PDA

View Full Version : maybe impossible but

Sir Draconis
04-02-2004, 07:06 AM
maybe impossible but it would help if postings could have gender/age linked to the members names and if there is doubt as to legal age status moderator(s) endorsements or links to mods in case of doubt.
Respectfully,
Sir Draconis

Finding_Fantasy
04-02-2004, 11:52 AM
It's a nice thought, but what's to stop them from entering a false age? That's the one bad thing about a lot of "free" adult sites.

Tiger
04-02-2004, 01:13 PM
This is not hard at all. You may noticed that the Gender info is already in place if the user provides that info. Like FF said, we can't stop people entering false information. Making everybody show their credit card before entering this site is a neat idea. But I am afraid most people don't think so :rolleyes:

fetish101
04-02-2004, 02:09 PM
This is not hard at all. You may noticed that the Gender info is already in place if the user provides that info. Like FF said, we can't stop people entering false information. Making everybody show their credit card before entering this site is a neat idea. But I am afraid most people don't think so :rolleyes:

Also, some people don't have credit cards. I bought a huge car soundsystem when I turned 18 on credit...boy did I regret that. So I cut the damned thing up. But, if I wanted to..I could make my presence known 2 blocks away..so I guess that's a plus :rolleyes:

Mobius
04-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Who was the president in 1976
or some age relivent question like the names of the singers of boston
Most people under the age of 30 willnot be able to name them. Only problem is I cant remember it either
:)

Finding_Fantasy
04-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Again, that is a nice idea, but that information can be found eaily enough on the internet.... and as for presidents, well people from other countries may have to look that up anyway, seeing as not everyone studies American History in depth. :)

This is the age of anonymity and it is not hard to fake an identity when all the answers you could possible put forth are at your finger tips.

fetish101
04-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Who was the president in 1976
or some age relivent question like the names of the singers of boston
Most people under the age of 30 willnot be able to name them. Only problem is I cant remember it either
:)

that might have been an alright idea..but I was born 8 years after 1976..so that's kinda out. singers of boston...ummm...must have missed that one. You could take it so far as to ask a question dealing with conics in math. "what shape on a 2 dimensional graph do you get when you intersect a flat plane and a double napped cone parallel to the generator?" Or "what is the degenerate form of an elipse". I could come up with other questions that anyone holding a high school diploma should know the answers to, but you can see how unfair it would be.

Finding_Fantasy
04-03-2004, 07:33 PM
"what shape on a 2 dimensional graph do you get when you intersect a flat plane and a double napped cone parallel to the generator?" Or "what is the degenerate form of an elipse".

Uhhhhh huh? LOL. I have no idea what you just said let alone the answer to them! See? That would then mean that you would not only have to be over 18 to post here, but a genius as well. LMAO.

fetish101
04-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Well, not a genius..you've just been out of high school math class longer than me (also, I have taken many math courses such as linear algebra and single/multi variable calculus as requirements of my degree). You proved my point though, it would not be fair to use that sort of question and that's why I used them to demonstrate why Mobius' idea was inherently flawed.

Also, in case anyone gives two shits..here's the answers!!

1)what shape on a 2 dimensional graph do you get when you intersect a flat plane and a double napped cone parallel to the generator?

This one's trickier than the second one. It actually has 2 separate cases that should be included in a full answer. If the plane intersects parallel to the generator (the generator is the line with the angle theta in the diagram), it will slice either the top cone or the bottom cone into a shape known as a parabola (this has the general form equation Y = aX^2 + b). The degenerate form of this is when a = 0 and therefore Y = b, making it a straight line.

2) what is the degenerate form of an elipse?

This question is not too hard, once you understand what an elipse means. An elipse is the effect of intersecting a flat planar surface with a cone, at an angle greater than the vertex angle, but less than 90 degrees (which would be making a circle). The degenerate form of this is when the plane intersects the double napped cone at the vertex, making a point, or single event. A point is an event--the intersection of an event's past and future is itself.

fetish101
04-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Tell me that isn't the way we have to post images now...but that's all I could figure out with this new verson of VBulletin

Spitman
04-04-2004, 02:30 AM
I agree with most of what has been said. I don't like the idea of credit cards; you might as well post your fingerprints and retina prints. There are also those prepaid credit cards that you can buy without giving ID. In the end, making a payment to a site means that you are legally regarded as endorsing all of the content of the site, in some countries, even though you might only find out after joining that the site contains material you disapprove of.

It is not just the anonymity that makes the difference, it is the free access. I don't buy in to the idea that everyone has to surrender their privacy in the name of the common good. Privacy is a very important human need, and I believe we should have a right to it. If the public had to know what every public figure enjoyed doing in the bedroom, I hate to think what kind of people would become politicians.

cyndylu
04-04-2004, 10:12 AM
the underaged users are either discovered and kicked off or they move on to other shinier toys. In the limited amount of time I've been on this site I've seen some folks reprimanded and kicked off the site - just like some of the obnoxious members have lost the privledge to be here.

My suggestion is to require everybody to log in whether they're contributing to the forum or not. Lurking is fine but they should be required to log in.

Warrior
04-07-2004, 04:47 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I am limited on time and quickly go to the site without logging in to check how a topic is going. Making me have to sign in just to read would even further put a strain on that time (like just before I head off to college).