PDA

View Full Version : Site Changes

Wontworry
03-29-2004, 03:04 PM
There have obviously been a lot of changes on the site ... there is a new moderator - slavelucy ... existing moderators have taken on extra forums ... but there is nothing to say what has happened or why ..

Any chance of someone out there telling us what is happening .. or are we just to be left in the dark ?

BDSM_Tourguide
03-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Gary and I have decided to take over the forums by force and steal them away from Jinn. We're using the new moderator and spread-out power base to impose martial law on the forums.

And then, once we have seized the power here...

We will try to take over the world!

GaryWilcox
03-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Be advised, we're also preparing to take over all of the On The Border restaurants in the United States and Canada, Wontworry.

We feel that, networked through the tattered remains of this website, we can create an exemplary new Mexican delivery service across the nation...

Wontworry
03-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Well .. thats certainly cleared that up ..

slavelucy being used to help impose martial law on the forums is a novel concept ... a whole new area where subs could take over ...

oh .. btw .. if anyone else has anything to add to help .. please do ...

... its tough being a mushroom, sitting in the dark and being fed bullshit.

GaryWilcox
03-29-2004, 05:32 PM
We added a moderator, slavelucy, by us mod types deciding we needed one more person to handle the load, and slavelucy being one of three possible candidates for the job.

We also put a moderator on every forum, to make certain that everyone can get their needs addressed in a timely fashion.

We were still getting used to it all ourselves, and have not had a moment to reflect on it or post an explantion to the poor, worried mushrooms everywhere! <g> But until we make something more official tonight, yes, that's what's happening.

Breathe! Very little has changed... we just covered up some of the holes in our baseline.

Wontworry
03-29-2004, 05:41 PM
.... looks skywards ... sees a chink of light ... waits for the morning ....

Thanks Gary

Finding_Fantasy
03-29-2004, 11:41 PM
WontWorry....a question for you....

Do you leave you sense of humor at the door when you check into the forums?

They were joking man!!! You need to learn to relax a little bit. There was going to be an announcement. Have patience!

Jones, Nikka
03-30-2004, 12:11 AM
But, but, what about the mexican delivery?

That sounds good.

And martial law? Does that mean more judicial-style canings for us subfolk?

Oh, Gary you are teasing me!

GaryWilcox
03-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Jones, Nikka
Oh, Gary you are teasing me! Always! F. be darned! <g>

Wontworry
03-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Finding_Fantasy
WontWorry....a question for you....

Do you leave you sense of humor at the door when you check into the forums?

Finding_Fantasy ... an answer for you ...

No, I dont. But I do think that mushrooms have a perfect right to be enlightened along with everyone else.

They were joking man!!!

Gosh .. really ... thank you for telling Me ... Jokes by tourguide can be tricky to spot.

You need to learn to relax a little bit.

Oh ... but if you only knew how I relax ... it would truly take your breath away ... *evil grin*

There was going to be an announcement. Have patience!

YOU knew there was going to be an announcement. WE didn't.

Finding_Fantasy ... some questions for you ...

Why couldn't an announcement have been made at the same time (or even before) the moderators were changed ? Wouldn't that be a preferable way of informing members of changes ? If not, why not ?

Mobius
03-30-2004, 03:12 PM
contraversy were there isnt any:rolleyes:

So the peeps want to be moderators, Fine Speeking as one of the unclean mass's. Not fit to moderate. lets move on.;)

Finding_Fantasy
03-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Wontworry
[B]Finding_Fantasy ... some questions for you ...

Why couldn't an announcement have been made at the same time (or even before) the moderators were changed ? Wouldn't that be a preferable way of informing members of changes ? If not, why not ?

Well, seeing as I am not the ones that makes the announcements, I cannot say. However, things tend to happen. Perhaps Gary though TG was going to do it and vice versa. Perhasp they didn't figure anyone would get bent out of shape if people had to wait a few hours since it isn't the end of the world and not really much changed that really affected the memebers. So we added another moderator to help things run smoothly.

So you didn't know right away. Big deal. It's not the end of the world. I would have figured common sense would have made it obvious what was going on.

Wontworry
03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
... and thats exactly the attitude that gets the moderators such a good name ... no thought of the possibility that the mods might have made an error .. just dismiss the members as being a pain in the arse ... let them work it out for themselves ...

Its noted FF ... thank you

Finding_Fantasy
03-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Yes, we are moderators. Yes we have responisbilites here.... but you know what, we do not eat, sleep, and breath the library. We do have lives outside this website and our computers.

Did you ever consider asking...politely, without sarcasm and a confrontational attitude, why it was not posted immediately? No. You just assumed that we were keeping you in the dark...which is exactly what gets the memebers a good name.

We do not dismiss memebers as being a pain in the ass but when they attack and accuse before politely making an inquiry, we do get a little miffed because, like you, we deserve respect....and it is quite obviois that respect is not give when you jump down our throats. You need to realize is that we may actually have a reason....but how about necxt time you make a simple inquiry, a hey guys I was just wondering post instead of the the one you did post. You catch a lot more flies with honey and perhaps if you afford us with a little respect, we will do the same for you!

Wontworry
03-30-2004, 04:29 PM
original post by Wontworry

There have obviously been a lot of changes on the site ... there is a new moderator - slavelucy ... existing moderators have taken on extra forums ... but there is nothing to say what has happened or why ..

Any chance of someone out there telling us what is happening .. or are we just to be left in the dark ?

As I see it ... I asked a question ... I got a couple of amusing (ish)replies ... posted back in roughly the same vein .. Gary gave a straight answer (with a bit of humour) .. I thanked him (with a bit of humour) ... and ... well ... end of thread basically ....

But no ... a moderator got bent out of shape for no reason .. came on with a post that was unnecessary, was not polite and was sarcastic ... and since then a minor little thread that was doing no harm has started to go pear shaped ...

FF .... I really have no problem with the changes ... or the mods .. or almost anything about the site ... but when someone decides to have a pop at Me .. then strangely enough I will have a pop back ...

Finding_Fantasy
03-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, Wontworry, I apologise if I have offended you in anyway. My "leaving you sense of humor at the door" comment was made in good humor as well. I think this thing just totally got thrown out of context. It is hard to judge through typing than it is through voice, and, if I misunderstood your intention/tome, etc, then I apologise.

We are, however, so used to being attacked and jumped on for every little thing we...or don't so for that matter, that it is a little hard not to be defensive.

I hope that you will accept my apology.

Wontworry
03-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Not only do I accept .. but I also offer My apologies ...

Finding_Fantasy
03-30-2004, 04:41 PM
GOod, and I accept yous as well. :)

slavelucy
03-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GaryWilcox
Breathe! Very little has changed... we just covered up some of the holes in our baseline.

*stops dead in changing into her army fatigues*

OH! Does this mean the martial law thing is all off?!?! Damn it!! :D

Curtis
03-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Wontworry will probably shoot me for bringing this back up, but he had a legitimate reason to inquire as to the changes in moderators. I just checked, and yesterday's announcement was also the first official announcement that Lord Douche was a moderator, and that's after HOW long?

Now, it could be reasonably assumed by people that noticed Lord Douche's name listed as moderator next to General Talk that he was, in fact, a moderator. It's apparent from the reactions that many people had in the three What The Hell's Going On This Time threads that the first they knew of LD getting appointed was when he buzzed Boxer, which was a little late.

Likewise, it could be reasonably assumed by the people who saw that every sub-forum was now being moderated (and that slavelucy was listed next to three of them) that more changes had taken place, but this is not unlike getting in your car for the Monday morning commute only to discover a sign saying "Road Under Construction Next 30 Miles" at the end of your driveway. You would've appreciated having a notice tucked in your mailbox the previous Friday.

Now, this is over and done for this time, but as sure as the Pope shits in the woods, it'll come up again. Since it IS going to come up again, this would seem like a good time to decide how it's going to be dealt with.

Finding_Fantasy
03-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Hell, TG and I didn't even know that LD was going to be a moderator until we signed on that day!

Curtis
03-30-2004, 08:25 PM
THAT certainly puts things in a different perspective!

Lord Douche
03-31-2004, 12:35 AM
Hell, TG and I didn't even know that LD was going to be a moderator until we signed on that day!

That's because I went straight to the horses mouth, as it were! Jinn made me moderator after discussion via PM. Not to put Gary in any hot water, but he suggested it originally, although I think he had about as much clue as to it happening as everyone else.
LD

Finding_Fantasy
03-31-2004, 12:18 PM
LOL. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was offended by the fact that it happened. It was just to say that I didn't know, it happened, and I was fine with it. :) I just simply figured that someone had discussed it with Jinn and he said that it was okay. End of story.