PDA

View Full Version : This Is A Question, Not A Complaint!

Curtis
04-01-2004, 09:33 PM
This was true on the previous system and continues on this one. Sometimes the "Go to first unread post" button takes you to the first unread post, but sometimes it takes you to the most recent post. Why is that?

It does it on the longer threads, such as the three photo threads, New Members Post Here and kittenfemme's poetry thread. On shorter threads it works as it's supposed to.

BDSM_Tourguide
04-02-2004, 02:13 AM
This was true on the previous system and continues on this one. Sometimes the "Go to first unread post" button takes you to the first unread post, but sometimes it takes you to the most recent post. Why is that?

It does it on the longer threads, such as the three photo threads, New Members Post Here and kittenfemme's poetry thread. On shorter threads it works as it's supposed to.

The only time I have encountered the bug in question is when a thread wraps to a new page before the new posts are read. Then, rather than taking you to the first unread post, it takes you to the new page.

I'm not the expert, but I can guess that it's not specific to these forums, either, and is probably a bug in the VBB coding.

In other words, there's likely nothing that can be done for it, so you'll have to wait the extra two seconds and load the previous page manually. ;)

Curtis
04-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Thanks. I didn't figure there was anything that could be done about it (which was why it was a question, not a complaint), but it happened yesterday in kittenfemme's thread and the evening before in one of the picture threads (Anime, I think), and neither of them were wrapping over onto additional pages. I have noticed the phenomenon used mentioned, but hadn't remembered it.

On a seperate topic, did you notice that all twelve sub-forums had new posts yesterday? I can't remember that ever happening before (excepting when you went through and tacked stickies at the tops of them all).

Finding_Fantasy
04-02-2004, 11:54 AM
I didn't notice that myself, but I was not on a whole lot yesterday. But it is excellent, in my opinion. The more posters the better. :)

Curtis
04-28-2004, 04:51 PM
I have a new question: Has anyone else noticed that the pages take two or three times as long to load as they did before the changeover? I was wondering if this was due to increased traffic, or if it was an artifact of Version 3.0, or if the problem's just with my machine? I first noticed it about a week after the changeover and it's been pretty consistent since then. Yahoo! is also running slower for me, but Google and other things I do with my browser (going to other sites, navigating within other sites) seem to be at the same speed they've always been.

Finding_Fantasy
04-28-2004, 06:43 PM
I can't say that I have seen any change in the speed that the pages load. If anything, it has been a little faster, at least for me. As for Yahoo! being slow...well that is not anything new. Yahoo is about as flaky as a two dollar hooker and about as reliable.