PDA

View Full Version : Glitches in new system

Curtis
03-31-2004, 09:30 PM
I have 'Show Signatures' deselected, but it's showing them anyway.

If anyone else has a complaint about the new system, this would be a good place to put it.

Mobius.

Finding_Fantasy
03-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Such as the avatar problems at least that's what I have heard. I am sure that there will be some here and there as there always is.

BDSM_Tourguide
03-31-2004, 10:11 PM
If anyone else has a complaint about the new system, this would be a good place to put it.

Mobius.

Yeah, so would the forum Jinn started in Site Annouoncements about there still being some things to work out in the new system.

Curtis.

BDSM_Tourguide
03-31-2004, 10:26 PM
I tested the signature. There are two signature settings: one is in User CP->Edit Options. Another is in each individual post. If signature is off in Edit Options, you won't see the sig checkbox in new post or editing post page. And all posts you post during this time are set to "not use sig". So simply turn on sig in "Edit Options" won't automatically turn on sig in all previous posts.

Direct quote from Jinn from PM.

Curtis
04-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Signatures are no longer showing up. Crisis averted. Now, does anyone know how to reply to a PM? There's a quote button and a forward button, but I don't see a reply button.

Also, like Fetish101, I can't find how to change the little phrase near my Avatar. I don't want to change it, but apparently he does, and it sounds as though Mobius also wants to.

There are already comments on the new system spread throughout the Forum. Collecting them in one place (ANY one place) would probably be a good idea. Comments and Suggestions seemed like a natural place. If you'd rather they go in Site Announcements, fine.

Thank you for straightening out my password problem.

Tourguide.

Tiger
04-01-2004, 12:40 AM
In PM, the 'quote' is equal to reply. If you don't want the original message, just remove it from your message. If you want to send a new PM to a user, just click on the username and choose "send a PM" from the popup menu.

Now you can set your custom title now in the "edit profile" under "user CP".

All functions in the old version are still here. In most cases, we can't find them simply because we are so used to the old format. Patience is what we need.

Curtis
04-01-2004, 12:49 AM
Thank you, Jinn. I found the 'custom title' under 'edit profile'. I had looked there earlier and hadn't seen it.

By clicking on the username, I do not get a popup menu. I get sent to the user's profile page, which does have 'send a pm' as an option, so that can work, also.

GaryWilcox
04-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Thank you, Jinn.... The QUOTE function has been failing to put the correct closing tag on.... here's a check to see if it has something to do with the Guided Mode.

No, everything looks okay. Carry on!

Jane SC
04-01-2004, 11:04 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Hello again.

Umm, I seem to be slowly coming to terms with the new system and, as yet, I don't seem to have found anything TOO traumatic in it.

It reminds me of the day when my owner dropped a completely new set of rules onto the table and said, "Read, learn and inwardly digest! And NO questions............" Ah well, at least no-one here comes after me with a cane when I hold up my hand and say, "Excuse me, can you tell me.........?".

Love, Jane

Jane SC
04-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Ooops, how DO I get the Font/Size/Color options to work, short of using the guided mode which is slooooow (for me anyway. I am an computer illiterate imbecile.............)
Thanks and love
Jane

Jane SC
04-01-2004, 11:10 AM
It worked !! Just like Yahoo......... Okay, I'll go away and bother someone else now.

Nice to be back, all the same.

Love to all my old pals and my apologies for being silent for so long.

Jane

redEva
04-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Love to all my old pals and my apologies for being silent for so long.
Jane

Where the hell were you for so long?! i was ... worried ... neglected ... jealous ... ...

well good to have you back!

*kisses*

BDSM_Tourguide
04-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Unless you have the radio button next to guided mode clicked, then you have to use the two buttons to the right of the text edite box to close your tags.

If you're just using one tag, like color, then just click the "Close Current Tag" button. However, if you are using more than one tag at once, like bold, italic and fontcolor all at once, then use the "Close All Tags" button.

Party on, dudes!

Jane SC
04-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Where the hell were you for so long?! i was ... worried ... neglected ... jealous ... ...

well good to have you back!

*kisses*

Awww................ I am sorry, sweetest Eva. Various things including Himself being VERY dommish which was lovely but ............... Well, you know. :eek:

Anyway I am back and hope to be active again. Lovely to hear from you.

Kisses and hugs
Jane