PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter

mkemse
10-13-2007, 05:18 AM
What is UP with this lady, does she plan to polarize every ethinc group in this country over her latest rant. is she in such need of attention that she will insult anyone at any cost
This is based on her outregious remarks on CNBC the other night on Deny Deuchrd show "The Big Idea"
Even Denny was off camera outraged by what she said, he made off camer a remarks about her that appeared on the station later that day

Euryleia
10-13-2007, 07:57 AM
There is a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity that surrounds her. I try not to waste time or energy in thinking about her or her latest provocative statements. She's not worth it and my blood pressure can't handle it.

gagged_Louise
10-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Genetic code discoverer claims blacks are inherently dumb-witted or less committed

I've seen Ann Coulter briefly on Youtube though I kind of know her style and the vein of her arguments from hearsay... ;) It's no surprise that she'd get around to throw a slur at other people as unreliable or evil for their religious or ethnic background. Spitefulness makes headlines, but just as worrying a thing is that she'd seem to talk abbout people in a way as to reduce them to what they're able to buy, the strength of their wallets and the class of their homes and wages.

But even people who have far greater intelligence than Ms Coulter sometimes make amazing, stupid statements. Professor James Watson, one of the pioneers in identifying the DNA genetic code and awardee of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1957 (with Francis Crick) was quoted as saying it would be a "hot potato" to address the inherent differences in intelligence between blacks and whites, and this made him "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa".

"All our social policies are based on the /supposed/ fact that their intelligence is the same as ours whereas all the testing says not really," he was quoted as saying. We may think that everyone is generally equal and should not be classed into some inferior group, but Watson noted that "people who have to deal with black employees find this is simply not true...There are many people of colour who are very talented, but their managers don't promote them when they haven't succeeded at the lower level" he warned.

The University of Edinburgh had asked Watson to hold a lecture to the 50-year anniversary of his Nobel Prize, but cancelled it after his remarks made headlines, stating they were "unaccceptable". Guess I'd have to agree.

Isabelle90
10-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm finding it hard to believe that one woman could actually believe all of the things that Ann Coulter claims to. By making such outrageous comments, she is getting loads of media and promoting herself and her books. It must be working quite well because we keep seeing her!

As Euryleia says don't waste your time on people like that! Not worth the headaches!

Gagged Louise - I saw similar news about Dr. Watson. Among this statement, I also found:

“…a woman should have the right to abort her unborn child if tests could determine it would be homosexual.”

“I read that the frequency of schizophrenia goes up with the age of both parents.” This leads him to expound his latest socio-biological theory, that “****** is fighting against evolution” – because if evolution has selected for erectile-dysfunction disorder, it is to prevent older men fathering children. He suggests that “men should store sperm at 15 to be used if they want to be fathers at 80”.

Wow!

Euryleia
10-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, Watson has some bizarre ideas, too. The only good thing is that he doesn't have quite the range as the radio and TV personalities like Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly.

mkemse
10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, Watson has some bizarre ideas, too. The only good thing is that he doesn't have quite the range as the radio and TV personalities like Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly.

I agree, my concern is who is more offensive, Coulter or O'Rielly, this may be to close to call, someone needs to stop THIS spin doctor

Isabelle90
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I agree, my concern is who is more offensive, Coulter or O'Rielly, this may be to close to call, someone needs to stop THIS spin doctor

Why would we want to stop them? We are a country that allows freedom of speech. (Just one of the added perks that brings so many.) If we start silencing individuals because their beliefs don’t align with our own, we would be akin to Iraq during the reign of Sadam Hussein.

I might not agree with everything in the media, but I wouldn’t want them to only report things dictated by our government.

I’ll stick with turning the channel.:)

mkemse
10-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Why would we want to stop them? We are a country that allows freedom of speech. (Just one of the added perks that brings so many.) If we start silencing individuals because their beliefs don’t align with our own, we would be akin to Iraq during the reign of Sadam Hussein.

I might not agree with everything in the media, but I wouldn’t want them to only report things dictated by our government.

I’ll stick with turning the channel.:)

It is how they say what they say, that's all

Playfulsub
11-15-2007, 08:46 AM
She's an attention whore, pure and simple. She has a personality that gets off on causing controversy and drawing attention to herself. If I were a shrink, I would diagnose her with narcissistic or hystrionic personality disorder, or both. She also makes a hell of a lot of money doing it, so it's being reinforced for her.

I agree with Isabelle though, don't censor the idiots, just ignore them.