PDA

View Full Version : E is for Enema

thepast
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
E is for Enema

Enemas are used for primarily two different functions in BDSM: First, they are used for hygienic reasons—enemas ensure “cleaner” anal play, eliminating some of the distasteful reasons people sometimes shun anal play. Second, enemas are used for actual play—by inserting and holding in excess liquid, there is an element of painful/pleasurable muscle control.

Safety Warning
Enemas may interfere with normal bodily functions, and if your body is at all compromised, you should take care and seek doctor’s advice before using enemas. Pregnancy, diabetes and heart conditions are just some of the conditions under which you should consult a doctor prior to playing with enemas.

Technique
Types of enemas: There are 2 main types of enemas: The store-purchased, pre-filled, chemically treated ones, whose goal is to flush your bowels out. These enemas are quick working (2-5 minutes), but may not result in complete “cleaning” and may have continual leakage after the enema is expelled. The second type of enema is more commonly used for BDSM play. It involves a certain quantity of fluid (0.5-1 liter is within safe bounds) that is pushed into the bowels and held. Usually these enemas involve warm water and a refillable enema bag. Unlike a chemical enema, repeated iterations of the second type will produce a “clean” bowel ready for fisting or other anal play.

Procedure of an enema:
1. You will need an enema bag, a nozzle, and a tube to connect the nozzle to the bag. The only part that should go internally is the nozzle. Ensure that the nozzle has been cleaned with anti-bacterial soap and hot water to sterilize it as best as possible. Then connect the nozzle to the tube and the tube to the bag. Ensure you have a clamp to shut off the flow between the tube and the bag.
2. Fill the enema bag with the desired liquid. Although many fiction stories discuss adding things like hot sauce, ginger, etc., these ingredients can be extremely harmful and should not be used.
3. Lube the ass hole of the individual receiving the enema. The lube will help the nozzle to slide in easier.
4. Open the clamp on the bag—allow some of the liquid to dispel, getting rid of air bubbles. Slide the nozzle into the ass slowly—leave some of the nozzle external in order to enable you to remove it easier. Then allow the liquid to slowly flow into the ass- you want to hold the enema bag parallel to the nozzle—if you hold the bag above the nozzle, the liquid has a tendency to rush into the rectum too fast.
5. When all the water has flowed in, remove the nozzle and replace with a well-lubricated butt plug.
6. Sit back and enjoy watching your partner squirm as the liquid becomes uncomfortable. *grins* When is it time to remove the plug? When it begins to no longer be uncomfortable, but painful. Remove the plug and allow your partner to expel the liquid into either the bathtub or toilet. Repeat the enema as many times as desired.

Links to other threads in the Forums:
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10952&highlight=enema (great info thread on enemas)
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4921&highlight=enema
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384&highlight=enema

Links to Other Sites:
http://www.albanypowerexchange.com/BDSMinfo/enemas.htm --Good general info on enemas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enema --Wikipedia’s enema article
http://www.enemaloversguide.com/info.shtml --Enema Lover’s Guide. Dozens of links to good enema sites on the web (incl. FAQ & general info)
http://www.enematips.com/ --Enema Tips website (vanilla)

annie
11-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Only queen slutto could give such great step by step instructions.... lol ;)

pyrogirl
11-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Where else but here can you find such intimate instruction and who else but Delia could be the professor? That's awesome!

mysc
04-23-2008, 02:15 AM
I just wanted to add some info on the dangers of using tap water enemas:

How to: Enemas – Safety and Health

I’ve decided to write this piece on Enemas because I noticed a lot of people have questions on the subject, and/or using Enemas the wrong way. When I first started to use Enemas I did what a lot of people did, get a kit and fill up a bottle of water and plunged into the deep. I soon noticed a slight dizzy feeling, nausea and a lot of peeing. At first I thought it was just some sign of my body that needed getting used to. But when that didn’t stop I started to read up on them, including medical cases. This is what I found out:

Enemas in general:

-Like a lot of things you need time, never do them in a hurry
-Don’t start out with great amounts, I know it sounds kinky and hot in stories but it’s not safe.
-If something does not feel right, get some medical advice.
-If you have an intestine disease (like Crohn’s disease, Colitis, etc) or an intestine disorder (like Endometriosis or Irritable bowel syndrome) ask your doctor first.

The danger of using tap-water only

Tap water enemas lead to decreased sodium and potassium, and can lead to water intoxication. More problems are caused by small changes in potassium levels than by changes in the other electrolytes.

Hypervolemic hypotonic hyponatremia may result from psychogenic polydipsia or multiple tap water enemas.

Symptoms of hyponatremia manifest themselves when changes in serum sodium levels are rapid or large and include headache, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, disorientation, and depressed reflexes. Symptoms are usually observed at serum sodium concentrations of less than 125 mEq/L. Untreated patients may develop complications including seizures, coma, respiratory arrest, permanent brain damage, and death.

Prevention:

Add 1 tablespoon of salt per quart of water. By adding salt to the water solution you reduced the transfer of water into and out of the colon. This prevents filling your kidneys and bladder with water. It will eliminate the frequent trips needed to urinate while receiving enemas.

There are more Enema recipes on the net which you can use, but it’s still a risky business.

And again, I can’t stress this enough, if it doesn’t feel right, stop and get advice!

fetishdj
04-23-2008, 02:52 AM
Agree with all the above. One thing to remember about the bowel is that it is the primary place where water (in the form of gastric and pancreatic juices as well as in the form of liquid drunk with food) is reabsorbed into the body. It is therefore histologically and physiologically good at absorbing liquids.

There are also stories out there about alcohol enemas and these are also very dangerous to do as the absorption rate of alcohol in the bowel is a lot more efficient than anywhere else in the body (and it is bad enough when you spray alcohol into the air and accidently breath it in while working in a microbiology lab... :) ) . You therefore get drunk a lot quicker - often to dangerously toxic levels without you knowing. I have seen some pages discussing wine enemas and they all suggest a mix of wine and water that is mostly water. I do not condone doing this but if you do want to experiment with it I suggest you check out safe ways to do it.

With regards to IBS... yes, check with a doctor before you do anything. However, if you do have IBS (which is doctorese for 'there's something wrong with your bowel but buggered if we know what it is'), then you may be interested to know that at least one person I know has reported the IBS symptoms more or less completely vanishing for a short while (several months) following an enema that was given in preparation for an investigation. Clearly the enema had flushed something out that was causing the irritation.

Incidentally, piece of trivia, one of the standard military procedures for treating hypothermia is to use a warm water enema to quickly warm the body core.

boundbyu
04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
just one note

a friend of mine expermented with a champagn Enema once and got really drunk off of it and was very sick the next day. I woulnt advise using anything other then water because of that.

claire
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Somewhere I read or came across the idea of a carbonated enema (either carbonated water, soda water, or soda pop), possibly part of the reason for the unfortunate champagne enema mentioned above. Does anyone know anything about the safety of such a thing? Seems like the sensations might be very interesting.

funtime37
07-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I am not a doctor but i been told from a doctor that when they use carbon dioxide to inflate parts of the body when doing arthroscopic surgies that the gas will some times enter the blood stream and cause joint pain similar to the bends that scuba divers get when the come up to the surface to fast. that being said i would suspect that the carbon dioxide bubbles from the champagne could enter the blood stream and cause some of the same problems.

fetishdj
07-01-2008, 09:23 AM
The CO2 does cause greater absorption of alcohol in to the blood (its why champagne gets you tipsy quicker - greater surface area of absorbtion). It can also cause the bends as described above if the gas itself gets into the blood. This is very dangerous.

As I said, be very careful with anything other than water for enemas...

shadowlev
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
A common thing in a lot of enema fiction is a soapsuds enema. I have to say that you should NEVER use ordinary soap for this (hand soap, shampoo, dishsoap) as they irritate the bowel and often contain anti-microbial agents that can damage the bacteria in your intestines. Also, most contain sodium laureth sulfate which is thought to be carcinogenic, although not proven.
If you have to have a soapsud enema, use a plant, animal, or other food-based soap. Some examples are the very popular Castile soap and goat milk soaps.
A popular additive that was bragged to be healthful was the coffee enema, which was know as the Gerson therapy. This is believed to have been the cause of three deaths in the United States.
Okay, fun fact time! The enjoyment of enemas is called klismaphilia. *skips around* I'm a klismaphiliac, I'm a klismaphiliac!

icey
10-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Most people find that a warm water enema can be held more easily than a cold one. Many use a very warm enema when they want to fill themselves with the maximum amount of water possible. and cool water when needing to force out water and material that is stuck in the bowels. The temperatures given are that of the water as it is poured into the bag. It cools off a little before it gets into the colon. Don't try to judge temperature with your fingers, they're too unreliable. If you don't want to use a thermometer, you can use your tongue! It's a fairly reliable reference for body temperature.

Cool water is around 30 - 35 degrees.
Warm water 40 - 42 degrees.
Hot water is 43 - 45 degrees.

Don't use water any hotter than 45 or you can scald the colon. It can be taken as cold as the submissive can stand, some prefer crushed ice enemas, but most people couldn't accept water that cold into their bowel. The Anus is the external sphincter that closes off the rectum from the outside of the body. It is a ring of muscles. Which can easily stretch to about 1-inch diameter, and can be stretched wider if done slowly and carefully.

The rectum is a powerful muscular organ about 5 inches long, with a sphincter at each end. The sigmoid colon is a looped section of the bowel just above the rectum. It is shaped a bit like a question mark, hence its name. The loop occurs at about a depth of ten inches, as can be felt if you push a firm object into the rectum, and up through the inner sphincter. The sigmoid comes in two sizes . There is the long sigmoid and the short sigmoid, some people are born with one in between the two distributions of sizes. Those who have the larger size sigmoid can usually take about a full quart of water more than those with the short one.

The descending colon is in the left side of the lower abdomen, and can be easily felt if the abdominal muscles are fully relaxed. It hugs the left wall of the pelvis, and reaches up to the splenic flexure, which is just under the left rib cage. The transverse colon extends from the splenic flexure to the hepatic flexure, right across the abdomen on the right. It follows a sagging course across, and in many people sags about ¾ of the way down in the middle.

The ascending colon is on the right side of the pelvis, and the lowest part of it is called the cecum, the part of the colon where the small intestine expels its contents into the colon in a liquid form. It is the, part of the colon with the largest diameter, and is most effective in absorbing water. After taking a large enema, have the submissive stand in front of a mirror, with the light from a ceiling lamp falling across the abdomen, and the shadows will make many of these structures readily apparent. The transverse should show up as a shadow about 2-3 inches below the belly button. When lying face down on a bed, the cecum will expand to an enormous size, lift the submissives body a few inches with the hands and knees and the right side of the belly will clearly show the shape and position of this part of the colon. The colon narrows gradually from the cecum (about 2 1/2 to 3 inches when distended) to the sigmoid, about 1 to 1/4 inches diameter.

There are many positions in which an enema can be taken. Two of the most widely known are the "Sims" position and the "Knee-Chest" position. The Sims position has the submissive lying on the left side, with the right knee brought up near the chest. The Knee-chest position has the enemee supported by the knees and the shoulders, with the chest sagging down, so that the chest almost touches the floor. This places the adomen nearly upside down, so that the water can flow down from the rectum to the transverse colon by gravity. In cases of deep-seated constipation, this position will help the water reach way up into the colon for a good cleaning out. It is also useful in a technique for floating air or gas in the colon above the water so that the air can be expelled.

Standing upright requires you to hold the tube in the anus unless you use a nozzle that can be held in, but it allows the submissive to accept more water than any other position. Lying on the back is a favourite position, especially for the first enema of a session. You can watch the bag slowly deflate, and you can also watch the abdomen expand as the water enters the colon. The submissive should lie down so that he/she can prop their head against a wall, like a pillow. It will probably be most comfortable if the knees are raised. You will first see the belly swell very low, just above the crotch, as the sigmoid expands. Then you will see the left side start to bulge as the water enters the descending colon. The submissive will be in a position to massage the bowel as well as feel the shape and position of the colon. Lying in a face down position can be done, but pressing the belly on the floor restricts the abdomen's need to expand. Lying face down and arching the back by raising the upper body on the elbows is a very stimulating position, and lifts the belly up from the floor. Lying on the right side is the opposite of the Sims position, and causes the water to flow down into the cecum. When you do this, feel the ballooning out of the cecum, the part of the colon with the largest diameter. Sitting on the floor allows the submissive to tense certain skeletal muscles, and can lead to a powerful orgasm if the Dominant so chooses. The floor helps hold the nozzle in. This is not the best position for filling and cleaning the bowel however. Reclining is similar to sitting, but the submissive needs to lean back against something. Standing on the head uses gravity to force the water down into the transverse colon, which usually needs a good cleaning out anyway, especially when constipated. Reclining in the bathtub is quite comfortable, except that the tub may be cold. There is also the advantage of not having to worry about leakage. Leaning over the edge of the bathtub is similar to getting on your hands and knees, but it leaves the hands and arms free, and is a little easier to stay in that position for a while. Sitting on the edge of the bathtub is comfortable, and is the way to do a faucet enema, as described in the equipment.

Every individual has his or her own capacity, and it will change from each enema to the next. The cleanliness of the colon and the amount of gas present will have a great effect on the amount of water that can be taken. Medical researchers have determined that the average adult human colon has a capacity of 7 quarts. This measurement may have been made using colons removed from cadavers, who wouldn't complain about the pressure. It may be that the average colon has this capacity, but that no one except a woman who has just delivered a baby has that much room in the abdomen to allow the colon to expand to its fullest.

You may want to experiment with this by giving/ taking the largest enema that is comfortable, and then rolling the submissive from side to side very slowly and seeing if the water runs downhill to distend the lower side more. You will probably find that the lower part of the colon will be noticeably more swollen, indicating that the abdomen is unable to expand any further.To allow the colon to accept any more fluid. Fifty or so years ago, most adult patients receiving barium enemas were given 4 quarts of the barium solution and made to hold it during an X-ray procedure. At the same time, the enema bags sold in chemists held 3 or 4 quarts, and many people felt that they could not be properly cleaned out unless they took the full bag. Today's chemists fountain syringes do not hold over 2 quarts, which many feel is a real shame. Most people will find it difficult to retain an enema for more than 5 minutes. If the bowel is not clean, then the peristaltic action of the colon will push against the faecal masses and produce intense pressure. This frequently happens with the first enema in a series. Not much to do but expel and try again. If the submissive gets a strong cramp and an urge to expel, getting up is the worst thing he/she can do. Making the descending colon vertical adds gravity to the force pushing out. This is how to have an accident, wait while lying down. The pressure will pass in 10-15 seconds as the wave of peristalsis passes the sigmoid colon and reaches the end. Then you can get up and expel without straining to hold it in. If the submissive must go to the toilet, and the pressure is intense, hold the buttocks together with both hands. This helps the anal muscles keep it in.

Another trick to use is to lie face down on the bed, and wait for three waves of cramps to pass down. After the third cramp, walk leisurely to the toilet to expel, and get a real good expulsion of all that stuff. If the cramps are extreme, however, don't wait. Another aid in retaining the water is to get into the knee-chest position when the pressure builds. This causes gravity to help hold the water in.

Another method is to lie on the back, and massage the colon with both hands. Whenever pressure builds, or a big bulge can be felt massage around that area until the pressure relaxes. Some people recommend rolling from one side to the other every minute or so. The idea is that the water will flow repeatedly downhill, alternately filling the descending and sigmoid colon and then running down to the cecum. This is supposed to break up any masses in the transverse. Need I mention that some people use a butt plug to hold the water in?

Most people expel their enemas while seated on the toilet. However this is probably not the best position for expelling water from the colon because of the need for the wide cecum to push the water up hill to the transverse, and then for the transverse to pump it back up its sag to get it to the descending. A large volume in the descending will cause the descending colon to slide down the left side and kink where it meets the sigmoid. If you can feel lots of water bulging on the left side, but can't get it out, change positions. Getting up and laying back down for a moment, or getting into the knee-chest position, or just turn around as if looking over the right shoulder. These techniques can un-kink the descending, and get the water passing out again. Some people prefer to expel in the bathtub, which is much easier, because the colon does not need to lift water to get it out. This is extremely messy, however, so don't do it unless you don't mind cleaning up. If the colon becomes severely blocked while holding an enema, you may prefer to do this rather than call the paramedics. In the hospital, patients are frequently given a bedpan when expelling enemas, to get the same benefit of the position. If there is substantial gas in the colon, it may be very difficult for the colon to lift water when large air bubbles are present. These like to collect at the hepatic flexure, high on the right side, and can be detected by a rumbling sound when you press there. If you want to get the gas out, sitting on the floor and making sure the gas is at the hepatic will help. Rolling slowly onto the right side, then massaging the transverse, following its course with your hands. You will know that you are moving that gas by the rumbling. When you have the gas moved to the splenic flexure, the submissive should move quickly to the knee-chest position. Now massage the transcending colon upward, from the ribs to the groin on the left side (the submissive will be upside down, remember) until the gas has moved to the sigmoid.

Use heavy massage in the groin area, to move water out of the sigmoid, and move the gas in. When this is done, he/she will need to get on the toilet quickly, and should be able to expel a prodigious gas blast. This procedure may have to be repeated several times, but when all the gas is out of the colon the water should be expelled quickly.

Don't sit on the toilet for more that a few minutes if there is no water coming out. Sitting too long and straining are the chief causes of haemorrhoids. Those will certainly ruin the enema pleasure. If nothing is coming out, laying back down either face down or up, or getting into the knee-chest position. These will help the water move.

The standard enema apparatus available in the chemist can be divided into several types. There is the open-top fountain syringe, usable for enemas and douches. There is the closed-top type bag, which can also be used as a hot- water bottle. There is the four-way type, which also is intended to be used as an ice bag. Most of these units offer 2 quart capacity. If that is the body limit, the open-top fountain syringe is the best type to use, because it is very convenient. The enema and douche nozzles that come with these units leave much to be desired. There are also discreet type units sold primarily for feminine hygiene use, but some come with enema tips also.These are good because a woman can put them in her purse.

Shy - An expandable syringe that is filled by pressing the mouth of the bag against the sink faucet. This bag will hold 4 quarts. The big drawback is that it has no way to shut off the flow except to remove the bag from the tube, which will cause the water to flow from the rectum. What you need to do is to attach a hose with a clamp to the nozzle, which is inserted into the bag. You can pour liquid soap into the bag before filling with water. Here are some descriptions of exotic enema equipment you can build from commonly available items. The faucet enema is not for the inexperienced. If you don't have much enema experience, I suggest that you start with a standard 2-quart open-top fountain syringe from the local chemist. When the submissive is able to take 2 fillings of the bag at one time, then you are ready to get more exotic.

Actually, the equipment for the faucet enema is available at any hardware store. It is called a shower hose adapter for the bathtub faucet. It has a rubber fitting that fits over the bathtub faucet, a hose, and a rubber shower head. Attach the faucet fitting to the bathtub faucet, remove the shower head from the end of the hose, and you are ready. Set the faucets to a gentle flow, with a temperature that feels a little warm to the tongue. Sit on the edge of the tub, and ease the flowing hose against and then into the anus. He/she will feel the water filling the rectum. They should relax the bowels as much as possible, and you don't need to worry about spilling a little water into the tub. When the bowels feel full, remove the hose and wait a moment. The feeling of pressure should pass, then insert again. When totally full, move to the toilet and expel the water. You can repeat the process as many times as you like. Since the water is always running, you can move back and forth between the tub and toilet very quickly, and get a good cleaning out in about a half hour to 45 minutes. When the bowel is clean, use as much water as you can. You can also adapt a colon tube or other nozzle to the flexible hose on a personal shower head. A few cautionary notes about the above procedure! The pressure from the water faucet is enough to burst the colon. Don't let the pressure rise too much in the bowel.

When the pressure is strong, pull the tube out, or let the water pass out of the rectum. Don't use water that is too hot. Use some lubricant on the anus first, and after every few insertions. If he/she has a very large colon, or heart disease, the water absorption can be deadly. You must use water with salt in it to avoid "hyponatremic shock" - dilution of blood electrolyte.

A 4 quart enema jug can be made from a Rubbermaid 1 gallon orange-juice pitcher. Drill a hole near the bottom of the pitcher, insert an all-thread pipe nipple of about 3/8" size, and seal with nuts pressing and rubber washers sealed with RTV (bathtub caulk) or contact cement. Attach plastic tubing to exposed end of pipe nipple, held with hose clamp, and sealed with same sealant. You will have to make or order a large diameter enema nozzle or colon tube, although the end of the plastic tube can be smoothed off and used just like that.

A 4 quart bag can be made from a Faultless brand ice bag. Drill a hole in the center of the plastic cap, and adapt as above with the pipe nipple, etc. Get an 8-32 Eye Bolt with machine screw threads, 2 8-32 fender washers as large as available, and 2 8-32 nuts. Poke a hole in the center of the end of the bag opposite the filling mouth just big enough to take the eye bolt. Screw one nut onto the eye bolt. Place a washer on the eye bolt. Put contact cement onto the washer facing away from the ring end. Push into the bag from the outside. Coat the other washer with contact cement, and place over the exposed end of the eye bolt inside the bag. Screw the other nut on to hold the bag between the two washers. This should provide a leak-proof hanging hook for the bag. Glop some contact cement on the inside washer and nut to prevent rust. Voila! A 4-quart enema bag!

Nozzles and tubes: There are many different types of nozzles and tubes available for inserting into the rectum. What you want is either a colon tube (a rubber tube from ¼" to ½" diameter and anywhere from 10" to 3 feet long) or a nozzle with a bulb on the end, to help you hold it in. These are called "N-Tips". Some of the best drug stores carry these items, but you will have to ask for them. Some drug stores also carry the fleet high volume bag enema or an equivalent brand, these are made of plastic and will not deteriorate when oils are used, as a rubber bag will. The "high-volume bag" usually holds 2500 CC (over 2 quarts) but in the same series, the manufacturers make a barium enema container which can be ordered, and it has 3500 cc capacity (almost 4 quarts). Medical and ostomy stores carry many of these items. These are considered disposable, but with a little care they will last a long time.

The Colon Tube is a straight tube with a rounded end, and usually a small hole in the side near the tip. They come in many sizes, and are usually measured in "French" sizes. 28 French is a small tube, and 36 is fairly large.

Enemas are NOT recommended for pain play.

Ninva
11-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow, that's a lot to take in... *giggle*

I just wanted to add that after my first experience with salt in the solution, I would never go back to plain water. It's just sooo much nicer when you don't have to pee every few minutes!

denuseri
11-21-2008, 12:52 AM
I do like a good enema the old fashioned way, every once in a while, (sometimes even with an audience bless my humili slut heart) coughs and blushes...but for the most part I get clean back there with a little rubberized squishy bulb, I suck some water or the desired fluid mixture up into the rubber bulb, stick the end in my hinnie flush the fluid in and then evacuate into a toliet allmost imedieatly without holding it for any more than 30 seconds.

Its fast and convient (takes all of mabey 2 minutes to accomplish from start to finnish) and the blub can be collapsed and carried in a lil plastic bag in my purse.

Just perfect for travel and indulging in the sudden urge for anal sex without the fear of getting all poopy. If your inventive it is great for just about when or where ever the mood may strike.

sylvirmyst
11-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Just a comment for anyone reading this thread who may be squeamish about the process-after reading this thread and giving it careful consideration I decided it was probably time this old girl learned a few new tricks. I can happily report the information here is quality and whatever you may have heard about enemas, it just ain't so!

icey
12-05-2008, 02:54 PM
some people also like to do coffee enemas too in the belief that it also detoxes them, although there's no proof to that but the caffiene can be stimulative as it absorbs nto the bloodstream fairly quickly and gives a temporary high

Minikin
01-18-2009, 02:52 AM
well all the threads above are very interesting and informative thanks