the site has been updated in over a year. You can find it at http://www.castlerealm.com

A Dark Whisper is a newer site with a lot of information, but I find more of it to be opinion pieces than pure knowledge. You can find that site at http://www.adarkwhisper.com

Otherwise, I'd say look here. There are threads on a variety of topics and subjects. Do a search for whatever you happen to be looking for and I bet you'll find it. If not, start a thread on the subject. The search button can be found at the top right of your screen.

Nightstriker
03-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks TG I will check out those sites. But right now I have school work that I need to do and it is piling up on me.

*goes back to school work*

Nightstriker
03-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by andibabe
Oh wow, I had a reply all ready, and then I realized you were a dom male. Oops.

Well some of it still applies.

Other than just having knowledge in BDSM-practices, I think you need to have an overview of a lot of different things. You'd be suprirsed to know how useful it is to know a little about a lot - but also, dont' get cocky in your knowledge. By knowing things, and gaining experience in them - always try new things when you can! - you could be learning something that might apply later.

Did that make sense?
That it dose. I plan to get as broad a degree in University that I can. To just help me in general life.

fetish101
03-25-2004, 12:10 AM
I thought about getting a degree such as that as well, but then the practical side kicked in. What do you plan on doing with a broad stroke general degree (I'm assuming humanities or something) when you graduate? I'm in no way critizising you, but I just wonder about these things as university is very expensive. The opportunity cost of attending is quite high!

Nightstriker
03-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by fetish101
I thought about getting a degree such as that as well, but then the practical side kicked in. What do you plan on doing with a broad stroke general degree (I'm assuming humanities or something) when you graduate? I'm in no way critizising you, but I just wonder about these things as university is very expensive. The opportunity cost of attending is quite high!

Actually my degree is going to be in political sciences but that only takes up 9 of my 20 credits so I will have 11 electives. AS for a job I hope to get one in the political community.

Originally posted by andibabe
It doesn't have to be a university degree. Just experience things in life.

Get a chance to go rockclimbing? (first thing that jumped in my mind) - go for it!

Read, read, read..you'll be amazed at how much you pick up.

No actually I would be amazed. I have done a bunch of reading already. Gotta live the internet.

MrJerseyGuy
03-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I was new to this when I started dating my sub (and love of my life) over a year ago. I found these forums to be the single best source of knowledge. If you want to know about something...just ask.

Good luck!

MrJerseyGuy
03-25-2004, 08:01 PM
I just ran out the other night and picked up a copy of "The Story of O" because of all the references I've seen to it in the forum. I'm just starting the last chapter. Not bad...but I still get more useable info here.