PDA

View Full Version : 60 Day Password Issue

Torq
11-18-2007, 12:09 PM
The 60 day password issue has FINALLY been fixed,,, no one should experience any other issues with it but if you do please let me know,,

Be well,
T

MitchC
11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks, Torq. This is good to know. We appreciate the admins and mods effort in resolving this issue.

Take care,
Mitch

Widget
11-20-2007, 12:54 AM
yeah, Thanks to all for your understanding while this was taken care of.

Sir_Russell
11-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I guess I am still wondering why we need this. Or is this to punish the few that do share so that the rest of us get punished too.

I am not a fan of changing passwords since I really don't do well at remembering which password goes with which site and if I have to put them down somewhere then I would say we have defeated the reason for the change and made the site open to family members and friends that use our computer

Torq
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
OK Once and for all,, The "60 Day" Password issue has been REMOVED !!!!

If anyone has a problem logging in or is asked (by the system) to reset please advise me ASAP. There should be no further issues with this 'feature'

Thanks to everyone who was patient while we "fixed" this problem

Be well
T

thrall
11-23-2007, 03:38 PM
hello

a question about he old 60 day password thing.....under that system it wouldn't let reuse passwords that have already been used before...

may we now go back and use the passwords we like......ones that we have already used in he past?

Torq
11-23-2007, 03:42 PM
thrall,,,
you can now use whatever passwords you wish,,, whenever you want to do so,,, the 365 day requirement has been removed.

T

thrall
11-23-2007, 03:51 PM
thanks Torq

happy dancing........all is right with the world.........lol

heycarrieanne
11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I have been trying for a week for the stories side to recognize me! The forums at least know who I am! I have cleaned out cookies, history, reset passwords, and just about everything else I can think of but it will not resolve itself. Any suggestions?

Thorne
11-28-2007, 09:17 PM
I have been trying for a week for the stories side to recognize me! The forums at least know who I am! I have cleaned out cookies, history, reset passwords, and just about everything else I can think of but it will not resolve itself. Any suggestions?

As far as I can tell the story pages do not require a log in. What's the problem you're having?

Ozme52
11-29-2007, 03:04 AM
Login here and then go to the stories... It should recognize you thereafter, until the next time.

Thorne
11-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Login here and then go to the stories... It should recognize you thereafter, until the next time.

Maybe I'm missing something? Why would you need to be logged in to read the stories? I was reading them for years before I got into the forums. I can still read them, even when not logged in.

annie
11-29-2007, 05:43 AM
If you wish to leave reviews, contact the authors, etc. you have to be logged in to do so... at least that is my understanding of it.

Widget
11-29-2007, 01:45 PM

If you log into the site first and then hit the link for the stories page it will recognize you so you can post reviews ect. If you just go to the story page from the forum home page without logging in then it will not recognize you then.

Ozme52
11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Maybe I'm missing something? Why would you need to be logged in to read the stories? I was reading them for years before I got into the forums. I can still read them, even when not logged in.

Correct. It's about reviewing, creating fave lists, etc.

If you wish to leave reviews, contact the authors, etc. you have to be logged in to do so... at least that is my understanding of it.

If you log into the site first and then hit the link for the stories page it will recognize you so you can post reviews ect. If you just go to the story page from the forum home page without logging in then it will not recognize you then.

heycarrieanne
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Tonight I went to the stories page from here and I was logged in!! I am so confused ... all this blonde hair! {{giggles}} Thank you to everyone for your aid and assistance.

Torq
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Ok one final request Has anyone experienced any issues with the "password" changeing request in the past week or so,, If so please advise TY

T