PDA

View Full Version : Differences

Serenitypup
11-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Some people use the term 'submissive' and 'slave' interchangeably in a BDSM context. Is there a difference? If so, what? If not, why not? Is it enough they be grouped together by virtue of the 'bottom' role or is a further delineation necessary?

sidhewolf
11-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Some people use the term 'submissive' and 'slave' interchangeably in a BDSM context. Is there a difference? If so, what? If not, why not? Is it enough they be grouped together by virtue of the 'bottom' role or is a further delineation necessary?

Hello Serenitypup~

For me the easiest explanation is to say a Submissive submits to their Dom/me in ways that are pleasing to themselves as well as the Dom/me primarily. Submissives may have and retain Choice and Limits. ie Choose what they will Submit to. A Slave Submits to their Owner, and it is the Owners pleasure the Slave seeks to be, even when what is pleasing to the Owner is not pleasing to the Slave. The pleasure for the Slave is in pleasing their Owner.

A Bottom is not necessarily a Submissive, and is surely not a Slave.

Overall as Delia suggests reading the Topic she has presented, you may find more of what you seek there in answers.

Respectfully~SidheWolf

gloombunny
11-28-2007, 12:18 AM
The pleasure for the Slave is in pleasing their Owner.

This can also be true of non-slave subs.

I think the differences get severely overblown, and what's left has more to do with personal style than anything concrete.

alpha_Straye
12-02-2007, 03:38 AM
well, i might earnestly believe that a horse is a horse (and if all im making is glue then im right), where as someone who Owns a race horse might well feel they had reason to object if i replaced it with a Clydesdale. it all depends on one's area of expertise and therefor perspective i guess *smile*

a slave is a possession, Owned by Another. the rest is something else, equally good, better for most in fact, just something else.

but lots of people disagree with me.. and thats alright *shrug smile*. i think we're just talking about different things and they dont know it (and dont need to). but then im a race horse, what would i know *smile*?

Dragon's muse
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Hence, the reason i identify as "collared property."

You will get almost as many definitions of either term as there are people who identify as such.