PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear of the "Pear of Anguish"?

jeffh83
11-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Did anyone hear of the "Pear of Anguish"? It's the cruelest, scariest torture mechanism from the middle ages. Check it out
http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/3643/does-the-existence-of-the-pear-of-anguish-prove-that-during-the-middle-ages-the-human-race-was-crueler

Isabelle90
11-08-2007, 01:16 PM
While researching BDSM, I found this website with other medieval torture devices. Very interesting and intriguing!!

Medieval Torture (http://www.medievality.com/torture.html)

gagged_Louise
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I've heard about "Spanish boots" for sure, but not the pear. The boots are sort of the opposite principle, they always struck me as belonging in the Torture Top Ten.

Ozme52
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Did anyone hear of the "Pear of Anguish"? It's the cruelest, scariest torture mechanism from the middle ages. Check it out
http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/3643/does-the-existence-of-the-pear-of-anguish-prove-that-during-the-middle-ages-the-human-race-was-crueler

Now-a-days... that's called a medical speculum. :rolleyes:

...okay, not really. But darn close.

Ozme52
11-08-2007, 03:14 PM
While researching BDSM, I found this website with other medieval torture devices. Very interesting and intriguing!!

Medieval Torture (http://www.medievality.com/torture.html)

The problem with real torture devices is the girlchicks and boychicks don't come out the other side looking the same. I'll stick with more modern lifestyle tortures that can be used repetitively without having to constantly find new victims. :icon176:

gagged_Louise
11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
The problem with real torture devices is the girlchicks and boychicks don't come out the other side looking the same. I'll stick with more modern lifestyle tortures that can be used repetitively without having to constantly find new victims. :icon176:

they don't make 'em like they used to... :D

Alex Bragi
11-08-2007, 09:38 PM
You know what is really weird? I love reading about bdsm and seeing pictures of people tied up being whipped and such, by leather clad dominants who are generally sadistic and abusive, but images and description like that of the “Pear of Anguish” really disturb me. I mean really, really bother me. Even weirder, however, is that the fact that I just can’t help myself, I have a compulsion towards them. I mean, I knew immediately when I opened this thread what it was all about and what the link would lead to but I still had to click on it.

Logic1
11-09-2007, 02:48 AM
I am with you Alex.
These things disturb me, the amount of actual torture inflicted on us human beings was horrible and yet I am drawn to looking at it.
But now even with the Geneva convention some governments (mostly non democratic but even some democratic ones) uses what we would call torture today to get information or force a confession out of the prisoner.

_ID_
11-09-2007, 07:22 AM
They use the pear in some of the videos I have seen. Insex and hard tied for instance. The cool thing about the pear, it inflicts just as much pain as you want it to... For a woman with a small vagina it only needs to be put in. For a woman that can be double fisted, it might need to be opened up all the way.

Isabelle90
11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
You know what is really weird? I love reading about bdsm and seeing pictures of people tied up being whipped and such, by leather clad dominants who are generally sadistic and abusive, but images and description like that of the “Pear of Anguish” really disturb me. I mean really, really bother me. Even weirder, however, is that the fact that I just can’t help myself, I have a compulsion towards them. I mean, I knew immediately when I opened this thread what it was all about and what the link would lead to but I still had to click on it.

It's like an accident that you just can't quite turn away from. You know it's bad and awful, but you're drawn to look. I'm with you and Logic1 on this one. Gruesome, but interesting.

jeanne
11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
For a woman that can be double fisted, it might need to be opened up all the way.

Just reading that made me cringe. And I haven't even looked at the link yet. It sounds far too scary.

Arria
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I am with Alex Bragi here.
But I think it is helpful to be aware of the fact that one distinguishes between mind and body (ideas that your conscious mind hates might be arousing your body, and that can be confusing), and things that were done to strangers versus things that are done to a lover.

One example of this is female circumcision. While I abhor this practice when it is done to unwilling women for "cultural" purposes, and would put and end to that practice straight away if it was in my power to do so, I find the idea of having my favourite body parts removed a very strong turn-on.
I could not tell if it is the pain or the fear I like of that idea, but there it is.
As I am aware it would be a one-time fun only, and I would not be able to feel much afterwards - AND as I don´t want a heap of ugly scar tissue between my legs -, I would of course not want to have it performed in real life.

While I am rather disgusted at the amount of effort and fantasy that people have put (and still do put) into creating methods and devices that yield as much pain as possible from victims they have never met before, and that never did them any harm, I must admit that I have quite a few non-con, un-safe fantasies running in regards of my own sex life.
Reading the other responses here, I come to realize that might be not as unusual as I thought it was.

It also leaves me wondering where the people of today vent off the aggression which very apparently is a part of human nature.

Ozme52
11-11-2007, 01:46 PM
It also leaves me wondering where the people of today vent off the aggression which very apparently is a part of human nature.

Football?
Soccer?
Pro-wrestling!!

Seriously... I used to do the medieval tournament thing. Great for blowing off a little steam.

(and also why I have an interest in medieval settings for non-con fantasies)

Arria
11-11-2007, 01:59 PM
*grins very broadly at Ozme* Oh really?

gagged_Louise
11-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I can just imagine that about you, homored Oz. ;)

And like Arria I'm sometimes a sucker for non-con fantasies (though it's by no means the only field of turn-on, of course). I remember a writer many decades ago citing newspaper reports of the Finnish Civil War in 1918 - a struggle when propaganda ran high on both sides. The reports had been claiming farmsteads were looted (true. occasionally), some of the men shot dead and the women left kneeling and bound with their tongues literally nailed into the dining table, presumably some after being raped. That was no doubt a made up horror story, but what the woman writer recognized, looking back fifteen years, was the powerful, shameful masochist turn-on she'd got from reading it in the papers (she was 18 at the time).

I remember feeling tingled by Edward Gibbon's chapter about the fall of Constatinople in 1453, at the end of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire with ladies dragged off into slavery...The Middle Ages are indeed a breeding-ground for this kind of fantasy.

katerina28
03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Is it possible for a woman to come in climax with the Pear?

icey
03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
having it held near you and touched or 'threatened' with it i would imagine could be a huge turn on and make you cum very very quickly wow now thats a lovely thought ...it would probably work for me! i love to fantasise about and be 'threatened' with the real torture stuff.... but using it for real *shudders* ive read up on most medieval torture techniques and equipment like others im strongly drawn to it and at times i really wish it were me being tortured ...but i want to stay alive and in one piece thanks!!

Alex Bragi
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
... ive read up on most medieval torture techniques and equipment like others im strongly drawn to it and at times i really wish it were me being tortured ...but i want to stay alive and in one piece thanks!!

You know this reminds of something interesting we were disgussing over dinner a while back with a few friends, where do masochists go when they die if they're lived sinful lives?

icey
03-11-2008, 12:06 AM
ive often wondered is it hell ;) but....if i still get to play the games i do now then i guess it would be heaven!! i'll take some chains for those pearly gates lol

gemmy
03-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Just reading that made me cringe. And I haven't even looked at the link yet. It sounds far too scary.

i'm with you hun! think i'll hold off looking just yet *winks*

DOMLORD
03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
good stuff

katerina28
03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
sometimes I dream it(the pear). I think it can give me the sensation of kid birthing.

Silus
03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
yeah, not really into the pertinent damage of a submissive....but new reading thats for sure.

Gr1m'sGirl
03-12-2008, 09:02 PM
ive often wondered is it hell ;) but....if i still get to play the games i do now then i guess it would be heaven!! i'll take some chains for those pearly gates lol

How weird, I was just thinking about this out of the blue a few days ago. :D

gagged_Louise
03-12-2008, 11:11 PM

Maybe this is where it's at:

http://www.terminal-media.net/culture/j_bosch/images/bosch-25.jpg

burning
03-21-2008, 04:25 PM
yes it certainly is .regards Burning

Shecallsmemaster
04-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Alex bragi you bring up a good point why is it that we can sit in front of our computers for hours and look at videos of women and men tied up and being whipped but when it comes to actuall torture we cringe. I for one have had some life changing expirences over the past six months when I became a Volunteer firefighter. The first one happened a few months ago on a Saturday when I responded to a trailer on fire with the occupant still inside. I don't know if any of you live in a trailer or have ever been inside of a trailer lets put it this way, it's a tinder box. Any how we show up on scene and the trailer has burnt down to the metal frame I figure that the people had moved the body. Well I flip over whats left of a mattress and there he is, well whats left of him. I'm not going to go into detail and so you can sleep at night. Life is a very precious thing, people make sure that you hug and kiss your kids, husband, mom,dad, aunt, uncle or anyone else that you are close to and simply tell them that you love them cause you never know when something is going to happen to you or them.