PDA

View Full Version : What books do you think a must read?

04-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Hello guys!!

Im a new BDSM library member and so is my knowldge on BDSM stories...Well not entirely true thought coz I have been reading free stories from this site for the past few years but somehow I gave little thought on expanding my selection of stories. I've been exploring the different threads, and found out that there's been so many discussions about published erotic books.

I was wondering, of all the books u guys have read, of which of those u find most interesting and pleasurable to read... ("PLEASURABLE in every sense of the word"). Can u recommend it to me?

By the way I like stories that has plenty of strict bondage (ropes/chain) and pain... or rather humilition and you know... the typical dungeon stuff and the master and slave thing. well of course since im a male (19) I like females in the position as slave or the victim.... it really doesn't matter what sex the dominant is as long as the sub is a TRUE famale.

I never put interest on male submissiveness even in fantasy stories.

*If not books then what about stories from this and other sites as well.

I really appreciate any kind of replies and Thanks!!!

Morrighan
04-01-2004, 11:48 AM
There's already quite a few posts in the library section about different books we've read. "The Story of O" is one that I've not read, but a lot of people talked about, as well as the Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice, under the name A.N. Rolequare (or something like that, I'm not sure of the spelling.) The series I most enjoyed was the Kushiel's Legacy trilogy by Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel's Dart, Kushiel's Chosen, and Kushiel's Avatar). They are not books in which BDSM is the point of the story, but the BDSM elements form an important part of the culture and are an essential part of the main character. As other people respond to this thread, I'd look around the other posts in this section, if I were you.

Morrighan

04-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tips Morrighan.

I've read a couple of posts about the (not all coz i dont have the time.. yet) "the story of 0" and am actually curious about it... some were saying that they liked the story and that "changed their lives for good", "lack of emotion yet very fulfilling to read" and etc... I would like to read this story too and see for myself the effect of the story to one's lives.

About the other threads well.. like i said, im a newcomer, i've been exploring them little by little and it could take me some time to read most of them - coupled it with my academics and other responsibllities.

anyhow, thanks!!

Curtis
04-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Take your time. I came back to the Forum after a three month absence, and it took me a week to get caught up, reading multiple hours a day.

If you find old threads that interest you, feel free to ressurect them. That's what they're there for.

Welcome to the Forum!

Lord Douche
04-04-2004, 05:59 AM
I took two days away, and I've been reading for several hours now! I'm estimating half-way :(
Welcome to the site, 13.3.220
LD

rob.wilson
04-04-2004, 08:44 AM
I didn't care for "O" but I second the vote for Anne Rice's adult fairly tail.

Now none BDSM books - The Unbearbable Lightness of Being by Milan Kunda (unsure of the spelling). After reading that book, I forgave everyone that has ever hurt me in a relationship.

gina
04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
i just finished reading a really good book that i thoroughly enjoyed! A Knight in Waiting by Juliet Landon. There is no mention anywhere in it about D/s or BDSM, but the hero of the story is very Dominant and sets out to tame the lady of the story. Its a historical romantic fiction and i highly recommend it!

slave ruthie
05-06-2004, 11:53 AM
umm the short stories of Angela Carter are quite intriguing...well, i enjoyed them lol

love & respect

ruthie[Phil]
XXXXXX;)
www.slaveregister.com/763339

Aurelius
05-06-2004, 12:22 PM
I didn't care for "O" but I second the vote for Anne Rice's adult fairly tail.

Now none BDSM books - The Unbearbable Lightness of Being by Milan Kunda (unsure of the spelling). After reading that book, I forgave everyone that has ever hurt me in a relationship.

Milan Kundera.

Rob, I agree on all points. :) It's one of many wonderful books by Kundera. I can also recommend his Book of Laughter and Forgetting. I'd like to think my own writing is influenced by it, if only slightly. I suspect that we all subconsciously write in the style of the books we admire.

'Unbearable' also has a faithful movie adaptation that is philosophical, emotional and sexy. (Stars Daniel Day Lewis and Juliette Binoche!)

Neopadinski
05-06-2004, 05:41 PM
One of these days, an online story of mine will appear in one of these threads. It'll be great...

Jones, Nikka
05-07-2004, 02:27 AM
I was wondering, of all the books u guys have read, of which of those u find most interesting and pleasurable to read... ("PLEASURABLE in every sense of the word"). Can u recommend it to me?

By the way I like stories that has plenty of strict bondage (ropes/chain) and pain... or rather humilition and you know... the typical dungeon stuff and the master and slave thing. well of course since im a male (19) I like females in the position as slave or the victim.... it really doesn't matter what sex the dominant is as long as the sub is a TRUE famale.

Some books I would recommend:
The Domino Tatoo
The New story of O
The Q letters
Modern Slaves
The devil's advocate
Sorora Dolores

Sorry I can't provide you with autor's names But these are pretty mainstream books that you can find in bookstores. Enjoy!

acissej
05-30-2004, 06:40 AM
A couple I recommend are:

Carrie's Story by Molly Weatherfield
Safe Word by Molly Weatherfield (sequel to Carrie's Story - almost as good as the first)
Gordon by Edith Templeton (if I remember correctly, it wasn't as sexually explicit, but it delved more into the psychology of BDSM)
King's Pawn - I can't remember the author's name, but it was published by Black Lace.

Master Jack's pet
05-30-2004, 01:34 PM
the academy series by laura antoniou...i loved them all...

j
06-02-2004, 10:00 PM
I do not know about their availability in English, but Alain Robbe-Grillet's books, in addition to being intellectually challenging (to say the least, although you can elect to read them like you view a movie, which is how they were written), are peppered with incredibly hot BDSM scenes. That's those literature majors' hot little secret. (his movies are not bad either)

Kalluss
06-06-2004, 12:05 PM
The two below are by favorites right now that have a BDSM's feel to them; I think they're decently written and don't seem sooo far fetched that they couldn't happen.

"Into the Arena" by Sean O'Kane
"The Gladiator" by Sean O"Kane

For non-scene related reading. I think my favorites are:
Wizards First Rule. Anyone who doesn't picture Denna in her red leather as a Dominatrix just ain't thinking.
Faith of the Fallen. Both of these are by Terry Goodkind, who as well as being a writer a love is also a pretty decent human being.

Anything from the collected works of Andrew Vacchs.

and for laughs I read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plumm series.